Profile for F. Morgan > Reviews

Content by F. Morgan

F. Morgan "Music Fan"

GOOQ Vertical Design Stand Charger Cradle Micro USB Charging Dock for Pebble Time Smart Watch
Offered by 520X.M.

1.0 out of 5 stars Died on me - Warranty only 1 month, 27 April 2016
When I got this, it was fantastic. Sadly, as another reviewer has pointed out, within 2-3 months, it also died on me. Problem seems to be the USB connection which develops a loose connection.

And of course when I went to check on the warranty, I realised it was only for 1 month. Surprised me and guess that says a lot about the quality.

iWonow 22mm Stainless Steel Watchband Smart Watch Band Strap Bracelet Replacement for Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 R381 R382 R380, Motorola Moto 360 2 Gen 46mm 2015 Smartwatch (2nd Butterfly 22mm Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 23 Feb. 2016
Nice looking band though I had a very hard time removing the links. May just have been my unit. Seller kindly offered a replacement but I managed to get it out in the end.

Sport Bluetooth 4.1 Noise Cancelling Magnetic Adsorption Headset SOLEMEMO Wireless Stereo Exercise In-Ear Headphone Earphone Earbud with 160 hours super-long standby time with Microphone Support Handsfree and Remote Photograph
Offered by YHstore UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but 2 problems..., 18 Sept. 2015
So the earphones are pretty good for the price. I have a number of bluetooth headphones (Beats, Bose, and cheaper variants) and I can't fault the sound quality and construction build with these. The packaging is Beats inspired and does suggest quality.

My 3 stars relates to two particularly annoying issues. The first is that while you get 3 sizes for the earpieces that go on the end and into your ear, you also get two ear contour pieces that also fit the device (you can see one of them in the photo - the little black piece jutting out. Well amazingly, they only come in ONE size. For me the first one was too small and straight away the earphones weren't staying in my ear. The second one (for outdoor use as per the instructions) is a little better but still on the small side. I've bought cheaper earphones than these and the ear contour pieces always comes in different sizes.

The second issue is the length of time it takes to power these one. It takes me approximately 10 or more seconds of holding down the power button to get these running. I'm assuming this isn't a defect in my earphones. I'd expect maybe 3 or 4 seconds to power on like most bluetooth devices but 10 is way too long. Powering off is quicker taking about 5-7 seconds but these issues do take away some of the sparkle from what are otherwise a pretty good value pair of earphones.

UPDATE Dec 2015
Thought I'd give a few extra thoughts given I've had these earphones for some time now. My points above remain, I've simply stuck with the largest contour earpiece of the two and I probably get away with using it & tends on the whole to stay in my ear. Having said that, not so sure it would stay in with a vigorous run. But that aside, I've come to really love these headphones. They are incredibly comfortable if like me, you can't stand the wave of earphones that need to fit about 1 inch into your ear.

Build quality is also superb for the money. They look stylish and at first I was worried they would look huge sticking out but it's not so noticeable.They have decent LED's which show charging and the battery lasts for days (weeks even if not used).

Lastly, the sound is also fantastic. Don't believe those who say different. It's hard to differentiate quality earphones at this small footprint but they are easily on a par with far pricier sets I have bought. The issue with the power on remains, its pretty frustrating but you simply get used to it.

A couple of tweaks and this product could easily be a 5 star best seller in its price category. For me anyway, certainly the best pair of earphones you can get at this price point.

Zotac Z-Box Plus Mini PC Dual Core with 2 Year Warranty
Zotac Z-Box Plus Mini PC Dual Core with 2 Year Warranty

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb HTPC, 15 Feb. 2011
Been looking for an easy to use compact HTPC to run XBMC for a while and said I'd take a gamble with the Zotac Z-Box Plus. Price wise it's not going to get much cheaper than this unless you actually build one up. The 'plus' part of the Z-box outlines this comes with a 250gb hard drive and 2mb of ram. The device comes with everything you need for a HTPC including HDMI, optical out, 5 usb ports (one at the front of the device) etc.

I installed Windows 7 via USB and this picked up all the drivers for the device without any problems.

XBMC installed and plays back no hassle, menus smooth and responsive. 1080p playback via the NVIDIA card is flawless.

Got myself one of the Windows Media Centre remotes off ebay and this can turn the device on and off (goes into sleep mode) from the comfort of my couch.

So all in all, here's one very happy customer!

World in Union 2007 20 Rugby Anthems
World in Union 2007 20 Rugby Anthems
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Jarre, 9 Dec. 2007
Never had as much trouble finding the music for when the players walked out at the 2007 Rugby World Cup!

But anyway, it's Industrial Revolution Part 2 by the City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. You can find it on "The Symphonic Jean-michel Jarre" on Amazon.