ARRAY(0xa3494edc)

In the Mood: 17 choral arrangements of classic popular songs
by David Blackwell
Price: 14.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, 27 Feb 2014
This review is premature, because I have not yet got my group of singers together to try the arrangements. But, although the numbers should be great fun, the arrangements are not what I was looking for. This is because the information about them was not complete. I was looking for four-part arrangements, and the information said SATB. Most of these are for many more parts than four, so that my small group of singers will not be able to sing them. Some are accessible, and I look forward to trying them

Epson Expression Home XP-312 All-In-One Printer with Wi-Fi/Epson Connect
Epson Expression Home XP-312 All-In-One Printer with Wi-Fi/Epson Connect
Price: 54.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and easy to use, 22 Nov 2013
I had my previous Epson SX415 a couple of years, but it broke, refusing to print any colour. I chose that, and then this replacement, largely because I wanted better-value cartridge replacement cost (my printer before these was an HP). The XP-312 arrived promptly and was very straightforward to install. It worked wirelessly straight away, and the quality of printing is very good. The paper handling is excellent, with a simple paper path allowing different weights; I have not yet had any paper-handling fault, with ordinary A4, card A4, labels or photo paper A6. Photo paper is cheaper to buy in A4 size, so I guillotine it to produce A6 for most of my pictures. I am a little disappointed that the printer will not print A6 photos without a border, but frankly it's easy enough for me to trim off the border with the guillotine.
Cartridges: I first bought cheap so-called compatible cartridges from Prestige. They did not work. I must say that Prestige were excellent, in helping me to try to get them to work, and, when the printer refused all attempts, in immediately refunding my payment. I then got other compatible cartridges, a bit more expensive that from Prestige but still much less than from Epson, from cartridgesave. These seem to be working well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2014 10:14 AM GMT

Set of 10 Compatible High Yield Ink Cartridges for 18XL Series - T1811-T1814 TWO SETS PLUS TWO T1811 BLACKS (NON OEM)
Offered by Prestige Cartridge
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Check the compatibility, 22 Nov 2013
My printer is a new Epson XP-312. These cartridges arrived very promptly, and I fitted them as soon as the ones supplied with the printer ran out. The printer did not regognise them. I contacted Prestige, who replied very quickly with information about how to fit them, pointing me to a YouTube clip that was comprehensive, and recognised potential compatibility issues. I tried again, but the printer resolutely refused to accept them. The service from Prestige was first class, and they immediately refunded my payment. So a very good company to deal with, but not accurate information about the compatibility of these particular cartridges and printer. I hope Prestige will find cartridges that are compatible, and in the meantime update the compatibility listing for this printer. I have since found - a bit more expensive - compatible cartridges, supplied by cartridgesave.

E14 to GU10 Lamp Light Bulb Base Socket Converter Adaptor
E14 to GU10 Lamp Light Bulb Base Socket Converter Adaptor
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful accessory, 27 Sep 2013
My daughter had two light brackets in her kitchen, each with three E14 (small screw) flourescent lamps. They gave adequate light. Using four of these adapters, the kitchen light has been transformed - all three lights in one bracket, at the cooking end, have been replaced by 5W LEDs, giving great working light - and one light in the other bracket, at the dining end, has been replaced by a 5W LED, giving brighter light but still retaining warmth from the existing flourescents. A very good result. The adapters are trivially easy to install.

Sogatel - Skype compatible USB cordless internet phone - Windows 7, Vista, XP
Sogatel - Skype compatible USB cordless internet phone - Windows 7, Vista, XP
Offered by premier-express
Price: 59.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Less than entirely reliable, 26 Sep 2013
Skype phone rates are reasonable, and a significant saving over my landline for daytime calls. I have used it successfully a few times. The signal between base and handset is not very strong, and it doesn't work reliably in downstairs rooms in my house (the base is upstairs). I tried it this morning, and it seems not to have retained its battery charge. Mixed results so far.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2013 2:09 PM BST

FoxHunter 8FT Trampoline Set Includes Safety Net Enclosure worth 49.99 All Weather Cover worth 19.99 TUV GS EN-71 CE Certified RRP 299.99 Total Saving 180 Off the Package No Ladder
Offered by KMS Distributions LTD
Price: 119.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family fun, 26 Sep 2013
Bought this for my daughter's daughters, aged 6 and 9, and their friends. It was easy to assemble, and has been much used. A great success.

NY-321 1NO 1NC Sump Pumping Liquid Level Controller Hanging Float Switch AC 110V-240V
Offered by sourcingmap
Price: 12.41

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough information, 26 Sep 2013
I want a switch for backing up the pump in my cellar. The one fitted has been very reliable, but if there were a power failure for more than a few hours, or if my pump fails, I would like to have a battery backup. I have the battery, charger and pump. Now I just need a switch. There are lots of float switches, but all I have seen so far either have almost no deadband or have two separate switches for a top and bottom level. What I want is a switch that switches on at the top and off at the bottom. This switch seemed as though it might have a suitable adjustment, as it has two floats. But there is not enough information about it in the on-line description. I took a punt, as it was not too costly. It probably will not do what I want. But the most disappointing thinkg is that there are no instructions with the product. I contacted the company, asking whether there should have been instructions, and, if so, to send them to me. I have had no reply. Very poor service!

Merchant Gourmet Dried Puy Lentils 500 g (Pack of 6)
Merchant Gourmet Dried Puy Lentils 500 g (Pack of 6)
Price: 16.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Why buy these online?, 26 Sep 2013
I tried all the supermarkets nearby, and I expected that at least Waitrose would have Puy lentils. But no. Hence my order. The delivery was fairly prompt, and the quality seems fine. Six packs seems a lot, but they should keep long enough. The price seems quite fair.

Silverline 395020 Monobloc Back Nut Tap Spanner 8/9, 9/11, 10/11, 12/13mm
Silverline 395020 Monobloc Back Nut Tap Spanner 8/9, 9/11, 10/11, 12/13mm
Price: 5.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective product, 19 July 2013
There is a good range of sizes, and one fits my kitchen mixer tap. They are long enough to fit quite easily with sufficient access to turn. Good value, because they work.

15 Water Filter Cartridges (classic, non-refillable) Aqua Select, Brita* classic
Offered by Aqua Select UK Ltd.
Price: 20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value yet, 19 July 2013
They fit my old Brita classic jug. I have so far used just one, and it is lasting well. It seems to be as good as the Brita originals. And the price is excellent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3