Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Red Lights
Red Lights

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense Heart, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Red Lights (MP3 Download)
Red Lights by Tiesto seems to be a gladdening electronic melody about love that survives distance and other conditions that test a relationship. “Red Lights” is good for those who like romantic electronic music.

Not Giving Up
Not Giving Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Original and Thrilling, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Not Giving Up (MP3 Download)
From my perspective,“Not Giving Up” by The Saturdays appears to be an appealing pop/dance song about mixing persistence with being in love with someone. The Saturdays put their unique spin on “Not Giving Up.” However, I would have to recommend this song for those who either like dance pop and/or also like music from Girls Aloud (due to the sound of this track reminded me a little bit of “Something Kinda Ooh” by Girls Aloud).

Wizard
Wizard

5.0 out of 5 stars Background Music Brilliance, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Wizard (MP3 Download)
Wzard by Martin Garrix & Jay Hardaway is an electrical music tune that combines various instrumental and high energysounds that definitely fit a club theme. The only catch is that “Wizard” is best for those that are open to listening to electronic music without words due to this version being vocal-free.

Ready or Not
Ready or Not

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready For Life, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Ready or Not (MP3 Download)
Ready Or Not by Brigit Mendler is a light-hearted tune that seems to be about happily being ready for whatever may come in life. Ready Or Not is an upbeat pop music type of tune with a summer feel and slight hints of dance.

Bother [Explicit]
Bother [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional Metamorphosis, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Bother [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Reluctantly, I confess that I felt guided to look up the meaning of the song “Bother” by Stone Sour after recently hearing it on Pandora Radio. This is because I understand that this is both an enjoyable song and yet slightly melancholy at the same time. I wanted to understand why such a dramatic song is soothing to my soul. According to the website songfactsdotcom, Corey Taylor mentioned that “Bother” is both about a person losing and finding themselves simultaneously. “Bother” by Stone Sour is a deep and emotional alternative rock song.

Metallica Through the Never [DVD]
Metallica Through the Never [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Hetfield
Price: 6.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Hybrid of A Great Concert/Horror Movie, 19 April 2014
I was curious to watch Metallica “Through The Never” after hearing the song “The Unforgiven” and being curious to hear it in concert form. It was my own fault for not checking the previous reviews or description, due to the fact that I expected the documentary to be an upbeat version of some people enjoying themselves at a concert. The concert was pretty good. Horror movie lovers may enjoy the movie backdrop for the concert. This is because the movie ended up being a dystopian take on a young Metallica roadie having to fight for his life against some beings that looked like they came from a dark world and/or dimension. Aside from this caveat (and the fact that the Unforgiven was not performed), the concert included many great hard rock songs such as the classic Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters, and One.

I Am Hardwell [DVD] [2014] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
I Am Hardwell [DVD] [2014] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Hardwell
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 7.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardwell’s Brief Music Bio, 19 April 2014
I Am Hardwell traces the beginning of his music career from December 2010 to his rise to DJ magazine’s top 100 DJ list of 2013 (fellow top 100 DJ Armin Van Buuren is shown introducing Hardwell at the end of the documentary). The only catch to this documentary is that English is only spoken part of the time and language subtitles are unavailable in the rental version . However, watching the “I Am Hardwell” documentary was very inspirational, along with his message of If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It. I needed to watch such a dvd because I do not plan on being a DJ (I prefer to keep my career dreams secret for now). However, part of me was beginning to wonder if having either too many and/or big dreams is kind of Pollyanna like. Watching his documentary and how he generously shared his action plan helped inspire me to revise and reassess my own action plan to my secret dreams. The following are some of the facts shared in his documentary:
January 25, 2013: Hardwell announced his first concert.
In 2011, Hardwell made his first appearance at Sensation, one of the world’s leading Dance Events. A version of “Toca’s Miracle” by Fragma can be heard at this event.
New York was one of Hardwell’s stops when he did a summer tour back in 2012.
In 2012, Hardwell was voted both Breakthrough artist and #6 DJ in the world.
He has also performed at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami, Florida/

The Swan Princess: A Royal Family Tale [DVD] [2014]
The Swan Princess: A Royal Family Tale [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Richard Rich
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 4.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual Test For Royalty, 6 April 2014
I felt drawn to seeing The Swan Princess: A Royal Family Tale after spotting it through the redbox machine of my Walmart gig (during one of my work breaks).The Swan Princess: A Royal Family Tale is an animated movie that involves Odette and her husband Derek unintentionally becoming involved in a matter that calls for them to save their kingdom. They also both unintentionally become parents to a girl named Alise after she becomes orphaned.

Breakfast at Tiffany's [DVD] [1961]
Breakfast at Tiffany's [DVD] [1961]
Dvd ~ Audrey Hepburn
Price: 3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars High Society Parties, 6 April 2014
Breakfast At Tiffany’s involves a woman who has impeccable social skills and manages to become known in high society circles. She meets a writer who becomes a major part of her life and contributes to her personal evolution. Audrey Hepburn plays this highly sociable woman while George Peppard plays the writer.

Adventure Time Season 3 Blu-Ray (Region B) AUST Import
Adventure Time Season 3 Blu-Ray (Region B) AUST Import
Offered by DH BLU
Price: 30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finn and Jake’s Journeys, 6 April 2014
I confess that I felt drawn to obtaining Adventure Time Season 3 after it was advertised at my job. I went ahead and purchased it through the Walmart’s Site to Store feature and eventually picked it up the dvd after work. This was also partially due to the fact that my husband and I have been watching this cartoon since 2011 (yes, I know that we are both adults). Adventure Time Season 3 has 26 episodes and some bonus commentaries. For instance, there is an interview of the creator of this series discussing his reasons for creating the cartoon in conjunction with many of those who comprise his viewing audience (parents, children,college students, many adults etc.). The 26 episodes are based on the ones created around 2011. There are multiple episodes that will appeal to various people. For example, my husband enjoyed one of the Fiona and Cake episodes and mentioned that it would be interesting if more episodes and/or a spinoff season were created around Fiona and her cat. Adventure Time Season 3 is also safe for all ages.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30