Profile for anna > Reviews

Content by anna

anna "Anna" (Co Durham,UK)

Das Monsterbuch der Monster
Das Monsterbuch der Monster
by Jonny Duddle

5.0 out of 5 stars super, 23 Dec. 2013
Very good little book for our 7 year old, a nice introduction to German. Price reasonable also, delivered quickly, satisfied!

Oxford German Verbpack
Oxford German Verbpack
by Valerie Grundy

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 23 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Oxford German Verbpack (Paperback)
Useful little verb pack to support GCSE German and general German to get you started wit the language. Great buy.

An A-Z of English Grammar and Usage (2nd Edition)
An A-Z of English Grammar and Usage (2nd Edition)
by Geoffrey Leech

5.0 out of 5 stars A-Z English Grammar Usage, 10 Aug. 2013
This book is excellent for quick and clear explanation of our language. I am also an EFL teacher and I find it invaluable. Clear,concise and brilliant. Worth every penny hundred times over,it is always the first thing I pack.

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Your Body, But So Far Nobody's Been Able to Tell You
by Chris Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book., 15 May 2012
This book is a catalogue for reference. I first dipped in and out and then read it from cover to cover and learnt quite a lot of things from it to help me on my journey through life. It makes clear points to disease, it links body and soul and points to helping yourself without the immediate need for medical intervention. It also makes clear that we are responsible for ourselves and facing up to our emotions is a big hurdle which all of us should address in order to stay well. Clearly written ( on a terribly complicated subject) and I absolutely love it. I respect the authors, who have clearly gone on this journey themselves and speak from experience.

Hush Puppies Women's Hattie M Black Multi Lea Knee High Boot H2543200M 7 UK
Hush Puppies Women's Hattie M Black Multi Lea Knee High Boot H2543200M 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots, 8 Jan. 2011
Nice pair of boots, narrow looking but comfortable to wear even those with wide feet (EEE) Lovely style and shape. They went back only because they were high, I was looking for a mid calf boot.

Fly London Women's Villa Heel Purple/Yellow P141458002 6 UK
Fly London Women's Villa Heel Purple/Yellow P141458002 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic pair of shoes, 10 Sept. 2010
Soft leather, comfortable sole and a funky, interesting design that has collected numerous admiring comments. Very interesting colour combination that is neither too freaky nor whacky but suitably different from the norm. A great little kitten heel which enables you to run and walk in comfortably and for MILES if necessary, without pain. I would totally recomment them. I ahve abnormally wide feet EEE and I was nervous they would be narrow. The soft leather gave in very quickly and without pain. I just love them.

Rockport Women's Audry Cross Heel Black K51439 6 UK
Rockport Women's Audry Cross Heel Black K51439 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A Delight, 10 Sept. 2010
A lovely pair of shoes. Could almost call them a sensible and safe pair of killer heels. I can walk in them, run in them and they feel just gorgeous. They are quite narrow for my EEE foot but after walking them in, are comfotable and a delight to have. BUY THEM!

A Girl's Guide to Modern European Philosophy
A Girl's Guide to Modern European Philosophy
by Charlotte Greig

5.0 out of 5 stars Girl' Guide to European Philosophy, 4 Nov. 2008
A bit slow to start and but eventually totally fantatic and thought provoking. I kept on considering the scenarios thrown up in the book and relating them to real life for a while after I had finished it. In fact, it was marvelous and I learnt a bit about European philosophers too.