Profile for Beatles4Life > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Kipling Women's Garan Shoulder Bag, Vivid Purple, K1517661G
Kipling Women's Garan Shoulder Bag, Vivid Purple, K1517661G

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy handbag, 29 April 2014
I bought the Garan to replace my previous Kipling, an Ibusuki that I bought about 2.5 years ago and was starting to bite the dust. Overall, I really like it. The colour is actually slightly bluer than the picture on the site, at least on my computer. To be more specific, it's the same colour as Urban Decay ransom eye liner.

The Garan is also much sturdier than the Ibusuki, which was a bit flimsy (by this I mean that sometimes certain objects in my bag would poke me in the thigh if I put them in at the wrong angle because the fabric was so thin). This is not the case with the Garan though. The fabric is much sturdier than the Ibusuki, and I haven't noticed anything hitting my leg, even if I put it in the the compartment that is closest to me. I really like the fold-over pocket, and I'm pleased to report that it's big enough to fit my giant 9 inch long umbrella, which is quite a feat. The strap is also nice and long, which is something I find very important as I'm quite tall.

However, the reason I only gave it four stars is that it was much smaller than I expected. I was hoping to be able to fit an A4 notebook in it, and this definitely isn't the case. At least the umbrella fits. :)

Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse
Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse
Offered by WORLD BUY365 INC.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good mouse, shame about the software, 21 Dec 2013
I initially chose this mouse because the Logitech website said that it would be compatible with my Mac (unlike the Amazon specifications, which say something completely different). I also wanted a mouse with lots of programmable buttons and the ability to assign unusual functions to buttons, such as double clicking and opening Spotlight. Unfortunately, the software is a bit buggy. When I first got the mouse, I wanted to assign the right hand mouse button to be a single click and the right click to be one of the buttons on the side. Alas, the mouse has decided (despite multiple attempts to reset it) that it doesn't like my configuration and won't allow me to do this. I hope that Logitech releases an update for this problem.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2014 9:01 AM GMT

Tea infuser/ strainer with stainless steel mesh
Tea infuser/ strainer with stainless steel mesh
Offered by Leaf

4.0 out of 5 stars Good infuser. Shame about the dimensions., 6 Oct 2013
I bought this infuser after my previous one decided it wouldn't close properly once it was filled with tea. It works extremely well at filtering out bits of loose leaf tea from my tea mug. I also like the fact that it's dishwasher safe. Unfortunately, the reason I've only given it four stars and not five is because the description claimed it would fit a small teapot, yet the opening is much too big for mine. I've sort of solved the problem by using the aforementioned previous infuser in my teapot and using this new one as a filter when I pour the tea into my mug. Nevertheless, it would be nice to be able to actually put the infuser directly in my teapot without any fiddly workarounds.

Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs for Musicians - White
Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs for Musicians - White

3.0 out of 5 stars good earplugs, 27 Nov 2012
I bought these ear plugs to block out the sound of my extremely loud refrigerator, which I realise isn't the conventional reason one would buy music ear plugs. They did a reasonably good job of blocking out the aforementioned refrigerator, although I may have to adjust the filters, as it felt like they were going to fall out of my ear and land under my bed.

D'Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman?
D'Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman?

5.0 out of 5 stars fun song, 27 Nov 2012
This is one of my favourite Oasis songs. It's very light-hearted, and I like that it tells a story about growing up and reminiscing about childhood memories, much in the same vein as Strawberry Fields or Penny Lane by the Beatles.

Let There Be Love (demo)
Let There Be Love (demo)

5.0 out of 5 stars great demo, 27 Nov 2012
I actually like this version of "Let there be love" more than the album version. I think it's better suited to Noel Gallagher's voice. Plus it's fun to see how the song progressed into the final version.

Take Me Away
Take Me Away

4.0 out of 5 stars good song, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Take Me Away (MP3 Download)
One of the more mellow songs from Oasis's catalogue. It has a very Paul Simon-esque vibe to it, which I quite like. If you're a fan of songs that are sung by Noel Gallagher as opposed to Liam, then you should download this.

In the Belly of the Brazen Bull (Amazon Exclusive Version) [Explicit]
In the Belly of the Brazen Bull (Amazon Exclusive Version) [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars good album, 27 Nov 2012
This album from the Cribs is excellent. The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is that all of the songs sound the same, which can sometimes make it difficult to tell when one song ends and the next one begins.

Kipling Women's Ibusuki Shoulder Bag K24171861 Splash
Kipling Women's Ibusuki Shoulder Bag K24171861 Splash

4.0 out of 5 stars nice and roomy, 1 May 2012
I really like the Ibusuki. It holds all of my various odds and ends for shopping trips and other sorts of expeditions (including an A5 notebook, an A6 diary, my wallet, and a coin purse), yet still manages to look slim in profile. The only things I would change about this bag are that if you have a diary with slightly firm edges, the sides of said diary will poke into your leg if not inserted at just the right angle. I would also prefer to have more zipped pockets on the outside instead of these weird pouch like pockets that snap closed (there are two small pockets over the snap pockets, but they're not big enough to hold anything substantial except for a packet of tissues).

Tickling the English
Tickling the English
by Dara O Briain

4.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 1 May 2012
This review is from: Tickling the English (Paperback)
Dara Ó Briain paints an incredibly interesting picture of the process of going around the UK and finding out what makes the English laugh. The reader also gets a very informative history lesson about all of the many cities he visits along the way, interspersed with tour related anecdotes and some very interesting facts about Dara himself. If you've ever watched Ó Briain on Mock the Week or QI or read his football blog on the Guardian, or if you just want to learn more about the English from an Irish perspective, then I highly recommend this book.

Page: 1 | 2