Profile for Jo Graham > Reviews

Weber Chimney Starter
Weber Chimney Starter
Offered by n-vintage_(Impressum/Widerruf/AGB)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab - my husband loves it!, 7 Feb 2014
My husband cooks quite a lot of large joints of meat - chicken, beef topside etc - on the BBQ, and he also does some smoking. I bought this for him after a friend recommended and he loves how he's now able to top up the coals in the BBQ and better maintain the temperature as a result. I believe it is also brilliant for getting the BBQ started :)

Speck CandyShell Clip-On Case Cover for iPhone 5/5S - White/Peacock Blue
Speck CandyShell Clip-On Case Cover for iPhone 5/5S - White/Peacock Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved my first one so much, I bought another!, 7 Feb 2014
I had one of these for a year. Dropped my phone many many times and never had any problems. I noticed that the case was looking a bit cracked on the edges after it had protected my phone so many times, so I bought the exact same case again.

There is a raised rubbery front to the case that protects the screen when you put the phone down on the screen, and the corner protection is ingenious.

It's been brilliant and I would highly recommend.

Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Bakeware Springform Round Cake Tin - 24 cm
Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Bakeware Springform Round Cake Tin - 24 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 7 Feb 2014
The quick release worked brilliantly. The non stick has been great (admittedly only used twice so far, but feels hard wearing). Really pleased with it.

Gore Bike Wear Power Women's Cycling Bib Shorts - Black, 12
Gore Bike Wear Power Women's Cycling Bib Shorts - Black, 12

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab shorts- sizing a little large, 9 Aug 2013
I bought my 1st pair from evans cycles, & had tried on I'm the shorts in the shop, & was a 38. I am pretty much always a 12, so I ordered the 12 here, but a 40 arrived so I need to return them.

Size guide- Amazon v what it says on the label:
Amazon 12 = Gore EU 40, US Large
Amazon 10 = Gore EU 38, US Medium

The shorts themselves are brilliant: good lady specific chamois, zips at the back on the waist work really well to allow you to visit the lady's room without having to strip off. I bought a 2nd pair as I think they're brilliant!

Camelbak Performance Bottle - Blue, 650ml
Camelbak Performance Bottle - Blue, 650ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Good water bottle- prefer the other type of lid, 9 Aug 2013
I like the colour of this bottle & that it is translucent, so I can easily see how much I have inside.
I find the straw bottle top isn't as good as the other type of bottle top, for using on the move, as if the bottle is 1/2 full and tilted sideways, the staw doesn't pick up the fluid. I actually bought another bottle & switched the lids around!
It was not possible to buy this bottle with one of the other lids, which would have been my preference.

Eliza Tinsley 4811 160 16-inch Oscillating Pedestal Fan - White
Eliza Tinsley 4811 160 16-inch Oscillating Pedestal Fan - White

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing pieces, 9 Aug 2013
The fan was delivered by parcel force, & we weren't in when it arrived. It was taken to the depot 20 miles away from our house. We registered to have it re-delivered, but it was re- delivered on a different day, when we weren't in again. Eventually we received the parcel, & the box had been damaged & there were 2 pieces missing. Fortunately one was the covers for the ends of the stand, which are not necessary, except for aesthetic purposes. The other was the cover for the screw that goes through the centre of the fan blades. We decided not to return the item as we could make it work (My husband has used some glue to hold the fan blades in place) but we will be throwing it away at the end of the summer & buying anew fan for next summer!
The noise levels are pretty decent- even missing the middle!
The air movement produced is great, so despite the issues, we've been able to keep much cooler as a result!

Dartington Ultimate Beer Glass
Dartington Ultimate Beer Glass
Offered by China Chaps Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual but very comfortable shape, 8 July 2013
I bought this for my husband, and he love it. It came in a tube, which was handy for him to use to take it with him to family for Christmas. The shape fits his hand well, and it fits in a good amount of beer. I wonder whether the beer might get warm quite quickly as it can warm up from your hand, but I don't believe my husband will be holding the glass when he's not drinking out if it very much!
A great present, well received, and enjoyed.

Alpine MotoSafe Ear Plugs
Alpine MotoSafe Ear Plugs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great- with a handy case, 8 July 2013
These work really well for my husband, who regularly rides his bike on roads with heavy traffic. He says they work really well. He had been unable to find any previously that we're comfortable and also worked well for him. I love them because they come with a handy case, which he keeps in his jacket pocket, so that he doesn't loose them!

Kitchen Craft Nylon Umbrella Food Cover White 40.5cm
Kitchen Craft Nylon Umbrella Food Cover White 40.5cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 8 July 2013
This is very handy, and comes in a bag which I have kept and use to store it. Unfortunately, unlike a real umbrella, there is not tie to stop this taking up quite a lot of room in a draw/cupboard.

BRIO 30199 Large Race Car
BRIO 30199 Large Race Car

4.0 out of 5 stars Speedy, well made zoom zoom, 8 July 2013
This review is from: BRIO 30199 Large Race Car (Toy)
This is a big wooden push-able car, which my godson liked. It goes really quickly, really easily, when pushed forwards or backwards. The handle on he back works well. The wooden body is relatively easily dented (as wood is) by skirting boards and pointy furniture, but the knocks don't affect the red paintwork.

Page: 1 | 2