Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "LILIMUHU" (Europe)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
A Reason for Living - A Story that Shocked the World!
A Reason for Living - A Story that Shocked the World!

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't mind me, 19 Nov. 2013
Did not find this as convincing or as heart wrenching as "The Cupboard Under the Stairs". To imagine there is so much evil, abuse and cruelty in everyday life. This is NOT fiction, not the movies. This is real. However, I found myself having rather little compassion for Billy. The story is not so much that of his childhood as that of his growing into adulthood. I find it difficult to express an unbiased opinion without incurring the wrath of other readers. Billy Casper managed to make good of his difficult life and can be proud of himself. I can only apologise if I found him to be unsympathetic (to me): a rough tough kid, a bully, a trouble maker, unstable in work and love. Good on you Billy for being a survivor. Keep up the love and don't mind me. You done good.
And yes there were spelling errors and grammatical mistakes but this is not what counts in a story like this. It's the content that is important, the story as it is told.

RUBBER DUCK womens SPORTY QUILTED SNOWJOGGER BLACK PATENT Snow boots, Black, 6 UK
Offered by Rubbersole

2.0 out of 5 stars Stiff and clunky, 19 Nov. 2013
I had my hopes up for these boots, but am disappointed. They size super big, the shaft if stiff and the sole too flat. Thought the trainer-style sole would be comfortable, but they sort of go down in the back - so you're walking with your toes slightly up, and heel lower. Makes my hips hurt. I normally wear a size 6, but had to exchange these for a size 5 and they're still a bit too big. Have to pad the inside with an extra sole.
The seller - Poshu - was extremely customer friendly and helpful. They exchanged the size without quibble and made the transaction as easy as possible. Am well satisfied with their service.

Black Floral Laminate Crossbody Bag
Black Floral Laminate Crossbody Bag

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so, 19 Nov. 2013
Cute bag, nice size, handy pockets inside, BUT : arrived flat so I've had to stuff it with wads of paper to give it the shape it's supposed to have. The oilcloth is very stiff and more plastic-like than oilcloth, so looks kind of cheap. The magnetic button does not hold. At all. I won't return it because it's ok for the price and I can use it for rainy days. Definitely not elegant.
Second thoughts: I did return it mainly because of the magnetic clasp not holding.

How to be Terrific
How to be Terrific

1.0 out of 5 stars What happened?, 14 Nov. 2013
Ordered - but seems the item doesn't exist anymore. Never did for that matter. No news on if or when it will ever be up for sale. Disappointed.

Wagalum Reflector 8 piece Bicycle accessories
Wagalum Reflector 8 piece Bicycle accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 14 Nov. 2013
OK so the item is not cheap ... however well worth its price. Bought for my daughter to use on her little one's pushchair. She was very happy and used some on the older kids' scooters too. Even salvaged all the little bits that would normally be thrown away (around the stickers) for little bits of added glow on their helmets. Good purchase.

Paris in Love
Paris in Love

3.0 out of 5 stars Not everyday people, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Paris in Love (Kindle Edition)
This is not about the Paris of everyday people like you and me. I couldn't afford to go to all those swanky shops and starred restaurants. Nor live in that upper-class area of 9th arrondissement Paris. Eloisa admits to being obsessed by luxury - aren't we all, but which of us can truly afford it. This was an essay of a person who had the luxury to swan about Paris free-style for a year: sitting at cafés watching the world go by, going to museums, window shopping at exclusive boutiques, etc. Didn't seem to do much of the everday "normal" life. Lucky for her. It was an easy pleasant read as such, nothing in depth or though provoking. I preferred Lunch in Paris by Elisabeth Bard much much more, and her delicious recipes scattered throughout the book.

Oh, and as an American now petmanently living in Europe (unfortunately not Paris) I was appalled by the comment of Eloisa trying out Beef Snout (such an ugly name for Museau de Boeuf even if it IS the literal translation): it does NOT taste like Spam ! It's a jellied concoction served with mustardy/shalloty vinaigrette and if you don't try to translate the name, it's actually quite good. Same goes for Tete de Veau (veal's head) which is NOT a brain tart and for that matter, brains don't even come into the recipe. And it's NOT a whole head served on a platter. Maybe she'd better stick to risotto ...

SimplySupplements Menapol Plus|Reduces Symptoms of Menopause|360 Capsules in total
Offered by SimplySupplements

5.0 out of 5 stars Here here!, 12 Nov. 2013
The other reviewers have said it all so I won't repeat. Just want to say that I too after having tried so many other supplements, this one really does do the trick. I am now sleeping well and in dry night clothes. And it only took about a week to kick in for me. Thank you.

My Brother's Voice: How a Young Hungarian Boy Survived the Holocaust: A True Story

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Oct. 2013
Truly and excellent read. Just have a niggle with some mis-used and mis-spelled German words. I think an author should make the effort of making sure that his/her use of a foreign language is correct.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2013 10:04 PM GMT

The Never List
The Never List

2.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere fast, 20 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Never List (Kindle Edition)
It read like Fifty Shades of Nancy Drew. Did not find it particularly gripping. Improbable heroine - has agoraphobia and panic attacks but manages to overcome her demons just like that ... I read it to the end because it wasn't really terrible, but it didn't do much for me.

The Shining Girls
The Shining Girls

2.0 out of 5 stars Given up, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Shining Girls (Kindle Edition)
The 2* reviewers have said it all and I've given up. Got lost in the time warp half-way through and couldn't follow who when or why anymore.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14