Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "bluedreamer" (nairnshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Hora Child's Small Zither Cymbala
Hora Child's Small Zither Cymbala

3.0 out of 5 stars beautiful but difficult, 3 Mar 2014
A well-made instrument with a beautiful sound: clear, bright and euphonious: but an absolute b****r to tune - and keep in tune. You need a mother with perfect pitch! And the tuning tool is utterly inadequate.

DIGISTOR 25GB 6X Blu-ray Disc Recordable BD-R Blank Media (25 pack)
DIGISTOR 25GB 6X Blu-ray Disc Recordable BD-R Blank Media (25 pack)
Offered by DIGISTOR Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars a viable alternative to excessively expensive brands, 3 Mar 2014
Having watched the price of Panasonic discs become astronomical (and unavailable), I found that Digistor discs have performed just as well. I have experienced no greater a percentage of failure than with the Panasonic discs.
I am keen to find out why I can get an extra 3 hours' extra recording time with the BBC4 HD broadcasts!

Ferrari: All the Cars: Every Ferrari Ever Made Described and Illustrated
Ferrari: All the Cars: Every Ferrari Ever Made Described and Illustrated
by Leonardo Acerbi

5.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful book to go with a beautiful game, 3 Mar 2014
The best XBOX driving experience I have had is TEST DRIVE - FERRARI RACING LEGENDS (with the steering wheel & pedals). This is the best car book I have ever seen! Put the two together with the fabulous (quality not altogether dependent on price) 1/43 models, and what you get is total immersion in the ultimate car fantasy that is Ferrari. I cannot think of a better way to get inside a subject of such interest, if owning the real thing is something for which you could save up your pocket-money for a century and never hope to realise!
In an ideal world, I would have preferred a more visually technical approach - but the artwork in this book is superb - highly accurate, it captures the glamour and beauty of the machinery superbly. It gives a real feel for what Ferrari is all about. The text is informative and engrossing.

Live In Tokyo [Blu-ray] [2013]
Live In Tokyo [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Sheehan, Macalpine, Sherinian. Portnoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Four - with bells on!, 3 Mar 2014
What a mind-blowing blaster of a set this is: absolutely brilliant to see (and hear) how much these excellent and iconic musicians have developed and matured over the years. This has to be the latest and best of the much-hyped "supergroup" genre. Going from their previous careers, this is like moving from big, clunky US muscle cars to European thoroughbreds (the extreme and sonically luscious - and very, very scary - thrill of the music gives me that sort of experience!).
The bluray is fabulous: visually it has all the shock of suddenly being on stage, inches from the performers. The audio is not easy to access - I had to experiment, and take notes (which is typical of often poorly though-out audio set-ups). On my Panasonic, I have to choose DTS from the audio menu, then press stop, then Direct Navigation. Bizarre! But once accessed, the sound is stunning.

Linens Limited 100% Egyptian Cotton 200 Thread Count Flat Sheet, White, Double
Linens Limited 100% Egyptian Cotton 200 Thread Count Flat Sheet, White, Double
Offered by Linens Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars proper cotton sheets for sensitive skin, 3 Mar 2014
I have spent several years trying to find sheets suitable for my very sensitive skin. On the way, I learned that manufacture of the 400 count and up has moved overseas, and involves a different weave: one which seems to be more suitable for yacht sails than anything to lie on! So, I returned to the lower thread count - as this has served me well, sheets of 200 count have lasted for nearly 2 decades, and been completely comfortable. The only problem with these sheets is that they crumple in the wash, and require ironing. I expect this extra workload will ease as the material wears in.

The Mammoth Book of Mindblowing SF (Mammoth Books)
The Mammoth Book of Mindblowing SF (Mammoth Books)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent collection, 3 Mar 2014
This is a better than average compilation of well-written SF stories. In fact, it is probably the best collection I've seen for a long time. Even after 50 years of immersion in the paperback niche of the genre, I have seen few of these before.

Del Prado Ferrari Collection 1:43 Scale Ferrari 125 S In Red Die Cast Model Car
Del Prado Ferrari Collection 1:43 Scale Ferrari 125 S In Red Die Cast Model Car

4.0 out of 5 stars surprising detail for the price, 18 Jan 2014
i was pleasantly surprised by the accuracy of the detail in this budget model - especially the dashboard. The wheels are obviously as to be expected, but not too bad. Altogether a very good representation.

Forza Horizon (Xbox 360)
Forza Horizon (Xbox 360)
Offered by Discount Warehouse UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Forza 4's cute little sister, 27 Dec 2013
Since Grid 2 dumped the cockpit view and joined the thrice-cursed minority-consumer-exclusion brigade, ruining the hopes I'd had for 6 years, I've been looking at other driving games with my chosen viewpoint. Not that many! TEST DRIVE:FERRARI LEGENDS is a must for Ferrari fans, and a great amalgamation of all my favourite driving games since SEGA. HORIZON cost me £20 to buy, and £60 in add-ons - without which the game is minimally attractive. As it stands in its complete form, it is a great game - the night driving is as atmospheric as TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED, but with the drive-ability of FORZA. The handling variation is very nice, and the cockpit viewpoint just puts driving up to another level of delight and immersion. Like FORZA, the temptation to tart up the cars and make them street-illegal is overwhelming!
As FORZA 5 dropped the Nordschleife, I have decided not to bother with XBOX ONE.
As always, if anyone can recommend a replacement system for my ancient XBOX wheel I'd be grateful.

Celebration Day [2CD+Blu-ray--Blu-ray Case] [EU-only] [2012]
Celebration Day [2CD+Blu-ray--Blu-ray Case] [EU-only] [2012]
Dvd ~ Led Zeppelin

5.0 out of 5 stars Concert of the Decade, 27 Dec 2013
Buy this to see just how good Jason is. The best drumming style of Rock is safe in the hands of an amazing talent. As for the rest of the band - here is proof that musicians get better as they get older: just watch in awe as the best-ever version of Kashmir melts your hi-fi!

Performing This Week - Live At Ronnie Scott'S [BLU-RAY DVD] [2009]
Performing This Week - Live At Ronnie Scott'S [BLU-RAY DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Jeff Beck

5.0 out of 5 stars supreme performances - biased audio mix, 27 Dec 2013
What would I do without bluray? These guys are fantastic - I wish I'd been there. The audio mix doesn't quite get it - the bass is almost mixed out, especially on the Master Audio option: if I were Tal Wilkenfeld, I'd be very upset. If I were Jeff Beck, I'd demand a remix. This disc gets 5 stars only because I require 6 to fully express both my delight and my annoyance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6