Profile for Harry Parsons > Reviews

Mitre JNR Lite 360 Ball - White/Blue/Silver - 5
Mitre JNR Lite 360 Ball - White/Blue/Silver - 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic football, 18 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This football really is brilliant. I recently ordered a size 5 "normal" football to play with in the garden with my son but he found it too heavy to kick. We then moved to lighter ones, which he then kicked over the fence!! This was advertised as 20% lighter and to be honest I was a bit sceptical but it really is. It's well made, looks great with the colours and design, and it makes such a difference that when he kicks it he can actually get some distance on it. It was easy to inflate with a basic football pump and did not take very long. I would highly recommend this for people with young children to get them used to the size and feel of a proper football but having the added benefit of being genuinely 20% lighter.

Pinzon Everyday Cotton Double, White Duvet Set with 2 pillowcases
Pinzon Everyday Cotton Double, White Duvet Set with 2 pillowcases

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect if plain white is what you're after, 13 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this for our spare room, it's exactly as described - plain white duvet cover and pillow cases. It fitted our double duvet perfectly, pillow cases are also a good fit.

It feels pretty soft and comfortable, it seems like good quality cotton - I have washed it once (before use) with no issues so all-in-all I'm very happy with this set.

Tea at the Grand Tazi
Tea at the Grand Tazi
by Alexandra Singer

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange..., 11 Nov 2014
This review is from: Tea at the Grand Tazi (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having just finished this book I find myself feeling quite confused by it, I feel I must have missed a lot of what the author was trying to get across.

I read this quite quickly and actually found it hard to put down, mainly because I constantly felt it was about to get interesting but it didn't really. It started well but I quickly started to feel that I wasn't 'getting it', it seemed as if a lot of what happened was implied and not overtly described.

Having said all this, I did quite enjoy it overall and found the main character likeable, I would be interested to read other offerings by the author to see if they are similar or hopefully, a bit easier to read.

CPR Call Blocker Big Button Sim Free Mobile Phone
CPR Call Blocker Big Button Sim Free Mobile Phone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this for my mother who has been struggling to use her 'normal size' mobile as her eye sight is not so good these days and she finds the buttons a bit small. This phone meets her needs perfectly, it is a good size so easy to see and to press the right buttons.

It was simple enough to put her SIM card in so it was ready to use in no time. She doesn't make many calls or use a mobile for anything else so this simple phone is just right for her.

The nuisance call blocker feature is a bonus which is appreciated.

This phone is perfect for anyone needing a large button phone, old or young, it doesn't have the snazzy features of a lot of phones these days but not everyone wants that anyway.

Braun PRT2000EU Age Precision Stick Digital Thermometer
Braun PRT2000EU Age Precision Stick Digital Thermometer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this thermometer, 7 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very happy with this thermometer, simple to use and very accurate due to the ability to differentiate between ages. This is incredibly useful if you have young children of differing ages as we do.

The coloured lights showing you if a temperature is ok or not is brilliant as I can never remember at what point should I worry, plus the memory function showing you the last temperature taken is great for comparison.

Excellent thermometer, especially for those with young children.

Dew Sterling Silver and Gold Plate Owl Necklace of 18 Inch on 45.7cm Chain 9010GD

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gift, 29 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ordered this for my girlfriend, it arrived nicely presented in a good quality box so looks good to give as a gift.

The chain is a good length and the clasp seemed sturdy enough, it is quite delicate but doesn't look like it will snap.

The owl itself is reasonably small and is very pretty.

Overall a good quality necklace which makes a nice gift.

Be Brilliant Every Day
Be Brilliant Every Day
by Andy Cope

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book and I'm sure I will dip in ..., 21 Oct 2014
This review is from: Be Brilliant Every Day (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this book and I'm sure I will dip in and out of it again plenty of times in the future.

The style of writing is very easy to read, it's light hearted and really quite funny in places. It is a book that most people could benefit from reading, the very basic message is just to be a brilliant version of you. It's not trying to change you, it just makes you think about life in a fresh way and I found it very motivating/inspiring.

Dynamic Fat Burner 800 mg Coffee Bean Extract with GCA Natural Weight Loss Supplement - Pack of 60 Capsules

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me..., 16 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been finding it quite hard to lose weight so was interested to try these out.

To be honest, I haven't noticed any difference in my weight loss whatsoever so I won't order these again. I haven't noticed any side effects which I know you sometimes get with these kind of supplements but was really hoping to see a positive change on the scales or at least notice some decrease in my appetite but they just haven't worked for me.

The capsules are quite large and have a bit of an after taste, if they had worked this wouldn't have put me off taking them but with nothing to show for it I'd rather not!

I don't know if you have to take them for a while before seeing results but I'd have thought you might notice something after a few days at least.

Tacwise Electric 16G Finish Nail Gun
Tacwise Electric 16G Finish Nail Gun

4.0 out of 5 stars Good nail gun, 14 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really good nail gun. This is the first one I have owned so have nothing to compare it to but it does the jobs I need it for. It is easy to load and on the odd occasions the nails have jammed it was easy to clear. I bought it to fix my fence and put some shelves up in the garage and it was more than up to the task. It comes with a sturdy carry case which can hold both the gun and the nails. It's not too heavy though my only issue was the lead it comes with. Working outside I needed to use an extension cord and realised it would have been so much easier to get one without a cord, though that would have pushed the price up.

Galt Toys Water Magic Gift Set
Galt Toys Water Magic Gift Set
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 13 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really nicely packaged set, would certainly make a nice gift. I ordered this for my 3 year old son, who was really pleased with it.

I must admit, as an adult, I was initially a little underwhelmed as you can see the outline of the 'magic' picture before you start using the water pen on it but I was actually really impressed by the brightness of the colours as the pictures appeared. My son actually played with this for at least half an hour when it first arrived, announcing 'this is fun!' - praise indeed from a boy who can't normally sit still for any length of time!

He has now played with this a few times at home and we have taken out one of the pads and pens to a restaurant.

All you need is water for the pen, which of course has the added bonus of no mess, and you are good to go. The pictures dry and disappear quickly enough, there is a slight water mark left behind on some of the pages after they've dried but it doesn't affect subsequent uses.

A really good toy, my son definitely seems to prefer it to the aqua doodle type mats. It is definitely good for toddlers as you don't need to be able to draw to enjoy this.

The pads and mats are quite chunky and seem like they will withstand plenty of use!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19