Profile for Megan12 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Mister Darcy's Dogs: A Mister Darcy series comedic mystery
Mister Darcy's Dogs: A Mister Darcy series comedic mystery

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your time, 28 Oct. 2015
This is complete rubbish. Jane Austen's plot has been whittled down, and very little storyline has been added instead. The heroine has been updated, but Mr Darcy talks like a pseudo Regency hero. Not very funny. Neither Barbara Silkstone nor her heroine know much about dogs or dog training, altho the heroine has a doctorate in dog psychology. Badly written

Karlie 57051 Car Boot Ventilation Spacer 12 cm
Karlie 57051 Car Boot Ventilation Spacer 12 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a bargain, 5 Oct. 2015
I bought 3 of these, as I wanted to be able to leave my car doors ajar at dog shows. the boot I leave open. I fit them on the two front doors, and the rear sliding door. It wouldnt be practical to use on both rear doors, as I have to fit them on the sliding door from inside the car, (although I can remove them from outside), and I dont want to climb over on to the front seats to get out after fitting.

They're not as sturdy as the market leader, but they cost a third of the price. I am very happy with the level of security, given that I am using them in populated areas, where I dont envisage anyone whipping out bolt cutters.

Onestoppetshop have been great, the postage automatically reduced when i put more than one in my basket. One arrived faulty (the short end needs to move so you can fit it), and they replaced it without fuss. And when the postman lost that one, they sent another.

PK Green Solar Powered 12V DC Fan with 20W Panel
PK Green Solar Powered 12V DC Fan with 20W Panel
Offered by pkgreen

4.0 out of 5 stars I can't love a solar fan, but this is a good buy, 30 Sept. 2015
I'm pretty pleased with this. When it arrived I had to wire up the solar panel, it was quite hard working out how to open the junction box. The instructions are poor, and dont describe this step. Then the fan didnt work off the solar panel. Customer service was really excellent and sent me a couple of new leads, and problem sorted. Am contemplating buying another.

Kindle Paperwhite Case - ACdream (TM) the thinnest and Lightest PU Leather Cover Case for Kindle Paperwhite with Auto Wake Sleep Function New Fashion Design - fits all Paperwhite generations - Gardenia in blossom
Offered by ACdream EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what i was expecting, 16 Sept. 2015
This cover looks beautiful, and fits my Kindle so well, it is hard to remove it, requiring some serious prying and levering. The magnet closure woks well and puts the kindle to sleep & wakes it up. But I thought the design would be printed on artificial leather, when it is in fact a woven polyester which makes it look like an upmarket notepad, but is probably not as grime proof as I was hoping for. Because of the difficulty in prising it out of the case, I probably don't want a wardrobe of covers for my kindle.So this is a lovely case, just doesn't suit my needs

Kindle Paperwhite E-reader, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers

2.0 out of 5 stars My first e-reader, I think I prefer books, 15 Sept. 2015
I got this with the £20 discount, it's an attractive bit of kit, and the cover I chose is beautiful. And I don't mind the special offers.

It's my first e-reader, and I'm finding it a bit disappointing. i could have done with a bit of paper giving basic instructions on how to turn it on and navigate to the instruction manual loaded on it. The manual goes on and on until you give up through lack of interest. There doesn't seem to be quick links or FAQ. The touch screen seems temperamental, sometimes the pages don't turn, at others several will turn at once.

I had to sign up for a trial of kindle unlimited, as it wouldn't let me past that page using the no, thanks button.When you're flipping through it it's easy to turn on all sorts of unwanted things, such as giving me the definition of criteria, and then you have to find the setting to say you've mastered that word, so it won't give you flashcards. I also seem to have created a collection of unwanted clippings and bookmarks, with no obvious way to delete them.

Trying to connect it to a bt wifi hotspot has gone round in circles, with continually going back to the same boxes to laboriously type user name & password in not quite visible boxes. There doesn't seem to be a facility for the device to remember user name or password for any network.

