Profile for Ella Mason > Reviews

Content by Ella Mason

Ella Mason (Cheltenham, UK)

Sherlock: Chronicles
Sherlock: Chronicles
by Steve Tribe

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Sherlock: Chronicles (Hardcover)
Perfect condition, high quality content, perfect for a Sherlock lover

Moleskine Soft Cover Khaki Beige Pocket Dotted Notebook
Moleskine Soft Cover Khaki Beige Pocket Dotted Notebook

4.0 out of 5 stars but in perfect condition, soft to touch with good quality pages, 31 Dec. 2014
Smaller than expected, but in perfect condition, soft to touch with good quality pages. Ink does seep through slightly, but was to be expected.

Glee - Season 2 [DVD]
Glee - Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lea Michele

4.0 out of 5 stars Too much and too little, 23 July 2011
This review is from: Glee - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
The second season of two was in my opinion, better than the first. I haven't before been excited by Glee, but i was this year. Overall, i really did enjoy the series, the brief hiatus did annoy me, as did the time it was shown at, but that not my point. I really moved with the characters, some i disliked more than others and some didn't have their time to shine. Here are the good and bad points.

Good=
+ Kurt's story-line: I was really pleased with Kurt this season. I felt that he progressed more as a character and seemed to have more of a "personality" than the first season. I was ECSTATIC when Blaine appeared because i fell in love with Darren Criss via Starkid, and i completely loved his character. I was slightly confused by Burt's "sudden" heart attack, but i think that helped to show Kurt's emotions more. He had a good part, but i felt that Rachel stole some of Kurt's limelight, as i wanted to know the ins and outs of 'Klaine's' relationship (I am a obsessed Klaine supporter).
+ The Warblers: I LOVED that The Warblers were in Glee this season, it brought a whole new feel of music to the show and i fell in love with their handsome and polite, boarding school boy attitude. Yes they did steal the light a little, and i hate to say it, but it did turn into 'Blaine and the pips', but overall, i loved it, and to be honest, its the main reason why i watched Glee, that and Klaine.
+ The relationships: This season brought a whole new wave of relationships, breakups and makeups were a big feature. I was so proud of the newly formed 'Samcedes' at the season's finale. But i wish i saw more of the Artie, Britanni, Tina, Mike and Santanna love pentagon. Finchel/Fuinn was too out there and i was bored by the first couple of episodes. They were either apart or together with the utterly show stealing Rachel, Finn and Quinn love triangle. I really liked the Emma and Will relationship last season, but it felt the show writer lagged this season where it felt fake.

Bad=
+ Finn/Rachel/Quinn: just basically what i said above.
+ Over/under-focused characters: I was really disappointed by the lack of spec focused on some of the minor characters. I was seriously annoyed about not knowing anything about Mercedes, I want to know more about Artie, Tina and Mike. I like the Santanna and Britanni relationship, but i felt that its not as strong as others. I really wanted to know more about Blaine. I love this character and i missed him when he wasn't popping up in episodes. I loved Sams story twist as he was slightly under-covered but i think that no more can come out of him, apart from his relationship with Mercedes which i am hoping for in season 3. Also i want more Holly Holiday!
+Confusing plot lines: some of the plot lines cooked up confused and belittled me. Some strong and important plots were concluded in half an hour, and i was really disappointed. They became frustrating and basically un-excusable

Overall, i did love this season. I didn't buy the first one as i wasn't a strong watcher, but i am definitely going to buy this season. Mainly for Klaine and the utterly hilarious original songs. I would recommend buying it, but if you can't commit, i would just watch the episodes online. I hope that season 3 can clean up mistakes and enhance the under focused characters. Amazing, but not perfect.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2011 5:57 PM BST

Manga Moods: 40 Faces + 80 Phrases: 40 Faces and 80 Phrases
Manga Moods: 40 Faces + 80 Phrases: 40 Faces and 80 Phrases
by Saori Takarai

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to have it!, 2 Jan. 2010
I was at a friends house who simply loves manga and is brilliant at drawing it when i came across this little book on her desk. Once i flicked through it i just had to have it! another friend brought the same book and one of my best friends sister got one too and i was like "i need one of these books or my art will suffer!"

It just arrived and i wasn't surprised at the size as i had flicked through it before but its just so amazing

i carry it with me all the time, its really useful for art and i just love it to bits

***** stars! you just have to have it!

(By the way i am 14 ;) )