Profile for Elizabeth Kwantes > Reviews

Content by Elizabeth Kwantes

Elizabeth Kwantes "Elcadobes" (Royal Berks)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Prisonomics: Behind Bars in Britain's Failing Prisons
Prisonomics: Behind Bars in Britain's Failing Prisons

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK, 10 Mar. 2014
I am not sure if this was self indulgence or Vicky Pryce is really trying to do something about the problem of women behind bars. She tended to fling out statistics which I am not sure were quite correct, for example she mentions someone who had a fourteen year old daughter and the women kept this secret from her employer for a decade. Just does not make sense, didn't her daughte get older? She does go on about how wonderful and fantastic all the inmates were to her. I did enjoy some bits of it but it was very much on the surface.Now she is out of prison I just hope that Vicky Pryce actually does something about the women behind bars and helps to improve this. It does seem she likes meeting with people but action seems a bit limited.

Pies and Prejudice: In search of the North
Pies and Prejudice: In search of the North
by Stuart Maconie

1.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me, 13 July 2013
I got to page six and was ready to throw it out apart from the fact I had paid for the book. I just found it protentious and trying terribly hard to be funny, without a great literary talent. I had hoped I would find something comparable to a Bill Bryson book, but it was rather like comparing Shakespeare to chick lit.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2013 9:07 AM BST

Fairy Platinum Original Dishwash Tablets 30 Washes
Fairy Platinum Original Dishwash Tablets 30 Washes

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and Clean, 2 July 2012
I too have been trying these out for Savvy Circle. They really are excellent. In the past I have found tablets leaving residue in the machine and not working that well. I open up my machine now and it is sparkling clean along with all the dishes.

De'Longhi DCH3030 Ceramic Heater, 1.8kW
De'Longhi DCH3030 Ceramic Heater, 1.8kW

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Warm, 11 May 2012
I got this heater because the fan on my previous de Longhi heater packed in. I find this one much better than the old one. It ius also smaller and more compact, but more powerful it seems. I have not actually needed to put it onto the highest heat yet, it is really great. A nice size and I am really happy with it. I have not noticed the noise, but that may be because it is a noisy household anyway and I always have the radio on. I also like the fact I can have a cold setting as well, although I have not been able to use that yet either.

5 Star Premier Envelope Wallet Polypropylene A4 Translucent Assorted (Pack of 25)
Offered by Office Nerd

4.0 out of 5 stars Envelopes, 22 Nov. 2011
Great product. Should last me a while. Good price and arrived quickly. Variety of colours so can be used for special filing.

Tweezerman Slant Tweezer Neon Pink
Tweezerman Slant Tweezer Neon Pink
Offered by CrazyKangaroo

4.0 out of 5 stars Tweezers, 22 Nov. 2011
Very happy great product, but they do seem to 'wear' quite quickly. Pretty colour, I am not sure about the resharpening in the US though.

Nothing to Envy: Real Lives in North Korea
Nothing to Envy: Real Lives in North Korea
by Barbara Demick

5.0 out of 5 stars What a book, 7 Aug. 2011
I was a bit tentative about reading this book, but I know nothing about North Korea so I decided to go ahead. It is quite fascinating and amazes me that a country can continue as it does in the 21st century as if the rest of the world hardly exists. I would recommend this book to everyone not living in North Korea, so they can realise their problems are minor in comparison.

Sony UWABR100 USB Network Adapter Bringing Wireless Internet Access to Your Wi-Fi Ready TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Bunny, 5 Aug. 2011
Received my adaptor yesterday Thursday having ordered on Monday. Opened it up and when I had found the USB port on the TV plugged it in. As someone said it does stick out, but who cares. Read the on-line Sony TV manual and got the adaptor to work immediately, it took seconds. By the end of yesterday evening I was really adept at using it. Accessed our local community website, Facebook, Twitter and the BBC. I did find with Sky that it came up with a message that I did not have enough memory, but I assume that is the TV. I also had problems with Flash items which don't work. I was impressed however. The only problem is I was so busy playing with it, I did not bother to use the TV as a TV any more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2012 3:00 AM BST

Tickling the English
Tickling the English
by Dara O Briain

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be Better, 1 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Tickling the English (Hardcover)
I was disappointed by Dara O'Briain's Tickle the English. It is OK as a light read, but I became very frustrated by the fact he listed some of the people he talked to at the various theatres and so I was waiting to read about them, but most of the time it just tailed off. It could have been a very good book as there were a lot of 'Did you know' type information, but somehow it just never really seemed to hit the spot.

BT Decor 1200 Telephone with BT Answer 1571 Voice Mail Indication
BT Decor 1200 Telephone with BT Answer 1571 Voice Mail Indication

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy, 5 Jan. 2010
I bought the Decor and thought it was great. It then started developing problems, the sound would become faint and then people would not be able to hear me speaking. Also the 1571 light was very contrary. I thought I had just had a bad phone, so bought another one and to my great disappointment exactly the same thing happened after a period of time. It looks like there is a flaw in the design somewhere as it seems I am not the only one who has had problems.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3