Profile for Nibby > Reviews

Content by Nibby

Nibby

HP OfficeJet 7500A A3 e-All-in-One Web Enabled Printer (Print, Scan, Copy, Fax, Wireless, e-Print)

1.0 out of 5 stars Nervous breakdown in printer form, 25 Oct 2011
We are now on our THIRD (yes third) replacement HP7500A. Between software issues and the now endemic HP paper jam 'ghost', we have practically torn out all our hair! We have six HP printers in the office and the last four purchased (7500A, 8500, CP2025, 8500A) have all had issues with either software incompatibility or non existent paper jams which we have wasted hours fixing. Another frustration is that some of the software that comes with their printers doesn't install properly and HP (on the rare occasions they actually have an answer to a customer issue)recommend downloading patched software from their website.

What this boils down sadly to is that HP is no longer a reliable printer (this model is possibly the worst in the range for trouble), their quality control is awful, customer service sound exasperated when they answer the phone. Worst of all they deny these is any widespread issue. Just google any HP issue and there are thousands of complaints - HP pretend the complaints exist!

I'm sure there are people who have bought a 7500A and got a good one. We have had three lousy ones that have driven us to the edge of madness and wasted hundreds of man hours. You pay your money and take your choice (or risk) in this case.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2012 5:48 PM GMT

Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Edition (PC)
Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Edition (PC)
Offered by Barcleys

1.0 out of 5 stars Backward at a rate of knots, 20 May 2011
As a long time user of Microsoft's office suite, I decided to upgrade my aging 2000 version to the 2007 issue. Big mistake. The menus are completely different and it is very hard to remember which tool is in which sub-menu of which menu! There are a few more bells and whistles but these are about as useful as putting a more powerful engine in a car but changing the drivers seat so that it now faces the rear! Someone at Microsoft must have sat down and decided that having a print button to hand was not as user friendly as burying it in two levels of menu. Daft!

My laptop a powerful but aging (5 years) Dell machine started running so slow it drove me crazy with this programme installed so it just had to go. Terrible time removing it too as it has no built in uninstaller. Microsoft have now posted a removal tool on their website after I (and doubtless thousands of others) kicked up a major stink in the national press about the insidious nature of the product.

I'm now using the 2003 version which has improved functionality but with the older style menu which I love.

Unless you are used to this version of the Office Suite, you are likely to find it a disappointment.

Epson Supplies archival Matte Paper A3
Epson Supplies archival Matte Paper A3

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoothest Paper ever, 20 May 2011
This is the second pack of this paper I've purchased. I use it for creating brochures and the print quality when used with a good printer is simply stunning and absolutely flawless. I've compared many different paper types over the years and this one is in a class of its own. It really 'pops' colours and allows exceptional clairty of both images and text dues to the uncanny smoothnhess. It feels both weighty and classy when handled and looks a million dollars when folded brochure style.

I headhunt lawyers so my clients are major law firms, not one has ever suspected that my brochure is anything less than professionally printed. The advantage over having thousands of brochures printed elsewhere is that I can change my brochure to suit a particular client, print it out and take to my meeting! Drying times are very quick because the paper although smooth, accepts ink beautifully.

I unreservedly recommend this paper.