I bought an e-reader because I didn't want the house to silt up with even more books, and plan on using it for fiction only, when I won't want to cross reference quickly. But I think the reading experience is going to be disappointing. I don't like the way it blinks when you turn the page.Unless I have the font on the very smallest setting, (which I find too small) there isn't enough to read before you are having to turn the page again. Sometimes when you turn the page, the whole page goes black, and the writing white, which is unpleasant. It's quite slow to navigate round, and it's going to be much easier to shop for books on my laptop because of the better visibility,& quicker access to reviews, and then fiddle about trying to get them onto my kindle. I thought the access to wikipedia was a positive, but looking at the greyish font, small touch keyboard, small page & slow response time, I would rather use a laptop.
The technology just doesn't feel very 21st century
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2015 8:48 AM BST

Carshades PV CIBER5B Car Shades
Carshades PV CIBER5B Car Shades

5.0 out of 5 stars Provides all round shade to the back of the car, 15 Sept. 2015
These are exactly tailored to fit the car windows. I got them as a more flexible (as removable) and cheaper option compared to tinting, to provide shade for dogs, which they do. Several people who recommended them said they were the best thing they ever bought. I wouldn't go as far as that, but I am pleased with them, and would probably get them for my next car. The instruction booklet is so dark, it requires a lot of deciphering. They are a bit tricky to fit, you need to be careful if you want them to sit straight. Excellent service from the seller who supplied an extra pack of clips when a couple of mine fell off

20 Easy Classical Uke Pieces For Kids (Mackillop) Ukulele Book/Cd
20 Easy Classical Uke Pieces For Kids (Mackillop) Ukulele Book/Cd
by Various

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure I would buy anything else by Rob MacKillop, 20 Jun. 2015
I'm a bit disappointed in this. It has a nice selection of music, Fur Elise, lullaby, Nobody knows the trouble I've seen, ode to joy, symphony No 40. But it feels like it's been produced on the cheap, & without effort. No lyrics for any of the music, despite suggesting "Kids, you should try & sing them". Very short pieces, it has the same number of titles as Hal Leonard's Easy Songs for ukulele, but is 30 pages instead of 47, for the same printed price. They havent bothered to name the CD or tracks, so it comes up as Unknown CD, with track 1, 2 etc, unlike all the other Uke CDs I have tried so far. The music is shown in standard notation and tabs, with no explanation of any of the symbols, even the less common ones. There are lots of very quick runs of notes, and no suggestion of how to handle these, which fingers to use to either pick or fret with, which given the speed of change would be really useful. And the blurb on the back says that the arranger has laid the foundations for good fingerstyle technique, so the book is educational. It's basically a collection of very short tabs of classics, so you can give it a go fingerstyle. I think there is a danger of learning very bad fingerstyle technique, unless further information or advice is found.

BLUESKY SHINERLAC CHAMELEON THERMAL COLOUR CHANGE UV SOAK OFF NAIL GEL POLISH 10ML BOTTLES(CHOOSE FROM 24 COLOURS) (XTC 10 LOGANBERRY)
Offered by bbbeautylounge

5.0 out of 5 stars the colours are pretty much as shown in the picture, 1 Jun. 2015
I bought XTC 8 and XTC 10, the colours are pretty much as shown in the picture. They have an almost indiscernible amount of gold glitter, which is ok with me, as I didn't really want glitter. It's early summer, so a good time to enjoy the colour change. Quite tempted to get one of the oranges too

BDBikesTM Ultra Lightweight Aluminium Bike Bicycle Ball Pump with Extending Head
Offered by Black Dog Bikes

5.0 out of 5 stars The ipod of bike pumps, really lovely, 1 Jun. 2015
I chose this pump because I wasn't sure what sort of valve my bike had, and it came with a bracket and all fixings, and a lilo and football adaptor, AND I could see a rubber tube extender would be advantageous. It seemed the best choice at the best price for all those criteria.

I didn't really need a slick tiny lightweight aluminium pump; I'm not that kind of cyclist. It is a beautiful piece of kit. It puts my hand me down bike to shame.

Since it doesn't have a locking mechanism, I think it will rattle when you ride over bumps, but if you put it the right way up, I don't think it will extend.

I do think instructions should be included on how to open it to get the tube extender out. I had quite a struggle, as it is stiff and I worried I would break it. I'm glad I worked it out sitting on a sofa, and not by the side of the road in the rain.

Epicure Stuffed Squid in Garlic Sauce 148 g (Pack of 6)
Epicure Stuffed Squid in Garlic Sauce 148 g (Pack of 6)

1.0 out of 5 stars I like squid, and I like tinned squid, 1 Jun. 2015
I like squid, and I like tinned squid. I found these horrid. The squid in both tins I have opened was bright pink, and very soft in texture, as in over cooked. You can't taste any garlic in the garlic sauce. They are described as stuffed; this seems to mean they have another piece of too soft and tasteless squid inside each squid. I am quite tempted to throw the other tins away, but I hate waste. I'm not sure a food bank would appreciate them

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6