Profile for Annie Bananie > Reviews

Content by Annie Bananie

Annie Bananie

XMI X-Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule Speaker for iPhone/iPad/iPod/MP3 Player/Laptop - Green
Offered by Ultrasonic Audio
Price: 11.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 21 May 2013
I just wanted to add to the many reviews to say how brilliant this product is. Bought it as the volume on our laptop is ridiculously quiet and couldn't hear radio through iplayer when washing up etc. It increases the volume really well up to the point where it might get distorted but doesn't go past this. I hadn't considered using it with my MP3 player but have realised it will be perfect for when I go into schools to teach music and avoid me having to bring CDs and CD player etc. Having the lead built in is a great idea and avoids the problem of losing it and having to keep it somewhere safe. Looks great. Very small. Wonderful. Wish i'd bought one months ago.

Artline Softline Ink Rollerball Pen - Gold
Artline Softline Ink Rollerball Pen - Gold
Price: 1.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading info, 16 May 2013
I bought this thinking it was for 10 pens and was shown in the picture and mentioned in the description. Granted it does say in the title that it is for a gold pen but it is a very misleading post. Thankfully Amazon's customer service was excellent and they have refunded my money (and let me keep the one gold pen!) Hopefully the details will be amended to more accurately reflect the product.

Rescue Pals Train and Play Puppy
Rescue Pals Train and Play Puppy

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 17 Jan 2013
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
After reading reviews here and other places, I was confident that this would be a great buy. However, although it does the functions it is meant to, it does not respond to the clicker or touch very well. My little girl got bored of it very quickly as did everyone else who initially thought it was great but after repeatedly asking it to sit, walk, beg etc and it not doing so lost interest. Such a shame as it's a great idea and is very cute but I could not recommend it and thankfully the shop we bought it from took it back.

The Story of Christmas
The Story of Christmas
by Mary Packard
Price: 12.71

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely item for Advent, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Story of Christmas (Hardcover)
I decided this year that I had had enough of meaningless chocolate advent calendars based on a tv programme and was looking for something that could become part of our family Christmas tradition. Was not a difficult to decision to buy this product after reading all the other positive reviews. It is a lovely item (though probably not great for very little children as cardboard can rip when removing books). Tells so much more of the Christmas story than usual and really puts it into a wider biblical context. My children haven't complained about not having chocolate calendars this year and are really enjoying reading them. Highly recommend.

Leapfrog Leapster Explorer Penguins of Madagascar Game
Leapfrog Leapster Explorer Penguins of Madagascar Game
Offered by trade_addictionz
Price: 26.37

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the better leapfrog games we've tried..., 9 Dec 2012
Both my 5 year old son and now 4 year old daughter have really enjoyed playing this game. The educational part just consists of asking them random questions which they tend to guess and doesn't have much value but the game itself has lots of action, challenge and keeps their interest. My son who has progressed to a DS now still likes to help his sister out with this game!

LeapFrog Explorer Game: Disney-Pixar Pals (for LeapPad and Leapster)
LeapFrog Explorer Game: Disney-Pixar Pals (for LeapPad and Leapster)
Price: 18.32

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but there are better games, 9 Dec 2012
This is okay. I thought the 3 different films would give it more variety but the games are quite repetitive and not very engaging. Both my children (5 and 4) were not that interested and much preferred other games. I'd say only buy it its on offer!

LeapFrog Leapster Explorer Gaming System (Green)
LeapFrog Leapster Explorer Gaming System (Green)
Offered by IN THE JUNGLE LTD
Price: 54.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but only for younger children, 9 Dec 2012
I bought two of these last Christmas for my then 3 year old daughter and 5 year old son. A few months later we ended up buying a second hand DS for my son as this wasn't really what he wanted and he got quite bored with the games. My daughter still likes hers especially the camera, mr pencil and pet pals. I would say if you child is under 5 then its probably worth getting and it was the durability more than anything that we were worried about with the DS. This can be dropped and survive! 5 years or above, I don't think this has enough about it and I think Leapfrog should try to design the games to better fit a younger player.

Martin Smith 34 inch 1/2 Size Classical Guitar - Red
Martin Smith 34 inch 1/2 Size Classical Guitar - Red
Price: 34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as I hoped it would be..., 9 Dec 2012
After spending HOURS and DAYS and WEEKS trawling the internet looking for a guitar for my 6 year old son, I finally decided to go with this one. I could only find one other review for this guitar which put me off. My son hasn't seen it yet but I've had it out a few times to keep retuning it while the strings settle down and I have to say that I am very impressed. Each time I get it out the tuning is getting more stable and will be fine once the strings have stretched. The half size will be perfect for him as I hadn't been sure between this and a 3/4 size and I can play it okay too so will last him for a few years. (he's an average sized 6 year old)It makes a lovely sound for a nylon stringed guitar and I am so pleased with my purchase. I'm not a very good guitarist and can only strum basic chords but I do play other instruments so wanted a proper instrument not a toy in case my son does want to learn rather than just play with it which this definitely is. The guitar looks fab (we have red) and the strap and case are also great additions.

Red Hot Recorder Tutor Descant - Teacher
Red Hot Recorder Tutor Descant - Teacher
by Sarah Watts
Price: 9.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy the student copy!, 7 Oct 2009
I couldn't find any information about this book but bought it thinking it would be better than the student copy. It is not. It has the piano accompaniment for each piece but no notes, ideas or even a CD. Very disapointed.