Profile for Mut1ey > Reviews

Content by Mut1ey

Mut1ey

Page: 1 | 2
Multi Purpose S.S Scissors (Kitchen Shears) Metal Handled (Silver)
Multi Purpose S.S Scissors (Kitchen Shears) Metal Handled (Silver)
Offered by Red House Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality., 26 July 2015
Brilliant. These are solid, well made good quality. Yes, they are made in China, which is why they cost less than a tenner, as opposed to £30. The handles will not split or snap, unlike the many pairs of plastic handled ones I have owned. And of course these can be separated for cleaning and sharpening.

The David McCandless Collection
The David McCandless Collection
by David McCandless

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented information., 12 Feb. 2015
What great idea's for how to present multi-faceted information. Maybe I am biased as I have a preference for visual information, but these books present vast amounts of information in just one or a few pages. Brilliant.

Herban Cowboy Dusk Cologne 50 ml
Herban Cowboy Dusk Cologne 50 ml
Offered by OTCFORYOU

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and natural!, 12 Feb. 2015
On my skin this has great longevity, 4 hours plus and most importantly a really nice smell! I took a chance on this as I could not find anywhere or anyway to sample it first. Being natural was a big draw for me so I took the plunge and am very glad I did. Note that is isn't branded as organic. The smell is quite sweet - and as I am not a "nose" I can't identify the components. There is no sharpness to any of the fragrance notes - maybe this would be classed as a gourmand oriental. In any case I like it. Synthetic fragrances I have owned over the years, that may help you decide if you would like this (no guarantees!) are: Zino, Bel Ami, Drakkar Noir, Polo, Joop, Jazz, Eternity and Potion.

Edexcel GCSE Computer Science Student Book
Edexcel GCSE Computer Science Student Book
by Steve Cushing

4.0 out of 5 stars You can't expect a broad non-physical science to boil down to a few soundbites!, 12 Feb. 2015
I'm basing my review on the preview available. I don't yet own the book, however I probably will, once I confirm exam board. I have a bachelors degree in Computer Science and am looking at study guides for my son. The chapters and topics seem well structured and the excerpt I read was very well put together. To write all the topics in a single guide must have been a real challenge. Yes, if you want to go into depth of course you would have to look elsewhere - but that is not the purpose of this book - it is to distill the key points "as much as possible" and it appears to me that the author has done a very good job.

Crudigno Organic Sesame Seed Oil 250 ml (Pack of 3)
Crudigno Organic Sesame Seed Oil 250 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality., 2 Sept. 2014
Having compared this brand to a non-organic, raw and plastic bottled one, I see no contest. A mild and nutty taste and all the better for being organic and in glass bottles.

Bang and Olufsen Limited Edition BeoPlay Form 2i Headphones - Black
Bang and Olufsen Limited Edition BeoPlay Form 2i Headphones - Black
Offered by Ecomtrading

5.0 out of 5 stars I am genuinely amazed by these headphones, 2 Sept. 2014
I am genuinely amazed by these headphones. One of the things that attracted me is that they don't clamp onto your ears; they just rest lightly. They have a ball joint on each ear unit which allows it to adjust perfectly to how "sticky out" your ears are - and mine stick out a fair bit. The only downside to the relaxed fit is you can't be dancing around and expect them to stay on. I compared the sound from my Cowon D2 player, flac (lossless) format music across jazz, dance, dubstep, and heavy metal with my Klipsch X11i and much to my surprise preferred these headphones. The bass is deep enough for this self confessed bass-head. The Klipsch certainly have a deeper and stronger bass, but these headphones are just cleaner and more balanced to my ear. You can't take them on your travels though as they are "open" backed, and they don't fold up. However for listening at home to crystal clear, balanced and effortless sound, I can't fault these.

Black + Blum Charcoal Filter Water Bottle, Blue
Black + Blum Charcoal Filter Water Bottle, Blue
Offered by black+blum - Official

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect the charcoal to position perfectly, 18 Aug. 2013
Well, I reserve judgement so for. I spent over 20 mins trying to get the charcoal to position snuggly in the middle protuberance and being cognisant of the reviewer who split the bottle, I stopped when it was held in place securely, after about the fifth attempt, although it is not completely "snug". I can see how the bottle could split after many squeezes. I am a little reluctant to rave about the item, given that it has a natural core - the charcoal, BUT the other areas in contact with the water are a plastic bottle and a rubber cap. The cap is topped by cork, but that is not in contact with the water. Also, note that the effect is not really there until 4 hours plus! So forget topping this bottle with water and then drinking within the hour. You can do this, but it is "besser"/ "best" to leave the water for four hours or longer until the charcoal stick has done it's job! I reserve judgement for now. All the talk about the water tasting better I have yet to experience.

**Update: Feb 2015: the water really does taste better, so I am a big fan and have two of these now. I noticed recently that Black and Blum produce a larger glass carafe, which is great, but you can't affix the charcoal stick. This is probably why BPA Free plastic is used on this. There is another advantage of the plastic bottle and that is weight if you take it out and about with you, and also if you happen to drop it.

Corsair CMFVYGT3-64GB Flash Voyager GT USB 3.0 64GB USB Flash Drive
Corsair CMFVYGT3-64GB Flash Voyager GT USB 3.0 64GB USB Flash Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Note: much bigger than than earlier GT models, 23 April 2012
I own a 16gb and a 32gb USB2 Flash Voyager GT and am very happy with everything about them. I ordered this 64gb version, and either it is the bigger capacity, or the fact that it is USB3, or both, that means that it is one third the length again. Width seems pretty similar, but it is significantly longer (10cm vs 7.5cm with caps on). Although this is not a problem it was a surprise given that there is no size difference between the 16 and 32 I already owned. However, size apart, this one is USB3, and given the lightening speed of my other models, I am expecting even better performance.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2012 9:27 AM BST

An Introduction to GCC
An Introduction to GCC
by Richard M Stallman

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good "introduction", clear and concise, 23 Jun. 2010
This review is from: An Introduction to GCC (Paperback)
For me this book has provided exactly what I wanted: an introduction. I needed to decipher a program written in C, and it's associated Make file with all the gcc options. Trying to find anything on-line that could help me quickly was an impossible task quite frankly. Time is precious, and I did not want to waste hours and hours pouring over snippets from forums and the like. The GCC official manual, also online, was totally useless for introduction - a manual maybe, but not an introduction. So this book helped me, and quickly. It is not a big, thick book. As I travel a great deal I appreciate a book that has all the basic information I want in a SLIM package. No, it trades quality, for quantity. The simple HelloWorld program is a great device as you can follow along in practical terms, too. My only criticism would be that the font is a bit old fashioned, but I don't really care about that - for me this has been a great help in solving the problem I was facing and for that I commend the author and publisher and award it 5 shiny stars!

Essential German Grammar (Essential Language Grammars)
Essential German Grammar (Essential Language Grammars)
by Martin Durrell

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful, 21 Jun. 2009
I spent 9 months working in Germany, recently. Not ever having studied German before I found that this was the one resource that I kept going back to in my attempts to teach myself the language. I tried various other avenues to learn the language, various teach-yourself courses - but they all just seemed to give "stock" phrases. I did not find them nearly as helpful as this book. It is very clear and easy to follow. It starts at the fundamental level in each chapter - never assuming you know anything - and goes on to explain in simple terms the concepts required.

Page: 1 | 2