Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Getting What You Came for
Getting What You Came for
by Robert Peters

5.0 out of 5 stars Obviously Good For Those Who At Least Have One Bachelor’s Degree, 28 Nov. 2014
I purchased Getting What You Came For, The Smart Student’s Guide To Earning A Master’s or PH.D. by Robert L. Peters, PH.D. due to my own interest and determination to take more college classes related to my professional aims. I was fortunate in being able to successfully complete my first bachelor’s degree within three years (I started during the of fall semester of 2009 and completed my first undergraduate degree program by December 2012). However, I reluctantly admit that I arrogantly believed that obtaining my first bachelor’s degree within 3 years and my 8.5 year military experience would be sufficient in obtaining a government or private sector job that pays at least close to what I made as an E-5 in the United States Navy. In my newfound humbleness, I’m more than aware (without needing to be reminded by my critics) that I must think and act more strategically to stand out from a large sea of a talented crowd of men and women in the Washington D.C. who have more professional experience in certain popular career sectors and/or those who have attend highly ranked and/or well-known universities/colleges. Therefore, I was eager to purchase this book that contains among the following insightful details: Pages 57-72: making sure to be realistic about which schools to apply to for admission(fortunately, I am lucky/thankful to have been accepted into my 1st choice dream school and the advice does match up with the expectations that I had to consider). Pages 159-174 cover information pertaining to thesis committees. Additionally, pages 319-358 (chapter 24)touch on details related to the helpfulness of deciding/sticking with a career path and ways to request an appointment with professionals already employed in student’s chosen career field. This book is worth it just for chapter 24 alone because it includes tailored advice for both grad students and non-grad students who have just chosen to take more college classes related to their dream job (even if they have already obtained their bachelor’s degree and are simply taking more classes at another college outside of where they received their first undergraduate degree). For those have yet to complete their bachelor’s degree I would gently recommend books by Cal Newport.

The Hungry Girl Diet: Big Portions. Big Results. Drop 10 Pounds in 4 Weeks
The Hungry Girl Diet: Big Portions. Big Results. Drop 10 Pounds in 4 Weeks
by Lisa Lillien

5.0 out of 5 stars Hungry Girl Options, 28 Nov. 2014
I admit that The Hungry Girl Diet: Big Portions, Big Results Drop 10 Pounds in Four Weeks caught my attention after I saw it promoted on a talk show I was viewing while in the waiting room for my appointment at the D.C. VA Medical Center. Pages 70-83 feature meals such as Strawberry Peach Oatmeal Parfait (page 144), Banana-Berry Yogurt Bowl (page 153), and Faux Fried Chicken Strips With Side Salad (page 180). There is also a recipe for Fajita salad (page 157).

Weight Loss Surgery: The Real Skinny
Weight Loss Surgery: The Real Skinny
by M.D. Nick Nicholson

5.0 out of 5 stars Weight Loss Surgery Options, 28 Nov. 2014
It was an uncanny experience purchasing Weight Loss Surgery: The Real Skinny by Nick Nicholson, M.D. and B.A. Blackwood before spotting an ad for a weight loss related surgery in a local area newspaper less than six weeks later. I have decided to first approach losing weight without necessity of surgery and have even bought and kept some of the following magazines for additional inspiration and a positive reinforcement that reaching my goal weight is possible through the following magazines: Life & Style Issue of Christina Aguilera displaying a weight loss success of 150 pounds to 110 pounds in just 8 weeks (October 27, 2014), A Special Feature from People magazine called The Ultimate Diet Guide People Half Their Size featuring a woman named Kaitlyn who went from 263 pounds to 127 pounds (was on display in certain stores until July 4, 2014), US Weekly Magazine issue featuring NBC’s Biggest Loser winner Rachel Frederickson successfully going from 260 pounds to 105 pounds (from my humble perspective her story is motivational and phenomenal because she is listed to have lost 155 pounds in 7 months). The US Weekly magazine issue (featuring Frederickson)is from February 24, 2014 (issue993). Last, but not least, there is another inspirational feature of Ok Magazine covering Jessica Simpson’s successful 70 pound weight loss from 195 pounds to 125 pounds (issue 49 December 9, 2013). However, purchasing Weight Loss Surgery: The Real Skinny by Nick Nicholson, M.D. and B.A. Blackwood was an important purchase for me so that I can be better informed about certain options in case they have to be implemented such as: You Enlisted But Your Spouse Was Drafted, The Impact of Weight Loss On Your Marriage (pages 37-50). Honest details are shared on what to expect in a marriage when the variable of successful weight loss is introduced. There is also the feature of Chapter Eight of My Weight Loss Is About Me, So Why Does Everyone Act Like Its About Them?. Details in chapter eight are given as to what to expect from both enthusiastic (happy for your success) and less than thrilled (uncomfortable about your success)friends and family members who are going to see and/or notice your successful weight loss campaign.

Insiders' Guide to Hampton Roads: Virginia Beach, Norfolk & Newport News (Insiders' Guide Series)
by Tony Germanotta

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative Hampton Roads Area Book, 28 Nov. 2014
I purchased the Insider’s Guide: Hampton Roads Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Newport News (first edition) by Tony Germanotta because my husband and I use to live in Norfolk, Virginia from February 2008 until April 2009. Additionally, I have been keeping my options open as a just in case scenario of places to live if I had to live on minimum wage for a certain period of time while in the process of increasing my financial net worth. Additionally, I calculated that my current wages would stretch farther in this area. For example, there is a helpful section on restaurants 56-87, Nightlife coverage is on pages 88-99, and annual events and festivals are featured on pages 168-182. For couples and/or single parents with children (whether to reside there or just to visit) there is a feature of a chapter called kidstuff on pages 183-194.

