Profile for Dean Moncaster > Reviews

Dean Moncaster (UK)

BT Diverse 6210 - DECT Cordless Phone - Triple Pack
BT Diverse 6210 - DECT Cordless Phone - Triple Pack

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone suddenly exploded, 18 July 2011
This has been a great product for a year and a half and one day i come to use it after being left alone for a weekend and it doesn't work. I check the base of the phone and it is covered in green crust, the base station cradle is also covered. It looks like battery excretions but I check the batteries and nothing is wrong. However the phone no longer talks to base station and they cannot be reregistered together. I have had to buy new phones. I know this review is a bit like closing the door after the horse has bolted but just wanted to mention it. The phone can go pop for no reason at all!

LG 47LX9900 47-inch Widescreen Full LED 3D Infinia Internet TV with Freeview HD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing 2d and HD pictures!, 2 Feb 2011
I have this TV after winning it in the LG competition and i have to say the 2d quality in HD is absolutely fantastic. The F1 is perfect in HD.

My only gripe so far is that the 3d is a bit crap. I have only got Xbox games to test it with so blu-ray could be a different story but i am finding the crosstalk to be extremely bad edging on almost rendering the TV worthless in 3d. I have applied all updates and tried to fix it using the TV settings but to no avail. I have done research on this and apparently all TVs suffer from this.

Does anyone have any settings they can list that gives them a half decent set up where 3d is actually watchable? I find the areas of cross talk are eliminated when over a VERY bright background. For example, when playing Crysis 2 the 3d ruins the cross hairs of the weapon making it display 2 crosses in the middle of the screen instead of just one. If i aim at the sun the crosstalk is eliminated and the cross hairs of the weapon are merged into one. Exactly like i would expect in the normal play of the game without having to aim at the sun every 5 minutes.

i want to test the blu-ray 3d quality but cannot comment on this yet as i have not tested it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest items i ever received, 2 Feb 2011
I have had this product for a few years now and it is one of the most used things i own. There is one major design flaw in that when using the philips screw driver the knife point is aiming directly into your palm and you cannot get a good grip of the key. Ignoring this, it is perfect, i cannot find any other problems with it, if you need a very handy philips screw driver and knife combo. This is it, i am going to buy my second one now as i have just lost my first one! :(

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device works very well., 31 Aug 2010
I had been deliberating over buying this product for almost a week as I had never heard of the company before but I eventually decided to take the plunge. I am so glad I did, the device is extremely easy to set up and works very well. My only gripes are

1: there is no easy way to rewind or skip tracks like there is when using normal headphones, you have to log into your phone and do it that way.

2: The signal can be fuzzy and not 100% clear during quiet parts of songs but as soon as the music starts up again you don't notice it any more. The device is not for classical or chillout ambient trance.

3: The blue screen display needs a way to be turned off instead of shining brightly all the time the device is used. It is very easy to see in the dark but irritating while driving.

Positives, it does everything it is supposed to, the longest part of setting it up was tuning the device to an available channel (by manually pressing the tuning button for each 0.1 MHz I wanted to change the signal). I use 102.2 FM in Wakefield / Leeds as the only station broadcasting around that is Lincs FM and that is weak in the middle of West Yorkshire. I decided to try and broadcast over Radio one while stuck at some traffic lights as I saw the girl behind me was singing to radio one. The look on her face when the music suddenly changed was great.

All in all I would say this is an excellent product and if you are looking for a low range FM transmitter for your car to transmit music or sound from a device that uses a 3.5 mm stereo audio jack this device will work well. If you want to charge a device with a Micro-USB charging interface this is perfect too. If you want to do both, like with the HD2 you cannot get better than this.

I have had the device for a month now and use it every day and have not had a single problem with it so i cannot tell you about the customer service or warranty of Gomadic. The delivery was excellent and the FedEx tracking number was spot on!

Go ahead, get it you won't find a problem with it.