Profile for Gerald > Reviews

Freedom... Is More Than Just a Seven-Letter Word
Freedom... Is More Than Just a Seven-Letter Word
by of the Chapman family Veronica

1.0 out of 5 stars What tosh, 21 May 2013
You need to read this book to see just what kind of trouble you could get into. The author contradicts him/herself throughout he book ie:- "Do exactly as i have written and it will work for you". But its always followed by "if it doesn't seek normal help or word along those lines.
We all know that we are not really free. We all know we get a national insurance number when we are 16 because our parents register our births. But if this is not done we would not be entitled to medical care at any age as we would not exist. Unless maybe like the author you have that much money you can go private.
I enjoyed reading the book but i think its tongue in cheek and also the ability of the author to write is verging on child like.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2013 7:25 PM BST

True Loves
True Loves

2.0 out of 5 stars 8o's Throw Back, 16 Mar 2012
This review is from: True Loves (Audio CD)
I found this cd a throw back to the 80's except the 80's were far superior.
This sounded like a band trying to be like "Tears for Fears".
Unfortunately it does not work.
If anyone decides they like this cd then i suggest you dig out some old Tears for Fears records/cd's and listen to a far superior sound than this. I also found the tracks short and with only 10 on the cd a bit poor for a debut release. I think this is one that will go to the back of the cupboard.

Our Version of Events
Our Version of Events
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all., 21 Feb 2012
This review is from: Our Version of Events (Audio CD)
Not sure what i expected but was pleasantly surprised.
I do think however this lady can belt out a lot more than is on offer to date.
Bigger and louder next time please.

Uni Pin Drawing Pens,  Pack of 5 Assorted Tip Sizes, Black Ink
Uni Pin Drawing Pens, Pack of 5 Assorted Tip Sizes, Black Ink

3.0 out of 5 stars Scratchy, 24 Dec 2011
I have never used uni pens before as i am a great fan of faber's, i found the very fine ends to be very scratchy on the paper. I think i will stick with my usual brand in the future.

Derwent Big Book A4 Hard Back Sketch Book, Wire Bound Spine, 86 Sheets of Perforated Acid Free 110gsm Paper

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 Dec 2011
The weight and texture of the paper is very good also its just perfect in size and will easily go into a bag. Will definately buy again.

Living with Books Large Address Book
Living with Books Large Address Book
by CICO Books
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Found one at last, 24 Dec 2011
I found this address book to be perfect in size. All others i looked at were either too big or too small, or covered in flowers!!!!

Antonio Puig Quorum Eau de Toilette - 100 ml
Antonio Puig Quorum Eau de Toilette - 100 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit lame, 13 Dec 2011
I used Quorum for many years until it disappeared from the shops.
I purchased a bottle from Amazon but was disappointed. The smell was for use of a better word limp. Very dull and faded very quickly.
I gave it to my 12 year old nephew. He loved it.
I think i'll stop living in the past as Quorum seems to be well past its sell by date.