Profile for R. Siegel > Reviews

Content by R. Siegel

R. Siegel (Edina, MN United States)

Darling Lili [DVD]
Darling Lili [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julie Andrews

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY the complete version, 22 Nov 2009
This review is from: Darling Lili [DVD] (DVD)
I don't mind director's cuts, as long as the original roadshow of a classic is available. Living in the USA, we were given only the shorter director's cut, which excluded parts of musical numbers that I love from this film, including the opening of "I'll Give You Three Guessus." I just ordered this from Amazon UK and will be able to play it on my Denon DVD player and am very excited to be able to own the roadshow release. Now we can only hope for a Blu-ray one day with lossless audio. Alot to ask but you never know. I highly recommend this film, the music alone is worth it.

Twister [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Twister [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Helen Hunt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fun film, 4 May 2009
This movie dazzled me when it came out. There is plenty of action, the special effects sequences are incredible, and the acting is very good, Helen Hunt does a great job. It's alot of fun and action. I am from the USA and I own the Blu-ray already available here, which has a Dolby True HD soundtrack. This UK version will have DTS Master Audio, which regardless of what some say, is just a more ruch lossless format and has a higher bitrate. Dolby True HD Blu-rays are usually around 1.5-2.0 mbps, where most DTS Master discs are 4-5 mbps (megabites per second). I am going to sell my copy and order this one. As far as the movie, the Blu-ray quality is very good but the soundtrack is fantastic, the tornados swirl all around your room, whoever did the sound mix for this film did one of the best jobs I've heard yet! Highly recommend this Blu-ray!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2012 10:17 PM GMT