Profile for Emma > Reviews

Content by Emma

Emma (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
x4 Cath Kidston ROSALI storage box fits expedit unit Ikea DRONA (SET OF FOUR)
x4 Cath Kidston ROSALI storage box fits expedit unit Ikea DRONA (SET OF FOUR)
Offered by Tom's House

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely item, 13 Oct 2014
Lovely item- boxes fit nicely into IKEA wardrobe shelf compartments that we have and look lovely and girly and pretty for my 11 year old's room. Good quality.

Vintage Sewing Box - 28cm x 28cm
Vintage Sewing Box - 28cm x 28cm
Offered by The Colour Hut

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but flimsy design, 13 Oct 2014
This review is from: Vintage Sewing Box - 28cm x 28cm
I did consider sending this item back when first received as it is a very flimsy design and some of the very thin quality wood was split around the edges. However, given the cost of the item and the cost of sending it back I decided to keep it in the end. It is a very pretty design just not the best quality. For my intended purpose - just to keep some threads, needles in, etc. it suffices. I did, however, reinforce it by painting with wood oil in an attempt to strengthen the wood. I'm not sure how durable it will be and I certainly wouldn't purchase as a gift, but as a basic box that looks nice to keep sewing bits in, it is okay. As I don't sew very often it will probably last longer than for people who sew a lot. Worth bearing in mind.

Breath of the Gods: A Journey to the Origins of Modern Yoga
Breath of the Gods: A Journey to the Origins of Modern Yoga
Offered by Yogamatters Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-see movie for yoga enthusiasts!, 3 July 2014
Really fantastic movie delving into the origins of yoga. Some amazing footage of yoga's "greats" and an insight into their lives that one would never usually have access to. Really a genuine must-see for all yoga enthusiasts!!

Organic Retinol Moisturiser. Infused with Collagen, Silk Protein and an Exclusive Combination of Natural Extracts to Increase Cell Regeneration and Collagen Production. Sweet Willow Facial Moisturising Cream Delivers Enriched Nourishment and Intensive Moisturising to Restore Elasticity and Improve Radiance and Luminosity. Luxurious, Anti-Ageing Treatment for a More Youthful Complexion....GUARANTEED
Offered by Honey & Willow

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely organic moisturiser with SPF/, 3 July 2014
Love this organic moisturiser. Has a really lovely fragrance and is very light feeling on the skin. Am using it on my face and neck to help prevent ageing from suns rays. Feels great to know every time I step out of the house that my skin is protected from the sun and also that the ingredients used are natural and won't cause damage to my skin or my body. Would definitely recommend.

Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs (Picture Puffin)
Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs (Picture Puffin)
by Giles Andreae

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5 year old son loves it!, 26 Feb 2013
What better recommendation than your child wanting you to read the book over and over and over.....
I can safely say this is a fab book for little boys (little girls too of course if they like dinosaurs and pirates) but I can certainly recommend this as a book to hold a little boy's attention.

Practical Feng Shui
Practical Feng Shui
by Simon G. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic introduction to Feng Shui, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Practical Feng Shui (Paperback)
I used to frequently borrow my Dad's copy of this book and then years later I have finally managed to buy my own!! I did look at other Feng Shui guides but felt that as I was happy with this one it would make sense to have my own copy to browse at my leisure. It is very informative, set out in a very clear manner, analysing Feng Shui issues room by room. It looks at how you arrange each room in your house in such a way as to promote whatever it is you are seeking- e.g. if you want to sleep better then there is a specific way of positioning your room, adding items or having your bed in a particular position, equally if you want to encourage more "romance" then there might be a different way of arranging your room. It is all very interesting and has a very practical application. I would definitely recommend!

Zen Calendar 2013 (Page a Day Calendar)
Zen Calendar 2013 (Page a Day Calendar)
by Workman
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift idea, 26 Feb 2013
Bought this for my Dad as a stocking filler at Christmas and he absolutely LOVES it!! It is a nice size and the quotes inside are great, very inspiring and perfect if you are into buddhism, meditation and anything "Zen" related. I will most likely buy myself one next year. It was really nicely set out and good quality.

Character World Nintendo Mario Race Fleece Blanket
Character World Nintendo Mario Race Fleece Blanket
Offered by Luxury Linens Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality fleece blanket, 26 Feb 2013
Bought this for my 5 year old son mainly just to provide a little extra "snug" factor in his bed at night and also as he loves the Super Mario characters. He loves it, it was good value and is good quality so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Rock of Ages (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [Region Free]
Rock of Ages (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this movie!!, 26 Feb 2013
I initially watched this movie on rental and was a little unsure at first- I was watching it with my other half and could see he wasn't 100% convinced even though the music was clearly nostalgic :-) However, as it progressed I got into it and ended up loving it and hence buying my own copy! You see the actors in roles you are not used to seeing them in- Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand are hilarious and it is a great feel-good movie. I was surprised to know all the songs as they weren't necessarily the songs I was listening to in the 80s but I knew them all! Might not be to everyone's taste but I loved it!

Around the House, the Fox Chased the Mouse: Adventures in Prepositions (Language Adventures Book)
by Rick Walton

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for teaching prepositions, 26 Feb 2013
I bought this book in order to "subtlely" teach my 5 year old son his prepositions. It was mentioned to me by his school teachers that prepositions are something they need to be looking at this year and so rather than going all school mistress with my son I thought this book would be a fun way of introducing the idea of prepositions- some of course he knew already and others were new to him. It is nicely illustrated and a nice story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3