Profile for LNT > Reviews

Content by LNT

LNT

77 Picking Exercises for Modern Guitar (Guitar Technique Book 1)
77 Picking Exercises for Modern Guitar (Guitar Technique Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but very challenging, 29 July 2013
I've been playing guitar for a few years and realised I'd never be a 'god'. Spent so much time practicing over and over again and often struggling over certain points. Did rote exercises and got very good at doing them but progress was always slow. This book gives totally new exercises and they do seem to be more appropriate to technique. I'd never heard of these exercises and initially I was thinking 'wtf' but put my mind to them and have already found them very useful (after less than a week). The advice, like filming yourself to see how you get on (and how cool you look) is a good idea. My added advice - close your eyes when doing the exercises; I've found I am much better if I just let my fingers and ears do the work rather than looking at the fretboard.

The only problem I had with the kindle edition is that the notation is very small. I increased the text size but it didn't affect the notation. However, if you ask nicely you will get a pdf edition which is very easy to read.

Definitely recommend - and only costs a few pennies. The pdf and audio downloads make this well worth the money - and you will make progress.

7 Days In May
7 Days In May

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: 7 Days In May (Kindle Edition)
This book is cliched, predictable and contains spelling and grammatical errors throughout. I presumed it was a first attempt, self-published, by a young author so was very surprised to find the author details at the end; written by a more mature man who has written several other books.

Flexcut KN100 4pc Wood Carving Knife Set
Flexcut KN100 4pc Wood Carving Knife Set
Offered by TOOLMAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 May 2013
I've bought and/or used various knives or cutting tools and this is the best. Just 4 basic blades but just the right design. Easy to sharpen, and lovely case for the knives. Handles are wonderful - very comfortable.

Guitar Slide: Brass 'Spinslide' (spin to switch from fretting to slide)
Guitar Slide: Brass 'Spinslide' (spin to switch from fretting to slide)

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but doesn't work, 15 May 2013
The idea behind this design is brilliant. It just doesn't work though. You can flick the slide away from the fret board so you can finger a chord or play a string, but it doesn't move back in place. You either have to use your other fingers from your fretting hand, or the easiest thing to do is use your strumming hand - defeats the idea. I've returned to using a full tubular bottleneck and just fret with my remaining 3 fingers.

Wood Carving for the Beginner
Wood Carving for the Beginner

1.0 out of 5 stars Misnamed, 15 May 2013
This should be called woodcarving for the brain dead. It just states the b***ding obvious. I've been wood carving for some time but thought I'd give this a go to see about some tips - best tip I can give: get some wood and a cutting tool and figure it out for yourself - you'll learn more by this than by buying this 'book'.

The Gunny: A Vietnam Story
The Gunny: A Vietnam Story

1.0 out of 5 stars Too contrived, 15 May 2013
The story is totally unbelievable. Ridiculous plot based around too many coincidences. A school child attempt at a story.Save your money

Mammoth XT Snore Stopper Clip - Clinically proven to eliminate Snoring
Mammoth XT Snore Stopper Clip - Clinically proven to eliminate Snoring
Offered by Mammoth XT Supplements

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 15 May 2013
Chose this as said really works, had some good reviews, and clearly stated does not come out during the night. It came out during the night and I've not found it since - somewhere in the bedroom but don't know where. The case is good though. Otherwise, don't bother with this product.