Profile for Bedsmum > Reviews

ghd Platinum in Black by ghd
ghd Platinum in Black by ghd
Offered by Hair Orders

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid. Faults and not all that good., 1 Jun. 2016
'Treated' myself to this GHD Platinum styler last September and it stopped working in about one week (red flashing light). GHD customer service was truly awful and slow and despite me saying I wanted my money back they sent me another one. I didn't want any more inconvenience in arguing with them or the hassle of sending it back so I kept it. Now, 9 months later and the second styler is doing the same thing - red flashing light and not working. More hassle sending it back to wait for it to be fixed. Not to mention I was on holiday when the red light started up without a backup pair - very annoying. Good job I kept my old Remingtons straighteners as a back up and in fact using them this morning reminded me how poor the GHD styler is. Interestingly a few months after using the GHDs, my hairdresser commented on how dry my hair was (I'd noticed this too) and I'm now having intensive conditioners done at every salon visit. So much for the GHD Platinum being kinder to your hair. It's also difficult to put down so it's not lying on its side due to the annoyingly loose swivel cord, and it doesn't have a temperature choice so is kind of basic when you think about it. When I get the repaired GHDs back again I think I'll keep it as the spare. What a waste of all that money.

Luxury 3ft Single Size Mattress
Luxury 3ft Single Size Mattress
Offered by Happy Beds

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, great product, great price!, 22 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Luxury 3ft Single Size Mattress
Delightful service. Mattress ordered late on Wednesday evening with a little note in the comments box that I'd be so grateful if it could be delivered that Friday, but I'd understand if not (we'd found loads of mould growing on the bottom of my youngest child's mattress and I desperately needed a replacement). I had a response from Happy Beds before 9am the following morning, followed later by a dispatch note to say my order was on it's way for delivery on the following day, the Friday. An excellent product too, great price for a really good quality mattress. My four year old has slept soundly on it. Really pleased. Thank you.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 27 May 2015
Already have a hole in, my six year old has worn them maybe 3 times!!!

Maxima Fitness MF-2000-ProFX-P Auto Incline Folding Treadmill (Home Use) - Grey/Black, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Great great purchase., 15 Sept. 2014
After reading the rave reviews for this treadmill, I decided to go for it and order one for myself. I've been running for about a year and am up to 10k runs, but wanted something for dark nights when I don't feel safe running outside alone to keep my fitness up over the winter months. This treadmill is brilliant, it's very easy to set up and very easy to use. The weights on the sides and easy to reach water bottle are bonuses. The treadmill comes with a training guide with 48 programmes - some for beginners and some for more experienced runners, or you can do your own training. The speed increases/decreases and the incline changes are easy to operate while running and happen quite seamlessly. The treadmill is heavy, so it's a good idea to choose a permanent place for it rather than attempt to move it around a lot, but the folded position takes up relatively little floor space and it's very easy to fold/unfold. Even my husband, a non-runner, is impressed and despite only owning this treadmill for a few weeks he has already had a few goes running on it, and he plans to 'go for a walk' on it today. Definitely a great purchase. Maxima are also a very helpful, friendly company - the person delivering was lovely, and I had a follow up call a few weeks after the purchase to check I'd been able to set it up and to see if I needed any help or advice.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover
Offered by Curated-UK Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but keep the hoovering for afterwards!!, 14 May 2014
I received this product for free as a Bzz agent to trial. I don't know if my feet were in a right old state but my goodness the mess that followed using this for the first time. As per the title, I would keep the hovering for afterwards if you haven't had a pedicure for a while!

That said, my feet are now looking great, much much better than they were before and so I'm delighted with this product and would definitely have bought it had I known how good the results would be. It's quick and easy to use and the results are brilliant.

Yale Locks HSA6010 Alarm Accessory - Door and Window Contact
Yale Locks HSA6010 Alarm Accessory - Door and Window Contact
Offered by DJM Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy, 27 Jan. 2014
Easy to fit, easy to sync with our older Yale system, and a much neater piece of equipment than the older door contact it replaced. Can't fault it.

Yesterday's Gone: Season One
Yesterday's Gone: Season One

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the idea, 27 Jan. 2014
I love the idea of a series like this, and I do like a cliff hanger! The writing is excellent and the story so far (season 1) is great, but I do think there are too many characters with separate storylines running alongside each other. Having read season 1 in several sittings (young children, very little spare time!) I started to get the serial killer and the other bad guy mixed up, in fact at one point I thought they were just one person! That could just be because I read in 5 minute bursts though! I will be buying season 2, none the less!

LEGO City Policeman Minifigure Clock
LEGO City Policeman Minifigure Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 year old loves it!, 25 Sept. 2013
We bought this lego clock as the next step on from a Gro clock, and it's been great! The digits are nice and big, it's easy to explain that he can get up when the big number is '6', and if you press down on the lego man's hat the display lights up a nice blue colour. Not to mention it looks good. We love it!

Aladdin Aveo Water Bottle - 0.6 L, Coral
Aladdin Aveo Water Bottle - 0.6 L, Coral

1.0 out of 5 stars Smelly, 25 Sept. 2013
The description claims that this bottle is smell resistant, yet despite thorough cleaning, whenever I go to drink from it I get an unpleasant whiff of something from inside the bottle... so bad that I can't bear to drink from it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 29, 2016 8:15 PM GMT

Nextbase NB49AM / SDV49AM Twin Screen 9-inch Portable DVD Player with Car Kit and Integrated Battery

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but query whether it was 'new', 22 July 2013
I bought one of these last week for us to use on our first long car journey with our two sons age 2 and 4. It works well, good picture and sound, seems very good quality. I would say though that for those like us with cars with quite narrow front headrests, a bit of problem solving is needed to get the straps secured safely. Also, with just two pieces of Velcro holding the actual screens in place, I am worried that if I brake hard or we are in an accident, they will fly out and hit the children - I'm currently trying to think of a solution to that particular problem. What I wasn't happy about, however, was that the box we were sent had certainly been opened, and the contents felt 'rifled through'. The protective covers on the screens had been peeled back and put back on both screens, the headrest attachment bag had been opened and resealed and the instructions were badly jammed in down the side of the box. I think if you are reselling an item, the least that should be done is to make it look new when someone is buying a 'new' item - not impressed on that aspect at all. If I'd had time to do so before I needed it, I would have sent it back and asked for a replacement.

Page: 1 | 2