Profile for Pam Page > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Corsican Caper
The Corsican Caper
by Peter Mayle

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Peter Mayle book to add to my collection., 16 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Corsican Caper (Hardcover)
The paperback book was in good order, arrived in good time and was an enjoyable read.

Lord Hatherton's Penny
Lord Hatherton's Penny

5.0 out of 5 stars Those who lived and worked in the Potteries industry of the early 20th century., 24 Sept. 2015
This is a tale of a time when wives were expected to follow a certain pattern, whilst business men husbands seemed unaware of the changing times. The unexpected twist to this story is how a somewhat dowdy wife found her own passion whilst her only daughter followed a different path for a career. The whole background will be familiar to those who have lived in the Potteries area of the Midlands where the smoke and grime from the highly successful pottery industries polluted the air and working conditions - as did many industries of the late 1800's and early 1900's.A touch of the politics of the time, also colours the expectations of the characters. A really good read.

Ten Sixty-Six and All That
Ten Sixty-Six and All That
by R. J.; Sellar, Walter C. Yeatman

5.0 out of 5 stars The copy I bought was beautiful - so well illustrated, 22 Aug. 2015
This book is an 'old' skit on some of the history which we already know. A book for lovers of English history and Monty Python-type humour. The copy I bought was beautiful - so well illustrated.
It was bought as a gift for a birthday, so I read some of it myself. Some of the humour goes over my head, but the book itself will be a delight to own. I enjoyed it immensely.

Confluence
Confluence

4.0 out of 5 stars They decide that communal living sounds much better than the 'rat race' in which they are well ..., 22 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Confluence (Kindle Edition)
This book could well appeal to the 'yuppy' generation, as it describes the thoughts of some one-time ambitious people. They decide that communal living sounds much better than the 'rat race' in which they are well paid, but bored. There is humour, and pathos as the main character, Desmond, realises that he's lost his Mum and decides to keep her with him later. Just read it for yourself and find out how.

The Chronicles of Downton Abbey: A New Era
The Chronicles of Downton Abbey: A New Era
by Jessica Fellowes

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Sept. 2014
Beautiful book, many photographs. Well worth reading.

Tombo P13e Pitch Pipe ( Chromatic )
Tombo P13e Pitch Pipe ( Chromatic )
Offered by Northern Music Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Pitch pipe on "E", 11 Jan. 2014
I conduct a singing group without any accompaniement. But what I didn't realise when ordering this pitch pipe was that it did not provide the middle "C" note. The "C" on the pipe was an octave above, which made it difficult for me to be accurate in placing the correct pitch for any songs starting on middle "C". But this neat pipe, in its own little pouch, was delightful otherwise.

Logitech Z120 Stereo Speakers
Logitech Z120 Stereo Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Stereo speakers for my laptop, 11 Jan. 2014
The speakers arrived in very good time and were just suitable for my laptop as I have not used speakers before. Attractive pair of speakers, not taking up too much room on my table. I knew that they were not the most powerful speakers, but serve their purpose for me. I was pleased that I was not charged postage for this product. A very satisfactory transaction.

Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official)
Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official)
by Julian Fellowes

5.0 out of 5 stars The Script/Book arrived on time, 29 Nov. 2013
Fascinating to read the words in conjuction with the original DVD. I really enjoyed these scripts by Julian Fellowes - he is a 'jewel' of a 'fellow'!

My Fair Lady
My Fair Lady

5.0 out of 5 stars Music from My Fair Lady, 20 Aug. 2013
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
Excellent copy of this all time great musical, with Julie Andrews and Rex Harrison. Love to listen and sing along with all the memorable songs.

Buckingham Palace Blues (An Inspector Carlyle Novel)
Buckingham Palace Blues (An Inspector Carlyle Novel)

2.0 out of 5 stars Read the book, 15 Jun. 2013
It was a shame that I did not enjoy this book. But until you've read any book you can't know whether or not to recobmend it

Page: 1 | 2