Profile for Brian Thomas > Reviews

Content by Brian Thomas

Brian Thomas

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Dead And Buried (The Cooper & Fry series Book 12)
Dead And Buried (The Cooper & Fry series Book 12)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 24 Dec 2014
I have to say that Diane Fry comes over as a paranoid character, a most unlike able but no doubt a very effective detective. it was a good story but seemed to come to a very rapid end without a definite conclusion hopefully more will be revealed in the next book.

Lamentation (The Shardlake series Book 6)
Lamentation (The Shardlake series Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from CJ Sansom, 6 Dec 2014
I just hope that the Shardlake series continues, it get better and better. I again particularly liked the descriptive passages relating to London during the turbulent reign of Henry. It came a a real shock reading of Baraks near death. I hope that he will be continued to be featured in hopefully later books.

The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy
The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 14 Nov 2014
I really enjoyed the book, so different to the normal mystery/detective story. I liked the descriptive passages relating to Scottish Islands. Looking forward to reading the next book in the trilogy.

The Goldfinch
The Goldfinch

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Reas, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Goldfinch (Kindle Edition)
Both my wife and daughter read the book first. I wasn't sure that it was my thing, but having started it I found that I couldn't put it down. it's a great moving story and so well written which kept you guessing right up to the end.

A Question of Identity: Simon Serrailler Book 7
A Question of Identity: Simon Serrailler Book 7

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 9 July 2014
The 7th book in the series was a really good read, it kept you guessing right until the end. I was pleased that Simon opted not to go,for the desk job. Looking forward to reading book number 8.

The Shadows in the Street: Simon Serrailler Book 5
The Shadows in the Street: Simon Serrailler Book 5

5.0 out of 5 stars another great read, 21 Jun 2014
A very clever story, I was left guessing right until the end. Not too sure about the new DS only time will tell if he truly fits the bill. Looking forward to reading the 6th book in the series.

The Vows of Silence: Simon Serrailler Book 4
The Vows of Silence: Simon Serrailler Book 4

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great read, 11 Jun 2014
My 4th book in the series. What a good story with some very surprising and touching moments with a very unexpected twist at the end.

The Risk of Darkness: Simon Serrailler Book 3
The Risk of Darkness: Simon Serrailler Book 3

5.0 out of 5 stars My second Susan Hill read and not disappointed, 7 Jun 2014
Having read Susan Hill's first detective book I was keen to read more. The book was again extremely well written with an excellent main plot and sub plots.
Looking forward to the next book in the series

The Devil's Edge (The Cooper & Fry series Book 11)
The Devil's Edge (The Cooper & Fry series Book 11)

3.0 out of 5 stars A long drawn out story, 17 April 2014
not the best Stephen Booth book. Too slow a build up and a pretty rapid ending. Mr Booth for the record the a Union Jack which you refer to in the book on several occasions is only a JACK when on a Jack staff/pole eg on a ship at sea otherwise it is referred to as the UNION flag.

Watching the Dark: The 20th DCI Banks Mystery (The Inspector Banks Series)
Watching the Dark: The 20th DCI Banks Mystery (The Inspector Banks Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great peter Robinson Book, 26 Feb 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed the read and was particularly impressed with the story once it moved on to Estonia. I wonder if in future books if Passaro will feature again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4