Profile for FunkyMonkey > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Very Best Of Mrs Mills
The Very Best Of Mrs Mills

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic English Pub Knees-up Music!, 24 Nov 2013
I bought this CD for my Mum, but I must admit I ended up dancing round the room to it myself. (With the curtains closed to avoid alarming the neighbours!) Good cheesy corny old-fashioned fun.

YOU ARE TOO BEAUTIFUL
YOU ARE TOO BEAUTIFUL

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mainstream piano trio, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: YOU ARE TOO BEAUTIFUL (Audio CD)
Classic piano bass and drums trio in a style reminiscent of Oscar Peterson and George Shearing. Some of the sleeve notes are in Japanese, but the music still sounds just as good!

Casio Unisex Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Black Resin Strap MQ24/7B

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the price!, 26 Feb 2013
A nice, simple no nonsense watch that is very good value. I bought this for work, and since I work outdoors I was pleased to find it is water resistant. ( Probably not water proof, more likely splash proof, but thats fine by me.) The strap is a bit short, (I have it on the last hole right at the end of the strap), but then I do have a large wrist so should be OK for most men, and certainly fine for boys. The dial is very clear, with a very white face and easy to read black numerals. Very pleased with it.

Walk! The Isle of Wight (2nd edition)
Walk! The Isle of Wight (2nd edition)
by Martin Simons

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and readable., 26 Feb 2013
I havent tried this book out in the field yet, since I got it for a future holiday that we are planning for the summer, but flicking through it I'm impressed by it's contents and style. 40 walks from 5 to 11 miles long of varying degree of difficulty, with details of ascent/descent, refreshments en route etc, even GPS details for tech savvy walkers ( and maps for us old fashioned types!)

Men's Brown Cap Style Hard Peak Trapper Hat Studded Fleecy Fold Down Ear Trim
Men's Brown Cap Style Hard Peak Trapper Hat Studded Fleecy Fold Down Ear Trim
Offered by XS-Stock Com Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps your head warm, but not too hot!, 26 Feb 2013
I like this hat because it keeps me warm without making me too hot. Some other winter hats I've tried make me too hot and then I have to take them off, which defeats the purpose, but I can keep this one on all day when working outdoors or walking no worries. The ear flaps can be held up by press studs or worn down over the ears Canadian Trapper style. The hat is lined but not padded, so is warm but not hot. Mine is size Large/Extra large and fits my big head fine!

Designer Style Retro Reading Glasses, Gloss Black and Silver Frame +1.50, Inc Slip In Case
Offered by EYEWEAR WORLD

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price., 26 Feb 2013
Comfortable frames, fine for reading for long periods of time. Lenses work well. Good quality for the price, even though they are only plastic.

SEKONDA GENTS BROWN DIAL EASY READ BROWN LEATHER STRAP WATCH WITH DATE COUNTER & 50 METERS WATER RESISTANT - 3882 -
Offered by Discount Watches UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks expensive, but doesn't cost a fortune!, 26 Feb 2013
This watch looks as if it should cost a lot more than it does. I remember Sekonda's slogan used to be "why accept expensive imitations?", and I couldn't put it better myself. I originally chose this watch to be for work (I'm a manual worker), but when it arrived I decided it was too good for work, so I keep it for going out socially, and I've bought a cheap and cheerful one for work! Very impressed.

The Lyric
The Lyric

5.0 out of 5 stars Good easy listening mainstream dinner jazz!, 21 April 2012
This review is from: The Lyric (Audio CD)
Brilliant CD, especially good for laid back evening listening. Mellow and sweet, very relaxing. Its great that theres a younger generation of singers who are carrying on the tradition of good quality music. Jim Tomlinson's saxophone complements his wife's singing beautifully, and his solos are a joy to listen to in their own right.

BT Graphite 2500 Single DECT Digital Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Features, Good Quality, Good Price!, 15 Jan 2012
We bought this phone because we needed one with a loudspeaker and an answer machine at a reasonable price. This phone has both these features and is very reasonably priced, and it has the added bonus of being cordless, something we thought at first would be a bit of an unecessary gimmick, but it has actually proved to be very useful. If we wanted to make a private call before, and everyone else was in the living room where the phone is, we had to use a mobile which was proving to be expensive for long conversations. Now we simply take the handset off to somewhere private like a bedroom etc, and chat away in peace whilst the rest of the family watch telly in the living room! The sound quality is good, and so is the build quality. All in all we are very pleased with it. The only complaint is that when listening on loudspeaker the phone can't handle music or other complex signals very well, (it keeps cutting out for split seconds) but normal speech is very clear. After all, most people use the phone just for speech, and it handles this perfectly well!

Rambling for Pleasure Along the Thames: 24 Short Country Walks Between Runnymede and Sonning
by Dave Ramm

5.0 out of 5 stars Well researched, and well presented., 29 Jun 2011
This book is nice to look at, with clear coloured maps and colour photos. The text is clear and easy to read, and the instructions for the walks are easy to follow. The walks are varied both in type and distance, with all of them being fairly easy for most reasonably active people to follow. (From 2 miles to 6.5 miles.) They range along the Thames from Runnymede in the East to Sonning in the West, 24 walks in total. 13 of the walks can easily be reached by rail, most tell you where you can park your car free of charge. My only complaints are that they don't tell you where the public toilets are, or where you can get refreshments en route, (although the maps do show and name many Pubs!) and that although this is the latest edition, it was published back in October 2006, so it may be a little out of date by now. Apart from these minor critisisms, I'm very pleased with this book.

Page: 1 | 2