Profile for R HOWROYD > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Chorus
Chorus

3.0 out of 5 stars Great music but!, 26 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Chorus (Audio CD)
I agree with most of the comments already made. The music is great but there are significant quality control issues over the packaging (all style and no substance - compare with Joy Division/New Order box sets) to make things worse the have attempted to put too much content on each CD. Once there is 76 plus minutes of music on a CD there is always the risk of skipping and jumping. They should have added an additional CD to resolve problem.

All in all a bit disappointing 4AD.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2016 4:33 PM BST

Mpow 5 W Armor Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Emergency Power Surpply for Apple and Android Devices,Orange
Offered by Patox

5.0 out of 5 stars Good speaker and value for money, 9 Mar. 2016
Its become increasingly difficult to trust reviews of electrical equipment on Amazon due to the dubious practice of providing free samples for "unbiased" reviews to boost/falsify the rating. This is genuinely a very good piece of kit for the money as demonstrated by the high number of genuine satisfied customers. Amazon take not!

Final Wild Songs
Final Wild Songs

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 23 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Final Wild Songs (Audio CD)
I have been a fan since I first heard them in the 80's. I have hoped for box set for years to replace my vinyl and to prevent me from paying silly money for some of the CD's. Well done Cherry Red and the Band as this is a fantastic collection. Now can someone give Green on Red and The Rain Parade the same loving treatment!

Binatone Shield 6015 Call Blocker Twin Home Telephone
Binatone Shield 6015 Call Blocker Twin Home Telephone

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame too many issues, 23 Jan. 2016
We have been very disappointed with these phones. Firstly the volume of the ringer is far too low even at its highest setting to allow us to hear if anyone is calling so we often miss calls even if in the house. You also need to press a button to answer even if lifting directly from cradle. We will be replacing. I hate giving low reviews but this product has annoyed the whole family.

UKayed ® Brown Turntable Leather Briefcase Style Record Player Bluetooth Three-Speed Portable Vinyl Turn table with Built-In Stereo Speakers Rechargable & Portable (Brown)
Offered by InternetukShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for money !, 25 Dec. 2015
Just opened up for Xmas. Better than I expected for the money. Speakers reasonable. Not connected to hifi yet. Nice to be able to play vinyl again.

Sympathy For The Devil: Live At I-Beam In San Francisco, 1985
Sympathy For The Devil: Live At I-Beam In San Francisco, 1985
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars More more more please!, 22 Dec. 2015
Green on Red were one of the best bands I ever saw live. It would be great if someone like Cherry Red were to rerelease their back catalogue ( like the Long Ryders next month)as it is full of gems. Ok this release is not perfect and certainly not official but the overall sound quality is good and captures the rawness of the performance in particular on the tracks with Chuck Prophet to the front!

Come on I want more!

Volume
Volume

5.0 out of 5 stars All we need is more Ted Chippington and the world would be perfect!, 28 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Volume (Audio CD)
I have been waiting for years for this! Was the wait worth it - a big yes. This still sounds fresh and radical with the best drum machine outside of the Sisters of Mercy or Kraftwerk. Nice packaging too.

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bit of kit!, 17 April 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
I purchased the stick at the reduced price to try and maximise my prime membership which to honest so far has been for little more than next day delivery. My first impression was that it was a very neat and well designed piece of kit.

Installation was simple but first time around it lost the wifi and I had to start again. Since then it had worked at treat.

The remote is well designed and the on screen interface easy to use. The tutorial video is helpful

I have a sky HD box and an Apple TV but I have been stunned by the picture quality from this tiny device. I watch Pompeii ( a truly awful film!) but the graphic and sound were stunning!

I feel we will get a lot of use com this little box of tricks.

Well done Amazon

This Is Your Captain Speaking...Your Captain Is Dead
This Is Your Captain Speaking...Your Captain Is Dead

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value box set of early Hawkwind, 23 Mar. 2015
This is a great box set in terms of the music but little added value in terms of booklet ( there isn't one) or other information but if you are a fan do you need anything else?

I have replaced lots of old vinyl at a very good price.

OMIU(TM) 3 Pcs Ultra Slim Clear Transparent Waterdrop Hard Back Case Cover for Apple iPhone 5C(Light Blue+Pink+Green), All Products By OMIU(TM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cases, 14 Jan. 2015
Fantastic value for money. The raindrop effect is brilliant

Page: 1 | 2 | 3