Profile for robin hamilton > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Harry Potter - Films 1-7 Box Set [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Harry Potter - Films 1-7 Box Set [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars HP in HD. Good value if you've upgraded your TV/Blu-ray player, 29 July 2011
Very pleased with these. We had many of the films (not movies, I'm British) on DVD however these blu-ray look great on our recently upgraded TV and Blu-ray player. OK so you could always wait to get all 8 in one box but life's too short and I recommend seeing the first 7 again before going to see the eighth! Already seen deathly hallows pt2? watch all these then go and see it again :o)

Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse 3000
Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse 3000
Offered by Flogit2us

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too big, not too small. the 'Goldilocks' mouse, 29 July 2011
I travel a lot and if there's one thing that I cannot stand it's having to use huge mice with over-long leads. I've tried wireless mice and the batteries are always a hassle. I love this mouse, the only issue is that the leads seem to give up after a year or so. I'm on my third one so it's cannot bug me that much! A good choice if you travel a lot.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2011 8:58 AM BST

IBRA® 5m High Speed PLATINUM Range 1.4 HDMI Cable 3D 2160p 4K Ultra HD
IBRA® 5m High Speed PLATINUM Range 1.4 HDMI Cable 3D 2160p 4K Ultra HD
Offered by HD ZONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value HDMI, IMHO. Very pleased, 29 July 2011
I've just move to a HD TV and realised that I needed three long HDMI cables. I'm also using 3D so wanted something decent without spending silly amounts of money. These cables are great! No isses whatsoever and they have a quality 'feel' about them. You could buy three of these for less than one long cable at a high-street retailer. Recommended :o)

YKS 	 KRONE Type IDC Punch Down Tool Telephone/Cat5 Insertion
YKS KRONE Type IDC Punch Down Tool Telephone/Cat5 Insertion
Offered by Mestall (Ship from HongKong)

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap 'n nasty, 29 July 2011
I was not expecting much for this price point and was not disappointed! You get what you pay for so I should have known. Not recommended.

Jane Austen 6-book Boxed Set: "Emma", "Pride and Prejudice", "Sense and Sensibility", "Persuasion", "Mansfield Park" and "Northanger Abbey" (Collector's Library)
by Jane Austen

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchase only if you read with a magnifying glass, 4 Jun 2010
I am sure all of the reviews here are correct when it comes to the Jane Austen's prose. Unfortunately these volumes are only 3/4 scale and after getting through the first couple of pages of the of Northanger Abbey the thought of reading the entire volume made me return them. I have since bought the books individually. As someone who reads a lot I am not a fan of oversized hardbacks or 'airport volumes' however the size of the font used in these books is simply too small. Eagle-eyed readers only.

Asado Grill Instant BBQ Stand
Asado Grill Instant BBQ Stand
Offered by Heritage Home and Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars A (medium) rare find; well done!, 4 Jun 2010
This review is from: Asado Grill Instant BBQ Stand
The sort of gadget you are not sure if you need until you own one. Disposable BBQs may have wire legs don't but anyone can see that these are like ballerina legs with a rugby player balanced on top so using portable BBQs is always a hassle, trying not to scorch grass, finding a level surface and trying to manoeuvre burgers around without the whole shebang collapsing takes skill, patience and asbestos hands.

This product is great; takes a couple of mins to assemble (4 bolts) and has fitted disposable BBQs bought from three different places so far (I was not sure of they were a standard size, it seems so). We use ours when boating and it's been a great find.Recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2011 5:40 PM BST

Logitech R400 Wireless Presenter
Logitech R400 Wireless Presenter
Offered by MaRs

5.0 out of 5 stars Even more PowerPoint-tastic, 9 Feb 2010
One of those devices that once you own you cannot imagine how you managed without one. I used the older model for a couple of years and it worked faultlessly every time, the new model is a much more organic shape and just as good (though if you want a countdown timer go for the pro model). The buttons are nice and large so you don't have to look at the control to use it, the 'black' button is really useful if you walk in front of the screen or want everyone's attention and I am yet to run out of range. A well-designed bit of kit just made even nicer.

Typhoon Pantone Tea Towels, Set of 3, Olive
Typhoon Pantone Tea Towels, Set of 3, Olive

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice indeed, 9 Feb 2010
If you are collecting the Pantone mugs these compliment them nicely. I thought I would only ever buy tea towels for aged aunts however these proved me wrong They have hanging tags too which is a nice touch. Recommended.

Dr. Seuss's Beginner Book Collection
Dr. Seuss's Beginner Book Collection
by Dr Seuss

5.0 out of 5 stars You would like them in a boat, you would like them with a goat, 9 Feb 2010
In the computer age it's great to see these wonderful 'I can read it all by myself' books are still available. The collection comprises Green Eggs and Ham, Hop on Pop, Fox in Socks, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and (of course) The Cat in the Hat. These books are going to last so the hardcovers are worth having.

I bought this set for my nieces and they loved them. I had forgotten how much I loved these books and how wonderful the world of Seuss is. The illustrations are still lovely and the only thing that could have made this collection even better would had been the inclusion of Are You My Mother? Recommended!I'm off to read about the tweetle beetle bottle puddle paddle battle muddle...

Love & War
Love & War

5.0 out of 5 stars A real find, 9 Feb 2010
This review is from: Love & War (MP3 Download)
Some albums take a while to 'get into' and you love them forever, others feature a just a few standout tracks. This is an excellent album right from the first play,from start to finish. Daniel's voice is warm and soulful, the production part-modern, part modern - part retro is easy on the ear. I had heard the singles on the radio and having taken the plunge I think this album is a real find; a mix of styles with a soulful backbone, very highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3