ARRAY(0xabf2b3cc)

Profile for J. Mckay > Reviews

Content by J. Mckay

J. Mckay "jennysmum" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Kick Start (Dangerous Ground 5)
Kick Start (Dangerous Ground 5)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Boys are Back, 4 Dec 2013
Kick Start is a great next episode in the series.
It is less action based as it deals more with the relationship between Will and Taylor and their families as they get their own business up and running. The action within the plot feels simpler than the political intrigues of their DSS days but no less fun, Will and Tay are unique.
The dialogue is as sharp and funny as we expect from Mr Lanyon. This book very much sets us up for the rest of the series.
Definitely worth the wait, can we have the next one now please?

The Lost Prince (A Midwinter Prince)
The Lost Prince (A Midwinter Prince)
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful sequel, 1 Nov 2013
No synopsis, I can't do the book justice!
My love for A Midwinter Prince is huge and I was almost afraid to read The Lost Prince incase it didn't live up to AMP. It did.
Every word is perfect. As ever Harper builds an amazing sense of place and setting. The emotions that Sasha and Laurie go through are honest and harsh. For the first time in a long time I had to put a book down because I was crying too hard to read it.
Brilliant from start to finish.

The Parting Glass (In a Dark Wood)
The Parting Glass (In a Dark Wood)
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant sequel, 1 Oct 2013
I love In A Dark Wood and I have to admit I was slightly anxious that The Parting Glass wouldn't live up to it. I needn't have worried I was not disappointed!!

The Parting Glass takes up 3 years from where the first book ends. Tim and Luke are not together when they bump into each other unexpectedly. Their emotions, joy, anger, confusion, lust and love are palpable. The unfolding story has humour, tension and at times I wanted to slap both guys.
I'm not going to spoil the book, but Josh has painted an amazing picture of an addict, justifying his actions, trying to change, accepting that he must change and take responsibility.
Fantastic from the first word to the last.

Junk
Junk
Price: 2.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: Junk (Kindle Edition)
A beautiful book. Slightly worried just how much of my own biblioholism I recognise in Jasper! Wonderful characters, believable and likeable. And a lovely gently flowing story. And all written in Josephine Myles's wonderful British quirky style.

Shane
Shane

1.0 out of 5 stars Stolen work, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Shane (Kindle Edition)
This book has beeen stolen from another author, word for word, even the dedication is plagiarised.
If you like the sound of the book (the original is excellent) is it Aaron by J. P. Barnaby.
PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK.

Blood Red Butterfly
Blood Red Butterfly
Price: 2.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back Josh - a triumph., 19 Feb 2013
This is Josh Lanyon at his best.
A well written novella, great characters, realistic motivations, scenery you can see and smell and a great plot.

Homicide Detective Ryo Miller is trying to solve a murder he is sure was committed by Mickey Torres. Keeping Ryo from success is Torres' apparently unbreakable alibi provided by Mickey's fascinating and sexy sometime lover, manga artist Kai Tashiro.

I thought Blood Red Butterfly was an excellent read, I don't think anyone will regret buying this book.

Half Moon Chambers
Half Moon Chambers
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent read, 13 Nov 2012
I'm not going to do a summary, others do it far better than I could.
This is another superb novel from an excellent british writer. The protagonists are all well drawn and real, the situations are 90% plausible and the story moves logically.
I found myself caring very much for 2 lead characters, and their relationship, the book moved me to tears.
The locations are all so well drawn, I'd like to go to Newcastle and explore how many of the places are real and how many fictional.
Definitely a keeper and one that will stand many rereads :-)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful gift, 30 Oct 2012
I received this as an unexpected gift from a wonderful friend. The gift was beautifully wrapped in gold paper, then in a lovely silver box with a organzy ribbom. Truly beautifully presented.

The angel inside is beautiful too, catches the light and casts prisms. Such a lovely thing to receive. I love it.

Thank you.

Armed and Dangerous: Four Dangerous Ground Novellas: 1
Armed and Dangerous: Four Dangerous Ground Novellas: 1
by Josh Lanyon
Price: 10.02

5.0 out of 5 stars At last in paperback, 2 Sep 2012
Although I have the Dangerous Ground books as ebooks, it is wonderful to have then in paperback. I love mt reader, but there is just something special about the smell of a new paper book.

As with all of Josh Lanyon's books, the characters are realistically shown, the adventure is satisfying and the progression is logical and plausible.

Although each of the four books is complete in itself, having all four together is a real treat.

Its not cheap, but you get real value for money with these stories, well worth every penny.

Perfect Day
Perfect Day
Price: 1.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect short story, 1 Jun 2012
This review is from: Perfect Day (Kindle Edition)
A wonderful short story from Josh Lanyon.

Its only 28 pages but every word is perfect. You almost feel as if you are either Graham or Wyatt, their emotions are so well drawn. There is more realistic emotion in these 28 pages than many authors put in a whole novel.

A lovely way to relax at the end of the day.

Page: 1 | 2