Profile for toby > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Little Shop of Hopes and Dreams
The Little Shop of Hopes and Dreams

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow start, 25 Dec 2014
I struggled to buy into this story initially, it felt a bit weak and flaky but I always try to finish a book once started. In this instance I am glad I did as the storyline,whilst predictable, did manage to hold my attention to the end.

Paddington: The Story of the Movie (Paddington movie)
Paddington: The Story of the Movie (Paddington movie)

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone loves Paddington, 19 Dec 2014
I bought the book following my visit to see the movie as I felt it would be one book I would want to 're-visit time and again. I will also be buying the DVD! I was brought up on Paddington stories and this one does not disappoint.

La Petite Maison à Noël: The Christmas Cottage
La Petite Maison à Noël: The Christmas Cottage

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely christmas story, 10 Dec 2014
This is the third book I have read by Patricia Dixon (all linked by the French element). Like the other two this did not disappoint in fact I find myself unable to put it down, although I am getting good at predicting what is going to happen!
Hope there are more books to come as I am beginning to feel like part of the french fantasy myself!

Do They Know It's Christmas? (2014)
Do They Know It's Christmas? (2014)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 Nov 2014
not quite as good as the original but a good effort

Heal Your Body
Heal Your Body

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 7 Nov 2014
This review is from: Heal Your Body (Kindle Edition)
Complete waste of money as on a 7" screen you cannot read a large part of the book as the text goes beyond the margin. If you want this book buy the hard copy.

Trois Mères: Three Mothers
Trois Mères: Three Mothers

5.0 out of 5 stars Very talented author, 3 Nov 2014
I came across Patricia's two books by scrolling through the Kindle store. I had never heard of her but am so so glad I selected both books!
Patricia has a knack of describing everything in great detail without being boring or losing the interest of the reader. Whilst some parts are predictable the path she takes to get there are full of intrigue and keep the reader fully absorb. I hope the story of Rosie and family continues as I for one cannot wait for the next book.

À bientôt
À bientôt

4.0 out of 5 stars Very readable book, 24 Oct 2014
This review is from: À bientôt (Kindle Edition)
Good story line if somewhat predictable.

Cannot believe one person can achieve so much in such a short space of time! The main character (Anna) is almost too good to be true.

I deducted one star for the fact that there were so many grammatical errors in the text.

Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop
Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 16 Oct 2014
A fairly predictable story, not an edge of your seat read by any means. Ideal holiday read for those who are looking for a "happy ever after" story.

First4Spares Micro Fibre Hardfloor Cleaning Cloths Pads For Morphy Richards 70465 & 720501 Steam Cleaners
Offered by L.M Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 1 Aug 2014
Product looks just as good as the ones that came with the machine, although I have not used them yet, at a fraction of the price. Good value!

MOFRED® Black Capacitive Stylus Pen for Kindle Fire HD Tablet / HDX Tablet
MOFRED® Black Capacitive Stylus Pen for Kindle Fire HD Tablet / HDX Tablet
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 10 July 2014
Did not last long as the end came loose - waste of money (now use my finger!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3