Profile for Catherine > Reviews

Content by Catherine

Catherine

Out of Africa (Penguin Modern Classics)
Out of Africa (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Karen Blixen
Price: 6.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written but a challenging read, 10 Nov 2013
I bought this having been a fan of the film since it first came out and having watched it again recently. Although the book doesn't have a chronological narrative, being more a collection of episodes, the prose is beautiful and poetic and the film adaptation embodies this. The main challenge with the book, however, is the small and rather poor quality type, which makes reading and engaging with the text more of a struggle than it should be. I am going to persevere though!

Designafriend Doll - Chloe (9087361)
Designafriend Doll - Chloe (9087361)

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 10 Nov 2013
My daughter was saving up for this particular doll from Argos, but by the time she had got the money together it had sold out n every local store and on-line. Many of the same dolls available on Amazon and ebay were very over priced and seem to be cashing in on the popularity of the brand. However, this one was reasonably priced compared to the original Argos price and P&P was not excessive. It arrived promptly and was carefully packaged and delivered. My daughter was so pleased. Thank you !

Treasure Island (BBC Audio)
Treasure Island (BBC Audio)
by Robert Louis Stevenson
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 7.14

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this!, 10 Nov 2013
I bought this for my 8 year sold son who had developed and interest in the story line but isn't ready to tackled the whole book. He really likes the fact that it is not just another story tape. It has a full cast recording and great music and sound effects. We would both recommend it.

SQ Professional Ltd Bread bin with tea, coffee and sugar canisters - green
SQ Professional Ltd Bread bin with tea, coffee and sugar canisters - green

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and colour, 10 Nov 2013
I chose this product for both function and colour. The colour is exactly as shown (sometimes colours can be disappointing when products are purchased on line) The closings on both the bread bin and cannisters are also good, keeping the contents fresher/better than similar items I've used previously.

Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition (Piano & Orchestral versions)
Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition (Piano & Orchestral versions)
Price: 8.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 10 Nov 2013
I really liked this recording, especially the choice of original solo piano or full orchestration.for all pieces, and would recommend it to fans of this composer.

I used it for a graduation ceremony and was really pleased that it both arrived on time and was of good enough quality to be played in a large venue.