Profile for LNT > Reviews

Content by LNT

LNT

Page: 1 | 2
E-PRANCE® New G1W Novatek 2.7" Car Dashcamera Driving Recorder + 1920*1080P 30FPS + G-sensor + Car License Plate + MOV + 140 Degree Wide Angle Lens + Night Vision + H.264 Color Black
Offered by EPRANCE

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of c**p. Connector to cigar lighter is temperamental ..., 27 Jun. 2016
Piece of c**p. Connector to cigar lighter is temperamental so will switch itself off randomly. Figured out how to counter that (blutak) but now the connection just fails. Definitely not worth the money!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2016 8:07 AM BST

Voices of the Foreign Legion: The French Foreign Legion in Its Own Words
Voices of the Foreign Legion: The French Foreign Legion in Its Own Words

5.0 out of 5 stars so have read a lot of autobiographies by Legionnaires - some of which are better than others, 8 Jun. 2016
Not finished reading this yet, but so what, I'm really enjoying reading this book. I read a lot, on many subjects, so have read a lot of autobiographies by Legionnaires - some of which are better than others. This book, being written by an academic rather than a serving soldier is actually very good. This is largely due to the fact that it collects stories from those who served since the Legion began - and also dips into its history. So, it's different, and entertaining. It won't take me too long to get to the end of this book - but decided to share my views early.

Eurous Mens Underwear Thin Ice Silk Trunks Boxer (M, Red)
Eurous Mens Underwear Thin Ice Silk Trunks Boxer (M, Red)
Offered by Eurous clothing&accesories

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought 2 pairs and very satisfied, so bought 3 more, 8 Jun. 2016
Bought 2 pairs and very satisfied, so bought 3 more. And I think I'll buy more each month. Cheap and very comfortable. Girlfriend loves them too.

The Worcester Whisperers: Inspector Ravenscroft
The Worcester Whisperers: Inspector Ravenscroft

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 4 Jun. 2016
Dull and clichéd

Brave Men
Brave Men

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book. Only heard of Mr, 2 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Brave Men (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book. Only heard of Mr. Pyle by watching that old Burgess Meredith film on BBC2. Book far surpasses anything Hollywood can even hint at, not least the author's sense of humour - surprisingly very British (I could imagine Mr. Pyle speaking some of his lines in an English accent and it worked perfectly). And then he turns it around - Chapter 32 is surprisingly intense; and again for the final chapter. This book takes you through the 'ups and downs' of the European campaign during WWII - clearly written by someone who experienced many aspects of it. A very good read.

Cornflakes with Whisky: One career, two lives, one marriage - a real story of community policing and an enduring relationship

5.0 out of 5 stars but this book is a great read, and shows what type of man Les ..., 15 May 2016
I know Les, having worked with him following his retirement from the police, so yes, I'm biased; but this book is a great read, and shows what type of man Les is - professional, friendly, supportive. Working closely with the police for many years, I already had a good insight into their work, including some of the joys and horrors they face on a regular basis. Les' book digs into that, and finds nuggets. And Les being the man he is, happily shares them - in this book. The only negative - you could have added so much more to the story. I was captivated and enjoyed every page - I want more!!!

Abbot's Passion
Abbot's Passion

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it so read all 5 within that week, 14 May 2016
This review is from: Abbot's Passion (Kindle Edition)
Had a weeks leave so read the 2nd of this series. Enjoyed it so read all 5 within that week. Not a masterpiece but good solid, relaxing entertainment with likeable characters (except the evil ones, of course); interesting plots. Good holiday reads.

The Jewish Candidate
The Jewish Candidate

1.0 out of 5 stars I have a pretty good idea how it ends and much of what ..., 14 May 2016
It is very rare that I don't bother to finish a book - probably only two in the last ten years. This is the third. I have a pretty good idea how it ends and much of what happens before then - without finishing it. Too many clichés; some plot errors; two dimensional (and that's me being generous) characters - I really could not go on any further. I'm not sure what book the 5 star reviewers were reading, but it certainly wasn't the book I was trying to read.

Dvd ~ Ernie Hawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn to fly - at least on your guitar neck., 14 Jan. 2016
Ernie Hawkins: The C-A-G-E-D Guitar System Made Easy - Dvd 1 [Region 1] [NTSC]

What can I not say positive about this DVD - and the two following (but to be fair, I've only just finished disc 2 - and I'm really looking forward to starting disc 3). This system is not for an absolute beginner, but I wish I'd come across it after about 6 months playing. I've been 'stuck' on an intermediate level for so so long that I got bored - limited brain power to push myself into an advanced level. Well, this system has just opened the door for me - I've not managed to step through it completely, but it's not been slammed in my face either.

Disc 1 is where you have to work hardest - but it's not that hard if you understand basic music theory (really, just the major scale and how chords are made from it). Once you've done the leg work - familiarising yourself with the guitar neck in practice, the horizon ahead of you is breath taking. Disc 2 takes you by the hand and leads you on that walk to that no longer so distant horizon. But being CAGED, it's not a straight walk - you can stroll, run, waltz, crawl - back and forth - getting to know the whole landscape in detail, and enjoying the little bits of beauty that you suddenly, unexpectedly, discover. Based on this, I wouldn't be surprised if disc 3 teaches me to fly.

77 Picking Exercises for Modern Guitar (Guitar Technique Book 1)
77 Picking Exercises for Modern Guitar (Guitar Technique Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but very challenging, 29 July 2013
I've been playing guitar for a few years and realised I'd never be a 'god'. Spent so much time practicing over and over again and often struggling over certain points. Did rote exercises and got very good at doing them but progress was always slow. This book gives totally new exercises and they do seem to be more appropriate to technique. I'd never heard of these exercises and initially I was thinking 'wtf' but put my mind to them and have already found them very useful (after less than a week). The advice, like filming yourself to see how you get on (and how cool you look) is a good idea. My added advice - close your eyes when doing the exercises; I've found I am much better if I just let my fingers and ears do the work rather than looking at the fretboard.

The only problem I had with the kindle edition is that the notation is very small. I increased the text size but it didn't affect the notation. However, if you ask nicely you will get a pdf edition which is very easy to read.

Definitely recommend - and only costs a few pennies. The pdf and audio downloads make this well worth the money - and you will make progress.

Page: 1 | 2