Profile for luis ricardo > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Yes Please
Yes Please

4.0 out of 5 stars very easy read, 9 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Yes Please (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book. It's a mixture of memoir, chronicles and self help. It is also very funny and written in a very direct and transparent way.

Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4)
Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad I did, 16 Nov. 2014
I've never assassin's creed before. I saw some videos on YouTube and thought the game looked gorgeous so decided to give it a go. I'm glad I did. I'm loving it! Not only is the game drop dead gorgeous (I think it is the best looking game I currently own) but it's also great fun to play. I can't understand the bad reviews. Ok, the frame rate can decrease in very busy areas but nothing that I would describe as 'unplayable'. I haven't really come across other glitches but then again by the time I started playing I had already installed the patch. So, my advice, prospective buyer, is don't pay attention to these kids that keep moaning about the glitches and seemed intent on bringing ratings down. It makes me wonder if they actually own the game .

Alien: Isolation - Nostromo Edition (PS4)
Alien: Isolation - Nostromo Edition (PS4)
Offered by Base

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this game, 15 Oct. 2014
I love this game. I love the atmosphere and the graphics (especially the smoke, steam and revolving lights): it's all very ALIEN. It's great to skulk around corridors and runs while the perfect organism hunts you down. The working joes (androids) are also adequately creepy. It's fantastic how they calmly say 'you're becoming hysterical' while they try to choke me. The reason for 4 stars is the fact that half way through the game it becomes a bit more ALIENS than ALIEN (I don't want to give too much away) but I didn't enjoy this portion of the game so much.

Visconti Hunter Leather Briefcase Messenger Bag A4 - 18716 Berlin - Oil Brown
Visconti Hunter Leather Briefcase Messenger Bag A4 - 18716 Berlin - Oil Brown
Offered by The Real Handbag Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Bag, 9 Dec. 2013
This is a fantastic bag. Everything about it shouts quality.
Very well wrapped for delivery. May not be the cheapest bag around but you definitily get your money's worth back.

Dante's Divine Comedy: Hell, Purgatory, Paradise
Dante's Divine Comedy: Hell, Purgatory, Paradise
by Dante Alighieri

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite illustrations by Doré, 8 Dec. 2013
What a fantastic book! Great value. I have to admit I was quite surprised by the size of the book. For the price, I thought it'd be smaller. The illustrations are amazing and more than worth getting the book for. I'm reading it slowly and becoming aware why this is a timeless classic. Some of the imagery evoked will stay with you forever.

Gravity
Gravity
by Tess Gerritsen

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely loved this, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Gravity (Paperback)
This was the first tess gerritsen novel i read and it gripped me from the get go. the caracters are likeable but above all the story is amazing. it's almost as a hollywood blockbuster in novel format. I couldn't get enough of it.

Savvies Crystal-Clear screen protector for Pentax K5, K-5
Savvies Crystal-Clear screen protector for Pentax K5, K-5
Offered by protectionfilms24-com

4.0 out of 5 stars great buy, 23 Jun. 2013
These fit my k5 screens perfectly. exactly what i was looking for to prevent scratches. maybe not the best at stopping reflections but they do help.

PowerPlanet Pentax K-Mount 3-Ring Macro Extension Tube Set for Extreme Close-up. For Pentax K10D, K20D, K100D, K100D Super, K110D, K200D, K2000, K-01, K-5, K-7, K-30, K-m, K-x
Offered by PowerPlanet UK - typ. 5-7 working days

5.0 out of 5 stars very good for the price, 23 Jun. 2013
I read quite a lot about macro extension tubes before buying this. i recommend you do the same to avoid disappointment. if you know in advance that you'll have to control de lens manually (ideally use a lens with an aperture ring) and that you need to use it in bright environments (or use powerful lighting) then you'll love this. it's a very affordable way to start taking macro shots.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Last Of Us (PS3)
The Last Of Us (PS3)
Offered by EVERGAME

