Profile for Karen Knight > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Trapped: My Life with Cerebral Palsy
Trapped: My Life with Cerebral Palsy

5.0 out of 5 stars "Trapped" but living daily, 15 Sep 2014
A must read book for anyone with compassion. Fran bares all in this memoir. It starts from her childhood and follows through her life to the stage of becoming a parent. This book is very emotive, and the final chapters leave you thinking about your own life. Fran has not had life easy, but being "Trapped" in a body suffering from cerebral palsy, she doesn't want anything to stop her leading the life she wishes for herself. She moves to a distant place, struggling with life, returns home for a while, and after a few relationships she meets a man who will love her, and support her in her daily living. This book is sensitively written and I hope Fran Macilvey will continue writing a follow up to this memoir

[ TRAPPED: MY LIFE WITH CEREBRAL PALSY ] By Macilvey, Fran ( Author ) Mar- 2014 [ Hardcover ]
by Fran Macilvey

5.0 out of 5 stars "Trapped" but living for today, 15 Sep 2014

Sihpromatum - I Grew my Boobs in China
Sihpromatum - I Grew my Boobs in China

5.0 out of 5 stars Growing up on a world adventure., 12 Aug 2014
Wow, what an adventure, Savannah's parents separate and her Mum decide to take her children on a world tour. Reducing those precious possessions to go in your rucksack, leaves me in awe. Many train journeys, card games to pass the time, and an initial introduction to reading, Gone with the wind, obviously spark Savannah to journal her adventures. From eating local food, mutton, including the fleece, biscuits that were an essential to eat, while stranded in the desert.
This memoir is an easy read, well written and leaves you the reader, desperately wanting to read more.
Thank you for such an interesting memoir, and I look forward to reading the next instalment off your adventures.

Nail Enamel by Revlon Hushed Blushed
Nail Enamel by Revlon Hushed Blushed
Offered by Kt Cutprice Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Aug 2014
Product as described. Fast an deficient delivery

Two Old Fools in Spain Again
Two Old Fools in Spain Again

5.0 out of 5 stars Book 4 - laugh, cry and get involved with Victoria and Jo's latest adventures!, 25 July 2014
This is the fourth in a series and yet again is a fantastic read. Victoria puts so much of herself into her memoirs, that you are swept along In her writing. She writes a letter to the newest member of her family, which had me in floods of tears, that she would trust us as readers to share in something so intimate.
Victoria and Jo ( still scratching himself!) fall back into life after their trip to Bahrain, and are yet again peacemakers in a very important decision that has the town divided. The antics of the neighbours, still bring a smile with their comings and goings. There are also the ineviditable visitors "The gin twins," and also some not invited visitors! So this holiday season, grab yourself a glass of something nice, and enjoy this fantastic book. Now to await Victoria to write book five. Thank you Victoria, for sharing your life with us.

Journey To A Dream
Journey To A Dream

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read memoir for all of us that like to hitch hike a lift on the back of ..., 2 July 2014
Following Craig and Melanie's dream of living in Spain, this memoir recounts, the ups and downs, the highs and lows of buying your dream home in Spain. With the laid back life and many fiestas and holidays Craig tells nightmare builders, of waiting 110 days for their new car.
A must read memoir for all of us that like to hitch hike a lift on the back of an couple wanting to live in Spain
Looking forward to reading the next instalment !

Well... I Guess I'm Not Jesus
Well... I Guess I'm Not Jesus

5.0 out of 5 stars you are wishing only the best for Adam I send my thanks to you Adam, 2 July 2014
Adam has been through many illnesses, where he thought he was Jesus. Reading signs into everything. But life took an unexpected turn and Adam is involved in a car accident. His recovery and Christian belief, carries him through his recovery. Accepting that healing comes in different ways to what he was asking for.
I true memoir from someone who came from the darkness into the light.
This memoir holds any reader as you turn each page, you are wishing only the best for Adam
I send my thanks to you Adam, of reminding me some real truths about reality

Naked: Stripped by a Man and Hurricane Katrina
Naked: Stripped by a Man and Hurricane Katrina

5.0 out of 5 stars she is like the Phoenix and fishes from the ashes to become ..., 2 July 2014
What a heart reaching memoir this is. From living the dream, an idyllic engagement, marriage to a man who would later email her with devasting news. To be followed by the destruction of their home. Julie lays her heart on the line, but supported ny family, friends and well wishers, she is like the Phoenix and fishes from the ashes to become a strong, awesome woman.
I was so hooked by Julie's memoir, I read it in one sitting.
Definitely a must read, that I would highly recommend. Thank you Julie for sharing such an inspiring memoir

Joan's Descent into Alzheimer's
Joan's Descent into Alzheimer's

5.0 out of 5 stars Joans Descent and Jill's selflessness, 2 April 2014
I volunteered to read this for Beta readers, I must admit I was rather apprehensive about reading a book on this topic. But I need not have worried. This book is Jill Stoking's very frank and honest account of the decline in her mothers health. The frustration with inadequate nursing and care homes, as well as the NHS.
Jill selflessly sells her home and has her wonderful mother move in with her, screams and tantrums, all the while Jill is dealing with a marriage break up and also dealing with her son.
I would love you to read this book, its very sensitively written and I would read it again without hesitation.
Well done Jill for tackling writing a book on this sensitive subject, which quite clearly is close to your heart.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2014 11:34 AM BST

Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain
Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars Free Country, 2 April 2014
A brilliant book, two friends starting off at Lands end in just a pair of boxer shorts. On the way to John O' Groats they decided, not to accept any money,but to beg and befriend people in order to gain clothes, shoes, bikes, food, places to sleep at night.
Half way they meet with family, leaving both guys with very mixed emotions.
Put this book on your holiday read list, one that will leave you smiling in the sun.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3