Profile for philor > Reviews

Byron DB333 30m Wireless Twin Plug-Through Door Chime Kit with 1 Sound
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket
Price: 15.21

4.0 out of 5 stars Works beautifully, shame about the chime!, 12 April 2013
OK, fantastic service from supplier, came the day after ordering! Nice looking product, trivial to set up, battery included. Works exactly as described. But the chime is not a nice sound at all, really tinny and grating. We won't miss the fact someone is at the door! The door bell never rings for long, does it? The manufacturer would do well to review this component of what otherwise appears to be a super bit of kit.

NEW BISON 5MM NEOPRENE CHEST WADERS CLEATED SOLE S10
NEW BISON 5MM NEOPRENE CHEST WADERS CLEATED SOLE S10

5.0 out of 5 stars Waders to keep you warm at a keen price, 3 Mar 2013
Really surprised by these waders. I bought them as I've just had a hip replacement and wanted to ensure I could get waders off with my wellington boot removers (I usually use stocking foots). However these actually fit well (had to return to get a bigger size - I take size 9/43, and needed 11s in the Bison wader), are pretty comfortable, and warm (water 2.9degrees C!). The boots are neoprene lined, and have pretty good grip even without the stubs supplied. No bells and whistles, but just what was wanted.

10 Piece Cushion Grip Screwdriver Set Slotted / POZI
10 Piece Cushion Grip Screwdriver Set Slotted / POZI
Offered by ONE SAFE SOURCE
Price: 19.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of screwdrivers, 3 Mar 2013
Very pleased with this purchase. Have used a couple of times now and find: very comfortable handles, heads appear v hard, good range of sizes/types.

The Devil's Delusion: Atheism and Its Scientific Pretensions
The Devil's Delusion: Atheism and Its Scientific Pretensions
by David Berlinski
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrogant, poorly argued, sarcastic, 9 Dec 2010
Sadly I found this book a great disappointment. I was hoping for something well reasoned and courteous, informing the debate about science and religion in an intelligent way. Given, some of the writing has interest, but only in its deft use of word and phrase. Berlinski is sarcastic, ill-informed, and grossly illogical at times. He sets up straw men, with no relevance, and knocks them down with a puff of inconsequential air. His habit of taking a quote out of context and criticising it (often in a schoolboy ad hominem way which has no place in a serious debate - and I'm not saying he's the only person doing this in this arena) finally becomes irritating. I finished it, more to find out what had possessed the publisher to produce it than to hear the force of Berlinski's arguments. Was this a complete waste of time? Perhaps not, as I have been moved to write my first Amazon review to prepare others for what they are about to receive - I doubt God is truly thankful for Berlinski's mean-minded contribution.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2014 10:28 PM BST