Profile for Reviewer of stuff > Reviews

Content by Reviewer of stuff

Reviewer of stuff (Southern England)

Diesel DZ1090 Analogue Gents Leather Strap Watch
Diesel DZ1090 Analogue Gents Leather Strap Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, but a flawed design, 27 May 2011
I bought this watch well over a year ago and have since worn it everyday. I haven't yet experienced problems with the strap but I understand what other reviewers are saying. The leather strap is 'glued' to the watch body meaning when the strap eventually fails I won't be able to simply buy a new strap, I'll have to buy a new watch. This is either a clever ploy from Diesel to bolster sales of their watches or a foolish gamble - if one of their watches had broken beyond repair, you wouldn't buy another, would you?!?

LG 32LE4500 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview
LG 32LE4500 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and excellent value, too, 27 May 2011
I bought this LED telly for my lounge and have to say that I'm amazed I was able to buy such an excellent telly for under £300. The picture quality is second to none. The sound is as good as you'd hope for a telly so thin. It looks excellent, too, and comes with a wide range of well thought out features (four HDMI ports, for example).

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase.

Unofficial Guide to Disneyland Paris (Unofficial Guides)
Unofficial Guide to Disneyland Paris (Unofficial Guides)
by Bob Sehlinger

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as any Unofficial Guide, 15 July 2010
I bought this guide because we took The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World (the 2009 edition) to WDW and were impressed by how helpful it proved to be. With lots of promise to live up to, The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland Paris delivered superbly in helping us to plan our visit and - most importantly - not spend longer than necessary queuing! It also had lots of advice from the authors and other guests on where to stay, where to eat and the 'must-see' bits of the park (and also what can be missed).

I'd recommend this book, even if you've been to Disneyland Paris before.

Frozen Assets: How I Lived Iceland's Boom and Bust
Frozen Assets: How I Lived Iceland's Boom and Bust
by Armann Thorvaldsson

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely written and a real eye opener, 5 Nov. 2009
This book delivers on its promise of giving readers a genuine insight into the collapse of Kaupthing and the whole Icelandic economy. I heard an interview with the author (former CEO of Iceland's largest bank)on BBC radio and needed a better understanding of exactly what happened in Iceland. The book is very easy to read, although some of the types of trading discussed by the author went over my head. You don't need to understand these to enjoy the book, though.

Samsung LE19R86 - 19'' Widescreen HD Ready LCD Television - With Freeview - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't do better for the price, 15 Oct. 2009
I've had this telly wall-mounted in my bedroom for just over a year and am really pleased with the picture and sound quality. I tend to use the telly for watching late-night DVDs so I've hooked up an HD up-scaling DVD player (Samsung again) for even crisper images. I don't think you'll get a better telly for this price...

Frommer's St Petersburg Day by Day (Frommer's Day by Day - Pocket)
Frommer's St Petersburg Day by Day (Frommer's Day by Day - Pocket)
by Hillary Gilbert

5.0 out of 5 stars Business jet-setting and another good Day by Day book, 15 Oct. 2009
I bought this Day by Day book as I'd previoulsy used the Shanghai one sightseeing after a business trip and got on really well with it. I like these books because they tell you what sights to see while you're in a city according to how many days you have to spare. I only had one day to visit the sights whilst in St. Petersburg so I followed the one day tour which was well thought out and inexpensive to follow. As with the Shanghai guide, this one came with a fold out map (a god-send) and was full of colour photos.

Frommer's Shanghai Day by Day (Frommer's Day by Day - Pocket)
Frommer's Shanghai Day by Day (Frommer's Day by Day - Pocket)
by Graham Bond

4.0 out of 5 stars Shanghai sightseeing in 1 - 3 days, 15 Oct. 2009
I actually picked up this book in a bookshop before visiting Shanghai on business. I tagged on a few days for sightseeing and this book was perfect for that purpose as it plans your sightseeing for you. I only had two days to spare, but the book provides city tours for one, two or three days. As this was my first trip to Shanghai the book became my oracle! The book came with a decent fold out map, is well written (clearly by someone who knows Shanghai!) and is loaded with photos.

I'd buy another city guide in this series.

Skullcandy Red Full Metal Jacket 9mm Stereo Headphones SC-FMJ9RD
Skullcandy Red Full Metal Jacket 9mm Stereo Headphones SC-FMJ9RD

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality is excellent, 15 Oct. 2009
I bought these headphones about six months ago after using my mate's set a few times and think this was money well spent! The sound quality is excellent and these headphones have the added benefit of an on-wire volume adjustor. It's the replication of bass which is most impressive. And they look very cool...

In The Night Garden Bean Bag Arm Chair Seat With Beans
In The Night Garden Bean Bag Arm Chair Seat With Beans

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 15 Oct. 2009
I bought this chair for my 18 month old nephew (a big In the Night Garden fan!) and he absolutely loves it. It's just the right size for him and he uses it all the time. It's possible to remove the cover in order to wash it which is pretty important for his parents, too!

Gelert Eiger 3 Man Tent Royal/Excalibur Grey
Gelert Eiger 3 Man Tent Royal/Excalibur Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Glastonbury 2009 survivor, 14 July 2009
I took this tent to Glastonbury Festival 2009 and it lived to tell the tale! There were some torrential downpours whilst I was there which would have really tested the tent's waterproofing qualities - not a drop of rain came in! What more can I say...

It's very easy to assemble. Instructions are stitched into the tent's bag but are not really needed, anyway.

The bright yellow guy ropes are very visible in the dark.

It packs away easily into the bag provided along with the pegs and poles.

My only criticism, which is something you can overlook for price, is that the groundhseet doesn't extend into the porch area. Not a massive issue though!

All in all a brilliant tent for the money!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2009 3:58 PM BST