Profile for Miss T A Gipson > Reviews

Content by Miss T A Gipson

Miss T A Gipson

TP-Link TL-WPA281KIT AV200 With 1 LAN port 300M Wireless N Powerline Extender Starter Kit
Offered by Ballicom International

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit + easy to set up, 19 Oct 2013
Despite lots of good reviews I was sceptical about this product - however, happy to report that my concerns were unfounded and it works brilliantly.

My router is based on the ground floor and up until now I was unable to get any sort of wi-fi in my loft conversion. However, within about 2 mins of opening the box, I was up and running.

Plugged the unit into the socket near my router and connected the two with the network cable (supplied in the box); plugged the other into a socket in my loft; pushed the 'pair button on each; within about 30 seconds they were paired and I had wifi in my loft!

I have Virgin 30mbps broadband and having done a speed test in my loft I get about 28mbps via wi-fi (and the full 30mbps if I use a network cable between the computer/socket).

I should also say that the unit by the router is on an extension strip, but this doesn't seem to be affecting things in the slightest.

Very, very pleased. If only all technology products were this easy!