Profile for N_C > Reviews

Content by N_C

N_C (UK)

Crosley Cruiser Briefcase Style Three-Speed Portable Vinyl Turntable with Built-In Stereo Speakers - Orange
Offered by Fast Link
Price: 67.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little record player, 10 April 2014
I was a bit worried about this having read some of the poor reviews. It worked straight out of the box with no problems and whilst it's no Hi-Fi the sound from the built in speakers is decent enough. One of my LPs is really warped and it tracked perfectly. Really looks the part in orange too.

Black + Blum Box Appetit, Lime
Black + Blum Box Appetit, Lime
Price: 14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant design and well made, 9 Oct 2012
I used this for the first time today and am very pleased. You can get loads of food into the main container and the separate removable section means you can keep some fruit etc cold if you microwave the food in the main part. The new style lid seems pretty strong to me.

Black + Blum Lunch Box Bag, Lime
Black + Blum Lunch Box Bag, Lime
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares
Price: 8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 9 Oct 2012
This is a really neat way to carry the Box Appetit lunchbox with room for a can of coke etc as well. It also makes a nice tablecloth to eat off. The material is better than I expected and looks like it will wash well. The Velcro is well stiched and strong. Recommended.

Western Digital My Book 250GB Essential USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Book 250GB Essential USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant External Hard Drive for a Mac, 12 Nov 2006
I bought two of these so I can store my music, photos and video etc on one and back it all up daily to the other. They worked with my G4 iMac straight out of the box and look good on the book shelf. At this price they are great value. They are very quiet in operation - highly recommended. The only downside is that you can't dasy-chain them but they have been fine working through a USB hub.

HP Inkjet Printer Scanner Copier colour all in one 1410 AIO 18PPM
HP Inkjet Printer Scanner Copier colour all in one 1410 AIO 18PPM

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Budget Printer for a Mac!, 28 May 2006
At the price, this is a great printer. It is a small and stylish unit. It works really well with my iMac and is well integrated with iPhoto. The ink cartidges seem pretty small so I wouldn't recommend this for someone who is serious about printing their own photos as I think it would work out quite expensive. Overall though, I am very pleased.

Transpod FM for new iPod & iPod mini
Transpod FM for new iPod & iPod mini

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat in car solution for you iPod, 10 Jun 2004
Summary: neat solution and acceptable sound quality
This is a good piece of kit for people who haven't got a cassette player or an aux input in their car (probably most people these days!). It looks the part, being iPod-white and charges your pod from the lighter socket. I used the dash-mount option but stuck it on using one of those rubber pads that you fix rear-view mirrors rather than the screws (1.99 for 2 in Halfords).
The Transpod does come with a complicated Heath-Robinson type system of brackets that allow the device to mount directly to the cigarette lighter socket but it was very wobbly on my car and the dash-mount seems much better.
Sound quality isn't fantstic - in particular there can be a lot of hard-disc noise when the iPod is cacheing data for a new song, but this soon stops.
Overall, I'd say that as an all-in-one solution the Transpod FM avoids having wires everywhere and does the job pretty well.