Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "The Suitable Mouth" (Downpatrick, NI)

D.I.Y
D.I.Y
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Look what they've become!, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: D.I.Y (MP3 Download)
Great to hear Miss Abbott singing Heaton lyrics again - what a great little pop tune!! Fantastic comeback and I'm really looking forward to hearin the whole album!!

The Ladder's Bottom Rung
The Ladder's Bottom Rung
Price: 0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of the Ladder, 10 Oct 2010
Great track from Mr Heaton, Paul sings about faith and how dearly those with it hold to it. Great track! But there are even better on the album Acid Country from which this is taken!

Angelcare Nappy Disposal System Refill Cassettes (Pack of 3)
Angelcare Nappy Disposal System Refill Cassettes (Pack of 3)
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab idea and easy to use, 28 Jun 2009
Dubbed an environmental product, you'll apparently be sending less plastic to landfill - I'm all for these little gems because they're so handy, and they cover up those embarassing smells the little ones can produce!

Excellent stuff!

My only criticism would be that they could be langer lasting.

Little Red Rooster
Little Red Rooster
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Hints of the South, 8 Dec 2008
This review is from: Little Red Rooster (MP3 Download)
Paul Heaton has been horribly overlooked since his band, The Beautiful South, split in 2007. This from the album "The Crosseyed Rambler" was already a standout track - now, with this new remix it's authentic Heaton.

Gaze
Gaze

4.0 out of 5 stars The South Spit It All Out, 28 Oct 2003
This review is from: Gaze (Audio CD)
I didn't really know what to expect from The Beautiful South when rumours of this new album began. Would there be a shift in direction now that Paul Heaton has a baby girl, would he be more optimistic? Slightly. The music is probably superior to their last studion album (PIR), the lyrics as poetic as ever but it's harder to pick stand out tracks. Why? Because they all stand out.
If I had to choose I'd go with the beautifully crafted The Gates, the hilarious 101% Man and their next single Let Go With The Flow should be radio friendly enough to generate a top 20 hit.
Great Album, nice new music

Welcome To The Beautiful South
Welcome To The Beautiful South
Price: 5.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to.. this band's best!, 21 Jan 2003
A magnificent album - this is the first long player from The Beautiful South. The production quality is raw, there is a great edge to it and itholds some of the best work the band have ever done - including their best ever "Woman In The Wall" with guitar and percussion that wouldn't sound out of place on Paul Simon's Graceland!
Song For Whoever gets a wonderful extended play here and the album version of I'll Sail This Ship Alone is also better!
Hilarious, moving, violent and political - this album has it all!!!
Welcome to really did introduce us to the new "Lennon and McCartney"!!!

The Beautiful South : Munch - Our Hits [DVD] [Region 1] [NTSC] [2002]
The Beautiful South : Munch - Our Hits [DVD] [Region 1] [NTSC] [2002]
Dvd ~ Beautiful South
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Solid bunch of Promos, 10 Sep 2002
It's a shame, what with the capabilities of the new DVD technology, that Universal saw fit to release a Beautiful South compilation without any features!
However - Solid is a collection that no fan of the South can be without - it REALLY is definitave. EVERY single (all 27) is featured on this Collection - those with no promo video get a live acoustic outing!
A great chance then to see the less famous videos for Liar's Bar, Closer Than Most, Pretenders To The Throne et al.
Some of the cleverest videos will appeal to almost anyone from Song For Whoever to Dumb. I know which DVD in my collection will be played on repeat mode for weeks!
Absolutely Solid!!!

Fat Chance
Fat Chance

4.0 out of 5 stars PDH - Carries on Regardless!!!, 8 July 2002
This review is from: Fat Chance (Audio CD)
This is a re-release. Why? Because this album deserved better than it's low key reception last year (probably because of the Biscuit Boy alias). Now, rightfully released as a Paul (d.) Heaton album, the hope is that it'll receive critical acclaim - and it really should.
One could question whether it's really a solo album - three of the 11 songs are duets! But some of Paul's best work comes out here - especially the incredibly personal POEMS -(don't sit by river, aren't there to be picked up by poets who find them on banks). This song is a real masterpiece!
Other highlights are 10 Lessons in Love, the Christian battering "If" and the catchy pop hook that is Mitch.
That fifth star was held back because the middle of the album could have been arranged better - the most similar songs are bunched together (this doesn't do those songs justice!).
But overall - if you didn't buy Fat Chance last year because you didn't know who Biscuit Boy was - It's Paul Heaton - BUY IT!

Painting It Red
Painting It Red
Price: 9.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Painting It Red? And I thought Blue Was The Colour!, 6 Nov 2000
This review is from: Painting It Red (Audio CD)
I bought it, I listened to it - and quite frankly I just didn't know what to think of it.
This album was welcomed with a mixed reaction from the press and I found it difficult to come to a decision as to whether or not I liked it.
Then I found myself walking around the office singing Just Checkin'. Damn I can't get this somg outta my head.
I listened again and found many masterpieces - 'Til You Can't Tuck It In (the big brother of Quench's Perfect 10), White Teeth (are uglier than yellow teeth Eh?)(Limited Edition Only), Baby Please Go and You Can Call Me Leisure - all classic pop (Just Checkin' just MUST be a single!!)
There are a few average tracks (hence the four stars) but hey - Who's Gonna Tell?