Profile for mageye > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Desktop Switch
TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Desktop Switch

4.0 out of 5 stars No real complaints., 12 Dec 2014
I have had no problems with this switch at all. I can't really compare it to others because I have only used older, slower ones. I measured speeds on it and was getting reasonable speeds (as expected), so I am reasonably happy with it. It still works and all is good.

Startech USB 2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet NIC Network Adapter
Startech USB 2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet NIC Network Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightning (nearly!), 12 Dec 2014
Top notch. Works with OSX and includes a driver disk. It is as good as lightening speed, baring in mind that it cannot work at 1Gb/s speed, as that's impossible over USB 2 standard.

DSTE BG-E6 BGE6 Multi-Power Battery Grip for Canon EOS 5D Mark II 5D2 + Wireless Remote Control + 2pcs LP-E6 Li-ion Battery
Offered by DSTE

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money!, 23 Sep 2014
I was very pleased with this. A good price and it was to replace a similar grip where the thread, for the tripod mount, had become damaged.

So it was cheap and cheerful replacement. More importantly though, was the fact that the batteries are 2600mah. That was important to me because I was fed up with the batteries running out so often.

On a full charge I get a considerably extended usage from the two 2600mah batteries. They do take a little longer to charge, but usually I would charge them over night. This deal really does represent good value for money.

ORICO SuperSpeed 5.0Gbps USB 3.0 2 - Ports PCI - Express Card , Mini PCI - E USB 3.0 HUB Controller Adapter , Black PCI Edition For PC / Windows Linux 2 Port Outside & USB 3.0 20 PIN inside
Offered by ORICO Technologies Co.,Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm sure it will be fine!, 23 Sep 2014
To be honest, I have no idea if it works because I haven't tried it yet!

I have a feeling it does work and if I do have any problems with it - I will be the first to let you know!

DSTE Professional BG-E9 BGE9 Battery Grip Holder for Canon EOS 60D SLR Digital Camera + Wireless Remote Control + 2pcs LP-E6 Li-ion Battery
Offered by DSTE

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy! (for now at least), 17 July 2014
I'm happy, apart from, I would prefer the infra red sensor to be on the back, rather than the front. But, other than that, it's fine.

X-Rite ColorChecker Passport
X-Rite ColorChecker Passport

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as expected, but a little fragile!, 30 May 2014
I believe the package is very good with the software to make the custom profiles. I am pretty sure about the accuracy of colours (not that I am, by any means, an expert).

My only complaint is about the 'plasticy' nature of the passport. I think it's fairly easy to carry and pack in this format but when it comes to opening the passport it can be a little stiff. One day I tried opening it my fingers slipped onto the actual colour pads and my finger nails scraped one of them ruining the surface. They are not hard wearing and I am hoping that the little scratch I made has not effected the accuracy of the colours.

I had already read about this in other reviews and still managed to do this by accident. All I will say is that: if you do use this, then please use it with care, because it's not really built for all weathers!

Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse - Red
Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars It's one of the best little mice I have ever owned!, 2 Mar 2014
First of all it is wireless. It's reasonably stylish. It's not too small; neither too big. It's ergonomic. It's well designed with a little ON/OFF switch and a little storage compartment for the dongle when in transit. It's plug and play (as it should be!). I have been using it for a few weeks now and I have no complaints about it at all.

Oh and of course there is another important (deciding) factor here too: - It's pretty reasonably priced!

Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Graphics Card (2GB GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, VGA)

4.0 out of 5 stars I am pleased with this card, 2 Jan 2014
I bought this card so I could run DaVinci Resolve Lite on my hackintosh. It is not the very fastest card on the market but I am not really requiring speed so much as the ability to just function and run the software that I need to run. It has an nVidia chipset (obviously), and that is what I required. 2GB of memory is sufficient for my needs and things generally run smooth. I haven't really played on any 3D games recently but I know my previous, less powerful, GTX210 1GB was reasonably capable of running 'reasonably well' with some of the modern 3D games.

From what I have seen so far; I think that it would be 'reasonably capable' when it comes to 3D games. I wouldn't really expect something like Battlefield 4 or 3 (or whatever it's at now?) to be performing at top rates but it's not really designed for that at this budget range.

Extreme Rechargeable PP3 9v 280 mAh Ni-Mh 1 per pack
Extreme Rechargeable PP3 9v 280 mAh Ni-Mh 1 per pack
Offered by Battery Vault UK

4.0 out of 5 stars These batteries are fine, 2 Jan 2014
I have used them for some time now and they are fine especially when compared to the usefulness of alkaline batteries (which should be banished).

Corsair CMX16GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1333 Mhz CL9 Performance Desktop Memory Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars I am pleased with these memory modules, 2 Jan 2014
What more can I say? The memory has worked fine and I am happy that I have the maximum amount that I can get in my machine. If it was down to me and my hardware allowed it I would keep adding more memory.

I find it difficult to compare between brands when it comes to memory. I haven't really tried enough different types with my hardware. But it certainly seems fine to me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4