Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "LILIMUHU" (Europe)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Disney Princess ME1828 Girl's Swimsuit Fuschia/Polka Dots 3 Years
Disney Princess ME1828 Girl's Swimsuit Fuschia/Polka Dots 3 Years

5.0 out of 5 stars For every wannabe little princess, 6 Jun. 2013
Was love at first sight with my grand-daughter. Nice item - perfect fit. Very cute with little ruffles and a little mermaid tail at the back. Grandma was a big hit.

Blind Faith (Caitlyn Tierney Trilogy)
Blind Faith (Caitlyn Tierney Trilogy)
by C. J. Lyons

1.0 out of 5 stars Nightmare just beginning, 15 April 2013
Indeed, it says it all on the cover : a nightmare just beginning. I totally agree with the other 1* star reviewers. Started out what could have been an interesting story and very quickly became farfetched, unrealistic and just plain boring. I bought it in blind faith that it might be a gripping read but was disappointed.

Life After Life
Life After Life
by Kate Atkinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure 2, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Life After Life (Hardcover)
I didn't find it hard to get into ... in fact quite enjoyed the beginning. It lost me 2/3 of the way through though. Maybe the ending was great, but I just didn't get there. I lost all interest in Germany. Do let me know if I should pick it up and finish it. Maybe I was too hasty to give up.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2013 7:36 AM GMT

How to Eat Out
How to Eat Out
by Giles Coren

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy, 2 Mar. 2013
This review is from: How to Eat Out (Paperback)
Well, maybe he is a sanctimonius prig who thinks highly of himself, but who am I to say. I don't know the guy, all I can say is that I really really did enjoy his book. And I dont't say this too often. I don't think he's whiny, smug and petty. It's a funny read, honest and down to earth, even if I'll never be able to eat in the type of places that he does. Giles knows and admits he's a snob and doesn't mince words about it. So he was lucky to be unto the manor born. I'm a foodie fan and not ashamed of it. I was hooked from page 1. What a way to make a living. Just don't know how he manages his weight with all that. (and by the way, the numerous brackets in the text didn't put me off ;-)

Welcome to Biscuit Land: A Year in the Life of Touretteshero
Welcome to Biscuit Land: A Year in the Life of Touretteshero
by Jessica Thom

3.0 out of 5 stars My bad, 24 Feb. 2013
I'd probably only really give it 2 stars, and although I feel for Jess and her brave taking on of the world with her special condition - and I have no intention here of being condescending - I found the reading to be very repetitious and I got bored after a while. However, I commend her on her optimistic outlook on life and her sharing with us. Just wondering if the 5* reviewers didn't want to hurt her feelings ...

Timberland Apley Mid, Women's Waterproof Boots
Timberland Apley Mid, Women's Waterproof Boots

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 6 Dec. 2012
Always wanted a pair of Timberland boots, but they were (are) too expensive. Got these at Amazon sale price. Great deal. Good boot. The colour is more muddy khaki than olive green, but that's OK. As the reviewer before already said, they are clunky. Definitely not elegant and not even smart casual. However, great for mucking about outside. The shaft is quite wide which is easy to tuck your jeans in. For me they size slightly large in my normal sizing, so I added a padded insole, which also helped with the slightly uncomfy footbed. Voila, instant perfect fit. Wouldn't think they go too well with a skirt, but I'm sure some of you are able to pull that off and look great. The leather is supple enough and does not need "breaking in". Don't know yet about the waterproof aspect, but I'm sure Timberland are true to their word. On the whole, am more than happy with my purchase and even went and bought a pair for my daughter.

El Naturalista Iggdrasil, Women's Boots
El Naturalista Iggdrasil, Women's Boots
Price: £120.00 - £125.00

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, 6 Dec. 2012
Great looking bootie - nice colour - good fit - comfy - no struggle whatsoever to get on or off, even with my high instep. Maybe some people get "lemons" and have trouble with their items, but I can't complain at all. Good thick sole with nice grip and my feet were warm and happy all day in the cold. Am pleased with the product and the price.

Scoot Scooter and Bike Streamers (Red)
Scoot Scooter and Bike Streamers (Red)

1.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive, 16 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Scooter & Bike Streamers (Toy)
Grandaughter thought they looked cool on her scooter, but I do think they were way too expensive for what the product is.

How the Whale Became: And Other Stories
How the Whale Became: And Other Stories
by Ted Hughes

4.0 out of 5 stars Got caught out, 15 Oct. 2012
I ordered the paperback edition of the book and was surprised that I got the small F&F paperback version with no pictures. My own fault that I did not pay attention to the book description when I ordered, but it's really not very straight-forward. So if you want the book with the lovely illustrations, take care which edition you're ordering.
Not faulting the book, lovely stories. Not faulting Amazon, it WAS there for me to see but I didn't pick up on the difference. Just a note to pay attention to the details :-)

Jo Nesbo's Headhunters [DVD]
Jo Nesbo's Headhunters [DVD]
Dvd ~ Aksel Hennie

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised - good one, 21 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Jo Nesbo's Headhunters [DVD] (DVD)
Great film, lots of suspense right up to the end, some black humour ... definitely a good one to watch. Added bonus was finding that the dvd also had a spoken English option, though I was not expecting this from the product description. Was geared to read the subtitles and was pleasantly surprised. OK the dub-over is as another reviewer mentions, somewhat clumsy, but hey, no complaints.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13