Profile for Timijan > Reviews

Timijan

Born To Die - The Paradise Edition
Born To Die - The Paradise Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Divine sound by the Goddess herself, 12 Nov 2012
Lana is seriously the best artist out there at the moment. She might have gained some of her fame for all the wrong reasons, but this album proves that people are very wrong about her and that she's very misunderstood artist - but artist nevertheless. Born To Die: The Paradise Edition includes all 15 songs from the deluxe edition of Born To Die, plus 8 brand news songs. With those eight songs, Lana proves her talent in making music that's fresh to the ear, and faithful to it's preceding album Born To Die. My favorite song is Body Electric, because I think that Lana describes exactly how she feels about herself in that song. The song is very beautiful and very dramatic and it talks about how many times we lie about out true feelings, the "put a smile on your face while you're bleeding within" thing. Gods And Monsters is also very powerful song, and I think it talks about Lana's relationship with God, and her living on the wild side of life. Bel Air is also a great one, and it's last on the album because I think it gives some kind of a "hope sound" (as I like to call it), and I think it's probably the song that people here while they go towards heaven's door (if there is heaven, that is), filling us with hope that we will be reunited one way or the other with the people who mean something to us. All on all, I give this album 5 of 5, and I praise Lana Del Rey's talent and creativity. I've read somewhere that she said that she wouldn't make anymore music, and I hope that that's not true, because if she stops making music, the world will lose one of the greatest artist that ever lived!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2012 1:45 PM GMT

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy
by J.K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars The Queen is back, 27 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Casual Vacancy (Hardcover)
Okay, because a lot of people found my first review "not to the point", because I complained about Amazon's service and because they tricked me into pre-ordering the book (which was not dispatched on the day it should have) I got the Kindle version, and this is review of the actual book!

I just finished the first part and I must say: WOW! The Queen is back because that's what Rowling is - a effing Queen of the written word. She managed with only the first couple of chapters to paint a picture of what it's like to be in Pagford. She have proven one more time the master of creating believable characters, and although some of them have pretty tricky names for me to remember, I get the idea and the liaisons between them of this beautifully structured plot. Rowling knows her job, that's for sure!

I'm sure I'll finish the book before getting the actual printed version, but I will write yet another review once I'm done. This one is just to improve the average rating of the book so people are not discouraged into purchasing probably one of the best comical tragedies written in the last couple of years. Long live Queen Rowling!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales (Wordsworth Library Collection)
Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales (Wordsworth Library Collection)
by Gebrüder Grimm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 12 Nov 2011
I'm very pleased I purchased this book. I've always been a huge fan of the Brothers Grimm and their work, and browsing through Amazon I found this beautiful and book. The book arrived extremely fast (for just 3 days and I live in Macedonia) and was in excellent condition. I know that this is a place where you write reviews about products, not about the author or the book, so I'm just going to say that this book is definitely worth buying! The binding is fantastic, the cover as well and the paper quality is suburb. The font is very pleasing and readable for everyone, and the images are very clear and placed very properly. So, if you're fan of great fairy tales and books with superb quality, that this one's for you! I've noticed that there are other good books by Wordsworth Library Collections, so I'll be coming back on Amazon any time soon, for purchasing more great quality books. Thank you, Amazon!
Comment Comment | Permalink