Profile for M. Tracie Webb > Reviews

Taken [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Liam Neeson
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Taken [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I think everyone knows what to expect with this film - a lot of action, people needing rescuing by the hero (Liam Neeson), improbable fight scenes and a happy ending. Well, it delivers and manages to stay just this side of believable (except for one scene where Liam Neeson escapes from being chained up on a boat - which is why it only got 4 stars from me).

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench
Price: 10.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Gently amusing, 29 Jun 2014
Another film I initially watched under sufferance but now, not only have I bought it, but I've recommended it to loads of friends and family- all of whom have loved it. It really is funny and heart-warming. Maggie Smith is hilarious and has some of the best lines. I could watch this over and over.

Friends With Benefits [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Friends With Benefits [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Justin Timberlake
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than your average rom-com, 29 Jun 2014
I don't particularly like Justin Timberlake. I rarely like rom-coms. But I like this (I watched it round a friend's house one evening). It's quite sweet, actually amusing and the characters are likeable. You could probably watch this with the man in your life without him complaining the whole way through and then making you watch F1/cricket/rugby/football for 18 hours straight as penance.

Episodes Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Episodes Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt LeBlanc
Price: 9.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 29 Jun 2014
very witty, lots of lines that make me laugh out loud and Matt LeBlanc does an excellent job of sending himself up.

Natural, Raw Wildflower Honey, 100% Pure Hungarian Goodness 240 g (0.53 lbs.)
Natural, Raw Wildflower Honey, 100% Pure Hungarian Goodness 240 g (0.53 lbs.)
Offered by Eden's Original

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely honey, 29 Jun 2014
Excellent taste and price. You have to trust that it is raw but it certainly looks it - very thick and cloudy. I'll definitely be buying more.

Aigle Unisex Benyl M Black Wellingtons Boots 85789 39 EU/5.5 UK
Aigle Unisex Benyl M Black Wellingtons Boots 85789 39 EU/5.5 UK
Price: 70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for dog walking, 10 Feb 2014
These are very comfortable and perfect for walking my dog in. I walk about 2 hours a day on fairly rough terrain and these are perfect for this. I previously used to wear Hunters but they seem to have suffered since becoming a fashion item - they now split across the ball of the foot after about 6 months (something they never used to do). I switched to Aigle which are actually more comfortable and the last pair were about two and half years old and would still be going if I hadn't caught them on a bit of jagged metal whilst gardening! These are an excellent replacement.

Panasonic DMR-PWT530EB Smart 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with 500GB HDD Recorder and Twin Freeview+ HD Tuners
Price: 239.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 26 Jan 2014
Ok, I have to admit that all I want to do is record TV programmes and watch DVDs/Blu-rays; so I probably don't use all the functions. That said, I love this. It is ridiculously easy to use - bring up the guide and press red. It's never cut off the beginning or end of anything (something my last one did) and has no problem recording two channels at a time (it will also let me watch a DVD whilst it is recording - again, something my last one didn't do). DVDs and Blu-rays load quickly and quietly. I don't edit stuff so I can't comment on that. All in all I'm very pleased with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone.

Bissell 24R5E Pet Hair Eraser Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Bissell 24R5E Pet Hair Eraser Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Price: 74.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it although it isn't perfect, 16 Nov 2013
I go through vacuum cleaners like a hot knife through butter! I've given up buying expensive Dysons etc as they all go the same way. It doesn't seem to be the dog hair that causes the problems but the dust/mud. The filters just don't seem able to cope - they get clogged (yes I know you can wash them), suction deteriorates and in two cases the vacuum actually over heated. So, I can't comment on the longevity of this machine yet but it definitely picks up hair and dust better than any previous machines. It is very easy to empty and has plenty of tools, all of which are stored on the machine so you have them to hand. The pet contour tool is fantastic - especially in the car - as it gets right into the edges of awkward spaces. My gripes are - it's quite heavy (fine for me but an elderly person may struggle with it) and, as others have mentioned, it does tip over quite easily when using the tools. If you have a dog that likes getting muddy and enjoys shedding hair on your carpets then I would recommend this cleaner.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn
Price: 3.50

3.0 out of 5 stars How clever am I?, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Paperback)
This was OK but I didn't like, or have any empathy for, any of the characters and I felt that, at times, the author was just trying to demonstrate how intellectually superior she was.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 12 July 2013
This is OK but not as great as I was expecting. I have quite a few fine hairs on my legs and they get missed every time. I also find it breaks some of the thicker hairs (yes, I have very strange legs!) so I have bits of stubble the next day. I like it better than shaving but it isn't long lasting (like getting them waxed). I've used it both wet and dry and prefer it dry.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3