Profile for pasiro > Reviews

Content by pasiro

pasiro "psychic symon" (Chesterfield, England)

Wolf Song Cards
Wolf Song Cards
by Lew Hartman
Edition: Cards

4.0 out of 5 stars For the experienced, 9 Feb 2009
This review is from: Wolf Song Cards (Cards)
These pictures are the best out of all the decks I have, and I can say same about the card quality. Some people make comments on how big a border is around a card or how badly designed the backs are, in both areas these excell, and although some people don't like borders I believe with these cards it enhances the pictures and adds feeling to them.
If I were just reviewing the superb cards and the quality of them, I would have given them 5 stars without hesitation.
There is a downside though, the LWB (Little White Book), this is poor, very poor and makes life very difficult. The spreads it gives for laying out the cards and reading them, aren't fully explained, and the meanings of the cards are in a random order with no index making the card you want to find the meaning of very awkward to find.
For the book alone I wouldn't even give it one star, it is really that poor.
However I bought the cards because I liked the pictures and believed them to be some I could work with; the LWB's short comings can be worked around, and to some extent, doing so makes things better in the end.
I spent around two hours, the day after I received the cards, rewriting the cards in alphabetical order. It was well worth the effort and time doing this as I can now edit the file whenever i want, adding more information, or taking some out as I find things out; I can even add whatever spread I want to use to my own custom made LWB, which I've done, and it works a treat.
A word of warning about the actual keywords that are given, they don't tell you really what you need to know, they only point you in the right direction giving your intuition time to take over. This is ok if you have some experience, but not so good if you don't and will make it very hard work of trying to read with the cards.