Profile for Paolo Cavicchini > Reviews

Content by Paolo Cavicchini

Paolo Cavicchini (Italy)

Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques with Java Implementations (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems)
by Ian H. Witten
Price: 33.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, complete, useful, 16 April 2003
This book is able to explain the "great design" and the details too.
All chapters are both clear and intuitive.
You need only a standard knowledge of statistics and math: the WEKA software (that you can download from the author's site) is very useful for a professional approach too.

MCSE Training Guide: SQL Server 7 Administration, Exam 70-028
MCSE Training Guide: SQL Server 7 Administration, Exam 70-028
by Christoph Wille
Edition: Textbook Binding

1.0 out of 5 stars This is an Enterprise Manager handbook only..., 15 Dec 1999
I've just passed my 070-028 exam. The book hasn't helped me in any way... I passed only because I'm already MCP+I, MCSE, CCNA and Network+ certified, so my experience is wide. The book focuses near only Enterprise Manager, it doesn't meet requirement needed to pass the exam without both hartbeat and good luck, and it isn't able to help you in the real word in any way. For example, in the test I encountered only one question about MTS, while in the book you can read "MTS will be tested in deep...". The same is for BPC utility, and so on... The MS exam is another thing. I'm an old New Riders' buyer, but I have to say this book isn't a good realization.