Profile for FionaC > Reviews

Content by FionaC

FionaC

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bleed a River Deep (Inspector Devlin Mystery 3)
Bleed a River Deep (Inspector Devlin Mystery 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Irish crime writing, 22 Aug 2012
I've only discovered Brian McGilloway's Inspector Devlin series this summer. They are really good, not quite the complexity of Ian Rankin or darkness of Peter James, but they are an authentic, well written and consuming read. Helpful to read them in order - I'm a definite fan and look forward to more.

Rumours and Red Roses
Rumours and Red Roses

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to read another of her books, 22 Aug 2012
I've read many of Patricia Fawcett's books over the years and they always draw me in. To be fair, this isn't my favourite, but it didn't disappoint and I wish that more were available on kindle so that other readers could enjoy reading her. If you like Nina Bell then I definitely recommend. Perfect holiday, wet weekend or anytime reading.

SEBO 5093ER Box of 8 Filter Bags
SEBO 5093ER Box of 8 Filter Bags

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class service, 13 Jun 2011
I ordered Sebo vacuum cleaner bags - 2nd time of ordering from this supplier. Pricing is really competitive and the delivery was pretty much next business day. Takes all the hassle away from ensuring I've always got a supply in stock.
Definitely recommended.

Before I Knew You
Before I Knew You
by Amanda Brookfield

3.0 out of 5 stars Deep Waters, 21 Mar 2011
This review is from: Before I Knew You (Paperback)
Amanda Brookfield strays into darker waters in this latest publication. Although there's a connection with more familiar territory, and it's skillfully written, I didn't particularly care about any of the key characters. As with all her books, it is well crafted and, of course, I enjoyed it enough to finish - but a bleaker read than normal from this writer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2011 8:36 AM GMT

The Calling of the Grave
The Calling of the Grave
by Simon Beckett

4.0 out of 5 stars Back on form, 21 Mar 2011
On great form with protagonist Dr David Hunter: forensic detail, back history, atmospheric location, tension - good holiday/wet weekend/anytime read. You do need to have read the first 2 books in the series to get the most from it. I wasn't a huge fan of the 3rd, but this makes up for it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3