Profile for Meandamut > Reviews

Content by Meandamut

Meandamut "Lu&Ru" (Leicestershire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd Kindle, 19 Jun 2014
This is my 3rd Kindle purchase. I have the basic Kindle which I do use the most for reading. A Kindle Fire that has music and games on that I happily let my Grandsons use and another Kindle Fire that is mine and I don't share it with anyone! I use it for web browsing, TV watching...live and catch up and download films which I then watch and then uninstall so memory space isn't a problem.
I'm a Kindle addict and will probably be purchasing a HDX Kindle soon :)

Happy Valley [DVD]
Happy Valley [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Lancashire

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly compelling, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Happy Valley [DVD] (DVD)
This is the best drama I've watched in years. Gritty and realistic and Sarah Lancashire must be one of our finest actresses. Her performance is amazing.
I did watch it on TV but had to add the DVD to my collection as it really is that good!

Spotify (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Spotify (Kindle Tablet Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Subscription needed for Kindle, 19 Jun 2014
Spotify is great and I spent hours finding songs that I've loved and also picking genres I enjoy and playing whole playlists of music from my youth.
I did need to subscribe to even get it to work on my Kindle Fire but took the free trial. Not going to continue with subscription as although it is a great app I'm not prepared to pay out £10 a month to keep it on Kindle but have now opted for the 'free' service on my laptop. I have to endure adverts but they aren't that bad.
Just wish I could have the free version on my Kindle.

CHRISTOPHER AND COLUMBUS (illustrated)
CHRISTOPHER AND COLUMBUS (illustrated)

3.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, 19 Jun 2014
Not my usual genre of choice but decided to give it a go. Different is what I'd use to describe this book. I could have discarded but I did need to find out what happens to the twins, sometimes I do have to finish a book even though it's not the most enjoyable read. I'm glad I did finish it but wouldn't want to read it again.

In The Lonely Hour
In The Lonely Hour

5.0 out of 5 stars what a voice, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: In The Lonely Hour (Audio CD)
This is probably the best album I have bought since 21 (Adele) this man's music is mesmerising. I love the whole album, each and every song is unique. His voice has such a fantastic range and I can't stop playing In The Lonely Hour. It's a truly wonderful album from a gifted artist.

Thirty-One and a Half Regrets (Rose Gardner Mystery, Book 4)
Thirty-One and a Half Regrets (Rose Gardner Mystery, Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets, 28 Jan 2014
I have enjoyed all the books in this series but pick this as the best ..... so far.
Have read them all in under a week but kicking myself now as I have to wait until June for the next.
Curve ball in the last couple of pages has given lots to think about.
Joe or Mason? I know who I'd pick but have no idea who Rose will choose.
Roll on June!

Twenty-Nine and a Half Reasons (Rose Gardner Mystery, Book 2)
Twenty-Nine and a Half Reasons (Rose Gardner Mystery, Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Had to read, 26 Jan 2014
I read and thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this series that I had to buy Twenty nine and a half reasons straight away. Have finished this now and I'm just going to the Kindle store to purchase the next one.
Am I hooked? Yes I am....and thankful that a few clicks will allow me to carry on without having to brave the weather to go to a store. I love my Kindle and all the authors that having one is allowing me to find and enjoy.

When You Walked Back into My Life
When You Walked Back into My Life

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cosy book, 20 Jan 2014
I have read a couple of Hilary Boyd 's books so knew I'd enjoy reading this one. Wasn't disappointed and read it in two sittings. Was an enjoyable few hours. Loved the ending and although was expecting the outcome it was good to finish with a happy ending.
I recommend this book to anyone that likes a nice, gentle read. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

4Pics 1Word- What's the Personality Init
4Pics 1Word- What's the Personality Init

3.0 out of 5 stars if it always worked would be great, 26 Dec 2013
Bit intermittent, had to download more than once....still not working properly but when it does it's a good game...shame really

Bramley & Gage Damson Gin Liqueur / 35cl
Bramley & Gage Damson Gin Liqueur / 35cl
Offered by Drink Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, 26 Dec 2013
This is the nicest Damson gin I've tried. I would recommend to all. Just wish the bottle was bigger as it didn't last long as all the family wanted a taste.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4