Profile for A. Kinder > Reviews

Content by A. Kinder

A. Kinder "UltraHawg03" (Detroit, MI, USA)

Inhuman Rampage [Parental Advisory]
Inhuman Rampage [Parental Advisory]
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD. Love it or hate it, I guess., 14 Sept. 2006
I bought the CD immediately after seeing their video on the US headbangers ball . The meet all the pre-requisites for a band that I like, in no particular order:
Long Hair. Check. Hate the bands with shaved heads or corporate haircuts. It's metal. You need long hair. Period.
Great vocals. Check. I can understand them and he has great range. No gargling with broken glass and clorox while growling an unintelligible mess. Most bands now sound like cats trying to clear a hairball for 4 minutes.
Fast guitars. Check.Check. In spades.
Interesting lyrics. Check. Okay, I'm 38 but I still like the sword and sorcery stuff anyway. (I must admit I do own some Manowar CDs, Nightfall in Middle Earth is one of my fave Blind Guardian disks).
Great hooks. Check. Lots of them on this record.

In summary, yes, like any metal group with one singer you are going to start to sound alike after a couple albums. This is my first one from them, so I am not bored yet. I've listed to it about half a dozen times now over the last few days and I still like it. My 11 year old son also likes it, can't say if that is a good or bad thing.

Dragonforce is coming to Detroit in 10 days, I plan to be in the front row!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2014 8:24 PM GMT