Mobile Home Wealth: How to Make Money Buying, Selling and Renting Mobile Homes
Mobile Home Wealth: How to Make Money Buying, Selling and Renting Mobile Homes
by Zalman Velvel

5.0 out of 5 stars A Mobile Home Book Relevant to the Increasing Popularity Of Mobile Home Investing, 28 Nov. 2014
Before going into the review of Mobile Home Wealth by Zalman Velvel, I feel the urge to write a preface.Yes, less than three years ago I did declare that my husband and I would permanently settle within the Washington D.C. area for the rest of our current lifetimes. Yes, the Washington D.C. area is a popular and good area to live in because there is so much to do. However, my husband and I have now decided to keep our options open on where we would live long-term and what type of residence to live in in light of the escalating costs for apartment rents within the D.C. area. We are carefully choosing where to live long-term and where to rent because we do not use government assistance to pay for our rent, but do not consider ourselves superior to those who are forced to do so (just luckier). I purchased Mobile Home Wealth: How To Make Money Buying, Selling, and Renting Mobile Homes by Zalman Velvel from the author’s website for advice on renting and/or buying a mobile home. The content within the book turned out to be different from what I expected, but still good information. Some of the following details that Velvel includes within his book: The dramatic story of the hard decision he had to make when he saw a teenage mother whose mom was in jail and why he decided to keep a mobile home property as a rental (pages 65-67), the three deep dark secrets of lenders (pages 232-233), and pages 306-307 of managing your atm and building a power team.

Fabjob Guide to Become an Event Planner [With CDROM]
Fabjob Guide to Become an Event Planner [With CDROM]
by Jan L. Riddell

5.0 out of 5 stars From The Fab Job Website Book Series, 28 Nov. 2014
FabJob Guide To Become An Event Planner by Jan L. Riddell, Carol Palmatier, Tag Goulet And Peter J. Gallanis includes the various parties and holidays where an event planning career comes into relevance; such as Mardi Gras, Academy Awards, Super Bowl, Presidential Inauguration, New Year’s festivities in Tiimes Square, any other major events we hear or see about on television: I took this to be the major New Year’s events/parties across various cities within the U.S. (introduction section pages 1-6). Chapter Two starts on page seven and opens with the question What An Event Planner does and includes mention of neighborhood block parties, holiday parties, and Special Events magazine (page 9). There is a cd rom included in the back of the new copies and/or certain used copies (obviously depending on where it is ordered from). Bizbash Magazine is a publication within the United States that covers event planning celebrations. Event planning is even a popular career outside the United States. For instance, Pippa Middleton and Prince Harry are two famous people who have been referenced online to have done work within the event planning industry. Additionally google Britain Events magazine and a man or woman can find online links to event planning publications such as Event Magazine (from the UK), The Main Event magazine, Stand Out Event Magazine, and the Daily Mail UK website (where there is a section on events and a feature on a Dolly Parton story connected to a UK Event magazine).

How to Become a Successful Event Planner
How to Become a Successful Event Planner
by Jorge Zurita

5.0 out of 5 stars Event Planner Entrepreneur, 28 Nov. 2014
How To Become A Successful Event Planner by Jorge Zurita starts off with some brief information on an event planner career /event planning industry. The author (Jorge Zurita) also introduces himself and explains how he launched his event planning and production business over twenty years ago (pages xx-xxvii). Chapter One Of How To Become A Successful Event Planners starts with Why Become An Event Planner ( on page 1).

A Passion for Parties: Your Guide to Elegant Entertaining
A Passion for Parties: Your Guide to Elegant Entertaining
by David Tutera

5.0 out of 5 stars Tutera’s Events, 28 Nov. 2014
A Passion For Parties: Your Guide To Elegant Entertaining by David Tutera opens with an introduction where he is asked to spearhead the NARAS (National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences)party. Tutera discusses that this was a big deal because many record executives were going to be there (New York) and it was going to have at least three thousand people in attendance(page nine). He also emphasizes that he had never initially planned on being a party producer and event coordinator (page 9). Dazzling photos from a multiple number of his events are also strategically spread across the book (such as on page 86).

Success Secrets of a Million Dollar Party Girl
Success Secrets of a Million Dollar Party Girl
by Lynn Bardowski

5.0 out of 5 stars Party Career Inspiration, 28 Nov. 2014
Success Secrets Of A Million $ Party Girl by Lynn Bardowski contains Bardowski’s story of what shaped her entrepreneurship influences (her family background, her early college life, having her own family, her prosperous career launch etc.). Pages twenty to twenty one discuss when the author first felt what her passion and purpose was. Pages eighty-two to eighty three touch upon how she taught her daughters a leadership program and their subsequent successes.

How to get a job in PR
How to get a job in PR
by Sarah Stimson

5.0 out of 5 stars A Public Relations Professional Generously Shares Information On Getting Hired In PR, 28 Nov. 2014
This review is from: How to get a job in PR (Paperback)
The Front of How To Get A Job In PR by Sarah Stimson contains written endorsements from Stephen Waddington and Francis Ingham. Stephen Waddington is the 2014 President of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Francis Ingham is Director General of the Public Relations Consultants Association. Chapter Two On What PR People Do, Chapter Fifteen on Can A Quirky Application Secure You A Job In PR? And Chapter Sixteen on How To Hunt For A Job are among the multiple topics covered in this book.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30