Profile for Ana > Reviews

Ana (UK)

Premier Housewares Floor Standing Coat Stand - White - 184 cm
Premier Housewares Floor Standing Coat Stand - White - 184 cm

1.0 out of 5 stars Shabby but chic, 7 Aug. 2014
It is very flimsy and has already broken. it looks good but appears to be for decoration purposes only rather than being sturdy enough for it's proper use.

Kraft Macaroni Cheese Smaller Pack 206 g (Pack of 5)
Kraft Macaroni Cheese Smaller Pack 206 g (Pack of 5)
Offered by Sweets From The USA

5.0 out of 5 stars For my American Fiance, 12 April 2014
I bought this when my other half is feeling homesick and it does the job. Who knew that pasta coated in a suspicious orange powder with milk and a generous portion of your annual butter ration could be soooooo comforting. A few cut up hot dogs or bacon and hes the happiest man in the world. Nothing like homemade mac n cheese but if you want that dont buy it from a box and learn to cook!

The Modern Law of Evidence
The Modern Law of Evidence
by Adrian Keane

5.0 out of 5 stars Text for teaching, 12 April 2014
I need this book for teaching introduction to evidence and opinion evidence. Chapters are very well organised and user friendly. There are useful points to consider at the beginning of every chapter which can be modified into essay questions. Excellent up to date cases. I've bought this in conjunction with other texts.

Beautify Professional Small Silver Rose Aluminium Beauty Cosmetics & Make Up Case
Offered by eSecure

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 April 2014
I needed this to organise my makeup. It is smart, stylish and excellent quality. It holds most of my makeup and brushes. I am very pleased I bought this item.

Clarks Neeve Ella GTX Combat Boots Womens  - Black (5 UK)
Clarks Neeve Ella GTX Combat Boots Womens - Black (5 UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 31 Oct. 2013
I bought these boot because I live in a rural area and I have to walk a long way to get to work. I thought about getting a pair of hunters wellies but I read all the bad reviews about how badly they are made. I have a professional job and appearances count. In the recent bad weather I have relied on these boots and they have been perfect. Well made, stylish and truly waterproof. I can wear over jeans and with dresses. I'm thinking of getting the brown pair :)

Death of a Murderer
Death of a Murderer
by Rupert Thomson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not thrilling, 12 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Death of a Murderer (Paperback)
Unfortunately I didn't experience the chills or the thrills that some readers experienced. I agree that Death of a Murderer is vivid and unusual but it left me without any real feelings towards any of the characters. Not only did I find the plot mundane and painfully predictable, but to me areas were simply a rehash of the biography with glimpses of a plot around it. The lack of calling the murderer by name at initially seemed a poignant move but that was exactly the problem, you notice it straight a way. As the plot progresses the edition of the name just seemed a little immature and forced in places. No doubt some people will regard this a a phenomenal literary device but I found it completely unsubtle. It would have been great to only realise it upon reflection.

That said, I loved the concept of guarding the body of a child-killer and perhaps my expectations were too high. Having some experience of mortuaries, I was impressed how Thomson captured the atmosphere without falling back on the Hollywood cliche. If you are drawn to the book because of the 'notorious child-killer' then read 'The Lost Boy' by Duncan staff is far more chilling and involving. Anyway give it a go, you might get on with it.