Profile for Eileen Lee > Reviews

Gideon
Gideon
by Russell Andrews

5.0 out of 5 stars Gideon Russell Andrews, 8 Oct 2012
This review is from: Gideon (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this excellent book, I could happlily have made it a one sitting read but due to other committments I had to make it two. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good, well constructed, plot. It moves along at a really good pace and the characters are all very believable. An excellent, excellent read.

Slapton Sands
Slapton Sands
by Francis Cottam

2.0 out of 5 stars F G or Francis Cottam, 2 Nov 2011
This review is from: Slapton Sands (Paperback)
I read F G Cottam's House of Lost Souls which was so good I went straight back to the beginning and read it again, I then read Dark Echo another wonderfully spooky read. Sadly Slapton Sands, written under the name Francis Cottam, did not live up to my expectations of F G Cottam I was very disappointed and wondered if written under F G Cottam it would have been a better tale. I have since read the Magdalen Curse and the Waiting Room and enjoyed them both and continue to be a great fan of F G Cottam - but maybe not Francis Cottam.

The Cathedral Builders of the Middle Ages (New Horizons)
The Cathedral Builders of the Middle Ages (New Horizons)
by Alain Erlande-Brandenburg

5.0 out of 5 stars How it was done, 15 Aug 2010
I was inspired by the wonderful Ely Cathedral to wonder "how on earth did they build this?" and you'll be amazed. We may think of ourselves in the 21st century as knowing (almost) everything but the people who built the Cathedrals certainly knew a thing a two, and what they did'nt know they learned fast when towers and walls collapsed. You'll never look at one of these wonderful structures in the same light again.

Wildcat Haven
Wildcat Haven
by Mike Tomkies

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gavin Maxwell of Wildcats, 15 Aug 2010
This review is from: Wildcat Haven (Hardcover)
A wonderful book. Would recommend it to cat lovers generally and anyone who loves the Scottish wilderness, wonderful descriptions of life on the wild side.

The Step Counter Diet (Book & Pedometer)
The Step Counter Diet (Book & Pedometer)
by Joanna Hall

1.0 out of 5 stars Just another eat less exercise more book, 15 Aug 2010
You would have to be dedicated to reach the stepping heights favoured by this lady. In fact I think you'd have to spend most of your life wearing a pedomitor. Generally another eat less exercise more book. I prefer Rosemary Conley's GI Jeans Diet.

James Brindley: The First Canal Builder
James Brindley: The First Canal Builder
by Nick Corble

5.0 out of 5 stars James Brindley First Canal Builder, 22 April 2009
A very readable account of the life this fascinating man. A must for anyone interested in the building of canals or, like me, the industrial revolution.