Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Boom Clap
Boom Clap

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic Feelings In One’s Heart, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Boom Clap (MP3 Download)
I admit that this Boom Clap song (soundtrack version) by Charli XCX caught my attention after I heard it multiple times on the radio (it is a good song that grew on me). I understand that it may be about something else. However, from my perspective, Boom Clap appears to be a song about having feelings for someone and feeling it intensely in one’s heart (with the lyrics, the sound of my heart). Boom Clap by Charli XCX is a great dance/pop song for those who like romantic melodies.

Crave You (Adventure Club Remix)
Crave You (Adventure Club Remix)

5.0 out of 5 stars Feelings of Infatuation Left Unsaid?, 24 July 2014
I admit that I started to enjoy and like Crave You (Adventure Club Remix) by Flight Facilities after hearing it on Pandora radio around the 2012 Spring/2012 Summer season. I actually bought a Playboy Sessions (Paris edition) (mixed by Michael Canitrot) back in October 30, 2012) thinking that this song was on the compilation (the image of the Playboy Paris Sessions would pop up on Pandora radio when the Crave You song played). I have watched the youtube video to two different versions of Crave You by Flight Facilities. There is a toned down version showing how a female is yearning for someone in what appears to be the summertime. Strangely, the person that she has a crush on is mutually attracted to her, but neither seem to be aware of the other person liking them. I would have to say that this video comes close to what the meaning of the song represents. The song version that I purchased is the one that is currently available on youtube through the youtubechannel of Mr.SuicideSheep. Crave You (Adventure Club Mix) is great for those who like electronica love songs with hints of Dubstep music.

Bad Blood
Bad Blood

5.0 out of 5 stars A Forgiveness Song?, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Bad Blood (MP3 Download)
Bad Blood by Bastille is another song that grew on my after enough times of hearing it on the radio. Additionally, this happened after I heard Pompeii multiple times on the radio and even on one of the music playlists during one of my overnight shifts at work. Bad Blood by Bastille appears to be a song about the singer wanting to put any past situations (of drama) behind him and to permanently keep them in the past. Bad Blood by Bastille is great for those who like the song Pompeii and/or alternative rock with hints of electronica and indie rock.

The Walker
The Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Song Of Encouragement, 23 July 2014
This review is from: The Walker (MP3 Download)
I admit that this song “The Walker” by Fitz And The Tantrums grew on me after I listened to it multiple times via the radio station DC101 (one of the alternative rock stations within the Washington D.C. area). Ironically enough, this song would pop on my portable cd player (came with fm radio tuner) on my way home from working the overnight shift. I understand that this song may mean something completely different from my interpretation, but I became interested in the song after hearing the lyrics Ain’t gonna stop just cause they tell me so (which is a musical reminder for me to go after some of my dreams/personal regardless of what my critics may say). The Walker by Fitz And The Tantrums is also available on youtube as a music video and great for those who like rock music with indie rock elements.

Do Or Die
Do Or Die

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivational Rock, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Do Or Die (MP3 Download)
Do or Die by 30 Seconds To Mars is a very motivational song that reminds me of Up In the Air, but just with a different slant. Do Or Die appears to be about maintaining the resolve to go on and make the best of life regardless of any challenges that surface. There is a touching youtube video of the song with many of the 30 Seconds To Mars Fans (a.ka. the Echelon) getting a chance to speak and what looks to be a touching scene where a fan is comforted by one of the band members (it looks to possibly be the lead singer for the group, though I would have to look at the music video to Do or Die to be certain). Do or Die by Thirty Seconds To Mars is good for many of those familiar to any of their previous songs and/or enjoy elements of rock with hints of synth-pop/electronica.