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably Good, 20 Jun. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Last Of Us (PS3) (Video Game)
I am not an avid gamer. I will play a game occasionally and sometimes not even finish a game.
I bought this from amazon after seeing the comercial and reading some reviews. I thought 'this looks good' but i wasn't sure about the premise. having to babysit a teenager across the USA was something i felt a bit reluctant to do.
I've played now several hours of the game and i cannot believe how good it is. starting with the story: it's really good. no over the top theatricals or stunts, it is all feels very real. my fear was this title would amount to a great deal of cutscenes with very little game in it. i needn't worry. this IS a game. yes, there is a story, very easy to follow and almost basic at heart: get the girl across to the other side of the country. It is the relationship between joel and ellie that makes it special. watching joel and ellie bond over time is a delight. Joel starts off like a weary, beaten down man, willing to do anything to survive. He has seen the world around him take everything from him and has built a wall around him that only a few are allowed in. Ellie is at first a burden for Joel. a job to be done. As the game progresses Joel starts very slowly to warm up. this is done gently and the excelent voice acting and caracter animations make it all very real. There is an overall feeling of sadness and nostalgia about this game, it constantly makes you think about all that was lost. exploring the areas fully really shows the care and detail the developers put into the game. coming across a small grave with a teddy bear on top in the middle of nowhere is only of those little reminders of all the pain that exists in this world.
The graphics are also amazing. creeping around through tunnels with your flashlight is an incredibly tense experience - especially when you can hear the 'clicks' of nearby infected. The developers did a wonderful job on this game.
Playing the game itself is fantastic. the controls are intuitive and i love the fact that you have to gather bits and bobs to build molotvs, bombs and even health kits. there isn't an overabundance of ammo, making you really think how you're going to approach a fight. in fact, you may even decide you don't want to or can't fight, and choose to just sneak away discreetly...if you can. the whole system of creating your own weapons and health kits makes you explore the environment around you, and as i said above i really advised you to do it, to fully enjoy the experience of this game.
Overall it is like no other game i've played, by the simple fact you end up caring some much for your caracters. each friend you find or loose comes with an emotional punch. this is no easy feat for a game. Naughty dog deserve all the accolades they are received. This is that special. shame i have to go to work and have to leave Joel and Ellie. very simply: get this game.

Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camera - Body Only
Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camera - Body Only

5.0 out of 5 stars first impressions., 27 April 2013
I'm an amateur when it comes to photography. i've been on the market for an upgrade for my pentax kx for a while. i considering changing to nikon a few times, but then the pentax k30 caught my eye and for a while i was set on that - the fact that i had bought a few lenses for the kx that would fit other pentax cameras also help me decide to stay with pentax. i wanted to be sure i would make the right choice, so i kept comparing different cameras. i found snapsort a very useful website for this. in fact, if you google "camera X versus camera Y" snapsort is the first comparison site to appear. so as i said, i was set on pentax k30... until the day i decided to compare it to the older k5. the K5 came out on top. in fact, the K5 even came out on top of the newer K5 II. I was a bit worried about investing my money on an older (the K30 is quite new when compared to the K5) and more expensive model. Even so, after going through several reviews of the K5 i decided to go for it.
Just got the camera yesterday, so this review is just for first impressions. i will change my rating if i seem fit later on.
The camera feels sturdier than my Kx due to the magnesium alloy body shell. it just feels right in my hand. i updated the firmware straight away and started taking some pictures early the next day. the step up in clarity and detail is very noticeable even using the same lenses i used on my Kx. another thing that I was immediately aware was how fast the autofocus worked. really remarkable!
one thing i was always getting frustrated about with my kx was the pentamirror viewfinder: i would carefully compose a shot to then find out i was getting stuff in the picture i hadn't planned. no worries with the K5 - the pentaprism viewfinder is 100% accurate.
There are a lot more button on the k5, but i'm finding them easy to use so far, and they save a lot of digging through menus. in fact, i can now adjust ISO and exposure without even taking my eye of the viewfinder.
another aspect that blew me away was the camera performance in low light. I took a few shoots in a darkened room, with no tripod and the pictures were still clean and sharp. There's also very little noise noticeable and colour and still rendered accurately. The white balance of the camera is great, even when set to 'auto'.
Another thing that i'm really enjoying is the quieter shutter, when compared to the kx. whenever i tried to photograph wild life in the past, i would always worry that i would only have one shot at it, since the shutter was so loud, every creature in the vicinity would run for cover.
There are still a huge amount of features for me to try - and i can't wait to do it.
I know pentax is almost considered a secondary company against the likes of nikon and canon, but the truth is that their cameras are wonderful. I grew as an amateur photographer with the Kx. i can't wait to see where the K5 will lead me.

Page: 1 | 2