Profile for lynne > Reviews

Phonics Book 2
Phonics Book 2
by Kathy Crane

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gook for teaching phonics, 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Phonics Book 2 (Paperback)
I bought this for my 6-yr-old son, who is bi-lingual (but stronger in Spanish, as we live in Spain). The methodology is excellent for teaching children that rhyming words don't always look alike.
I also use it for teaching English, even with adult beginners.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived late, 12 Oct. 2013
To be fair, I haven't tried this product yet so I can't give it a fair rating. I ordered it two weeks before I needed it, to make a birthday cake for a little girl with numerous food allergies, but when it didn't arrive in time I had to look for other alternatives. The estimated shipping date was well within my time frame, but it actually arrived 10 days after that. I'm saving it for the next order I get for someone with food allergies. Probably it works great, but I would have liked for it to arrive when they said it would.

Orchard Toys One Banana, Two Banana
Orchard Toys One Banana, Two Banana

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, 22 Jan. 2012
My 4 year old son LOVES this game! Simple to play, and since there are no word cards he can play it with his English speaking friends and Spanish speaking friends alike. Some educational value as they must count the bananas, but but not very difficult. Age grade is spot on- while younger kids can join in the fun, we've found they don't want to play by the rules (they never want to back track when they're supposed to).

The Three Horrid Pigs and the Big Friendly Wolf
The Three Horrid Pigs and the Big Friendly Wolf
by Liz Pichon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 22 Jan. 2012
This was a Christmas present for my 4 year old son. The book is nicely illustrated and fun to read. My son denied the possibility that a wolf could be friendly, that just isn't possible!!!! And the pigs are supposed to be the good guys!!! Refreshing, funny and clever book. Perfect length for a bedtime story.

Vtech Toy Story Star Command Laptop
Vtech Toy Story Star Command Laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop for 3 1/2 year old boy, 27 Jan. 2011
Another Christmas present for my son! He loves it, although we have to help him a little when he first tries a new activity, so as to understand how to play it.
Someone else commented about the flaw that since pushing Buzz's head powers up the computer, it isn't convenient to carry around as it can turn itself on if something bumps his head. But since my son just uses it at home this hasn't been a problem for us.
Overall, a nice product sure to delight little ones, particularly Toy Story fans!

Disney Pixar Toy Story 2 x 70 Piece Jigsaw Puzzles in a Box
Disney Pixar Toy Story 2 x 70 Piece Jigsaw Puzzles in a Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Toy Story puzzles for 3 1/2 year old son, 27 Jan. 2011
This was a Christmas gift for my 3 1/2 year old son. He loves it, and enjoys doing the puzzles repetitively- he can now do each one in about 8 minutes! A nice feature is the carry handle on the box since he likes to bring it with him to Grandma's house.
The only negative point I can find is that although this is a set of two puzzles (and of course, when you open the box they are in two separate plastic bags), but the backs of the puzzles are not marked to distiguish between the two. Since I sew I made him two little fabric zip bags to store them individually in the box, but it is one small complaint.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2011 5:46 PM GMT

LEGO Bricks & More 5898: Cars Building Set
LEGO Bricks & More 5898: Cars Building Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Legos for my 3 1/2 year old son, 27 Jan. 2011
We got this set as a Christmas present our 3 1/2 year old my son. He has other Lego products, but I didn't realize these pieces would be significantly smaller. He loves the set, but it does require help from Mommy or Daddy since his little fingers have difficulty with some of the tiny pieces. We bought this size, tagged for 4-7 year olds, because with all other toys & puzzles this is the age range we buy for him, but after getting this set I personally think this size of Legos is probably better suited for +5 year olds, if you want them to be able to play independently. And that's coming from the mother of a boy who is quite agile with his fingers; he does puzzles with quarter-sized pieces and has very good control of his motor skills.
In summary, this is a very nice set but best recommended for older (+5) children.