First Love
First Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Jennifer Lopez In Love, 23 July 2014
This review is from: First Love (MP3 Download)
First Love by Jennifer Lopez was another song that I was curious to purchase after hearing it a few times on the radio and after Jennifer Lopez introduced First Love when she was filling for Ryan Seacrest on the top 40 radio countdown. Once again, I understand that First Love could be about something else. However, I’m only guessing that First Love is a song that symbolizes about being in a relationship with two people that are very much in love and about being in love with someone that is a dream come true. First Love is an upbeat dancepop song

Empire
Empire

5.0 out of 5 stars Celestial Love Song?, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Empire (MP3 Download)
Three to Four Weeks ago, I was listening to a local radio station that also features a weekly top 40 countdown hosted by Ryan Seacrest. Jennifer Lopez was temporarily filling in for him and introduced Empire by Shakira, which I admit, convinced me in a way to purchase the song. I confess that I do not fully understand the meaning of the song. However, I am only guessing from the lyrics of the stars, love, and universe that Empire appears to be a song about passionately being in love with someone. I’m tempted to look up the meaning of this song later on just to see if I’m correct or at least close in knowing the meaning. Empire is a fun dance pop type of song.

Evacuate The Dancefloor
Evacuate The Dancefloor

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense Love Creation, 23 July 2014
I purchased the mp3 version of Evacuate the Dancefloor by Cascada back in 2011 on an itunes card that was gifted to me from my husband. I was curious to get it due to the good feeling that I would enjoy this collection. I actually first started to enjoy Cascada’s music back around 2006/2007 when I was living on the Mayport Naval Base (I had heard Everytime We Touch on one of the weekly top 40 countdowns that was playing via one of the radio stations). Then around this time (2006-2007) I was also exposed to Cascada’s version of NeverEnding Dream (which is also one of her astounding songs). I was then exposed to the Evacuate the Dancefloor song during the summer of 2009 (when I was still living in Orlando, Florida). Naturally, getting this mp3 version of Evacuate the Dancefloor was a natural progression for me. In addition to Evacuate the Dance Floor, I also enjoyed Fever, Ready Or Not, and Dangerous. Evacuate the Dancefloor by Cascada is perfect to get when you want happy versions of dance/electronic music.

Gambit [DVD]
Gambit [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Firth
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Implementing An Art Con Job, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Gambit [DVD] (DVD)
I rented the Gambit movie from redbox at a cheap price while simultaneously unsure of how much I would enjoy it. Much to my surprise, the film was even better than I thought. This film centers around an art dealer’s attempts to sell a fake painting to a very wealthy businessman. He feels justified in doing this because of the businessman’s ruthless nature. However, from my perspective,the film plays with the question of does two wrongs really make a right?, and that people are not often how they appear on the outside (can’t always judge a book by its cover adage). Alan Rickman, Colin Firth, Stanley Tucci, and Cameron Diaz star in The Gambit movie.

Overcoming Underearning: A Five-Step Plan to a Richer Life
Overcoming Underearning: A Five-Step Plan to a Richer Life
by Barbara Stanny

5.0 out of 5 stars Journey To Earning More Money, 26 Jun 2014
Yes, I said this before, but must say it again. Please know that I do not claim to have all the answers and do not dub myself a spiritual expert. I am only sharing books that I am looking into as part of my spiritual/personal expedition. I humbly confess that I did not want to publicly admit that I am working on my underearning because I am well aware that I am opening myself up even more to being publicly judged. However, my higher self/spirit/soul is gently nudging me to be more honest with myself and others.Additionally, I am thankful for my current overnight shift job and am well aware that I am lucky to be able to pay my rent and other basic needs (after this review, I hope to still have a job when I return to work tomorrow night). However, Overcoming Underearning by Barbara Stanny appealed to me because I have made good money before and am determined to at least get back to that level (at a minimum) within the next two to five years (at the latest). Additionally, my husband and I are working on not only paying back our student loans together, but also plan on paying back his mother and growing our savings. She is very patient, trusts us to eventually pay her back, and is supportive of our five year timeline to do so. She is the only family member on both sides of my husband’s and I families that we do owe money to and we both intend to keep it that way. However, I know that these things can only begin to happen once I address and do something (within the next six months) about the amount of money I earn. I also feel lucky to have received an e-mail about Barbara Stanny’s class from Daily Worth around the time I started seriously getting into this book. The following is some of the information Stanny touches on in her Overcoming Underearning book:

Page 73: Creating A Money Autobiography
Page 77: Problem Indicator Checklist
Pages 104-105: Decoding Resistance
Page 168: Chapter Three on ensuring success
Page 129: An Exercise on Inputting Community, pages 125-128 touch on building a community of support (which I reluctantly and humbly admit that I need to do so).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20